Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM   #1
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up 2008 SSC Ultimate Aero

Jay Leno's reviews my current favorite american car and supercar
http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...tml?vid=275184

Last edited by pagani; 07-12-2008 at 08:13 PM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
xbeakerx
Regular User

very very awesome
xbeakerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by xbeakerx View Post
very very awesome
I love it
Old 07-15-2008, 03:43 PM   #4
fordgt84
Regular User

i was a skeptic as well, but i am officially converted... the interior is nice, the outside is nice, the performance is incredible and those turbos sound awesome... jay's the man
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by fordgt84 View Post
i was a skeptic as well, but i am officially converted... the interior is nice, the outside is nice, the performance is incredible and those turbos sound awesome... jay's the man
You have found the light
Old 07-15-2008, 04:53 PM   #6
SHIZL
Regular User

i liked when he fired it up classic love the car true supercar
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
PMental
Regular User

Wow, that's quite an impressive car there!

It's so far out of my range it's not even funny of course, but it's always good fun to see a real gearhead/madman make an insane project like this come true

Mr Shelby came across as a real nice guy, and I really have to check out Jays Garage more, I've only really seen him on his tonight show but his motor interest really outshadows his funny side (and I mean that in a very positive way).
PMental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:49 PM   #8
Spiffu
Regular User

Well, I will give Jay credit for being nice to the owner while he's standing in front of him about his car. But he owns a Veyron and not one of these which goes to show his real stance on the car.

There have only been 7 Aero's delivered to customers thus far. Only 50 are supposed to be built.

221 Veryrons Have been delivered to their customers. 500 are supposed to be built.

I still maintain that the Veyron is a far better built, better quality hyper car that accomplishes a lot more achievements for a road car of it's capabilities.

It's more civilized, the interior is of the most luxurious you'll find in any car on the road. The ride quality is also like a luxury car when in normal road mode. The power is manageable by anyone because it has TC and ABS (on the E-brake no less!)

Most of all it's the most stable road car at top speed. 253 mph feels like 60. And it can corner and it can drift with the TC off as tiff needel demonstrated.

Ok I'm done, I just think the veyron is a phenomenal engineering achievement. Anyone with the funds and strap a stable power source to a aero dynamic chassis and make it go fast. It's a different story entirely to make that thing civilized.

If you want pure speed, ask a racing team to take race car to detune it for the street.

It's an 06 dammit!
Spiffu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 01:21 AM   #9
enzoferrari
Regular User

^^^Yea and It needs 4 turbos a 16 litter engine with 15984265264 radiators to do that.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post
Well, I will give Jay credit for being nice to the owner while he's standing in front of him about his car. But he owns a Veyron and not one of these which goes to show his real stance on the car.

There have only been 7 Aero's delivered to customers thus far. Only 50 are supposed to be built.

221 Veryrons Have been delivered to their customers. 500 are supposed to be built.

I still maintain that the Veyron is a far better built, better quality hyper car that accomplishes a lot more achievements for a road car of it's capabilities.

It's more civilized, the interior is of the most luxurious you'll find in any car on the road. The ride quality is also like a luxury car when in normal road mode. The power is manageable by anyone because it has TC and ABS (on the E-brake no less!)

Most of all it's the most stable road car at top speed. 253 mph feels like 60. And it can corner and it can drift with the TC off as tiff needel demonstrated.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlyGW9mx6zo&feature=related

Ok I'm done, I just think the veyron is a phenomenal engineering achievement. Anyone with the funds and strap a stable power source to a aero dynamic chassis and make it go fast. It's a different story entirely to make that thing civilized.

If you want pure speed, ask a racing team to take race car to detune it for the street.
The veyron is boring and overrated.
Old 07-16-2008, 12:07 PM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Spiffu View Post

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zlyGW9mx6zo&feature=related

You know, it is ok to say you like an American product every now and again
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 12:23 PM   #12
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You know, it is ok to say you like an American product every now and again
It sure is.
Old 07-16-2008, 01:54 PM   #13
turpija
Regular User

Electric Aero sounds more interesting

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-071208.php
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #14
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by turpija View Post
Electric Aero sounds more interesting

http://www.shelbysupercars.com/news-071208.php
Maby but give the normal gasoline power aero any time of the day.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:01 PM   #15
silentm
Regular User

i aknowledge the car for what it has reached, but i just can't agree on the front end styling. the rest looks great. though they should have but a nice badge on the steering wheel, maybe that would have been a nicer finishing touch
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote