Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 11-05-2005, 01:14 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default FEAR, Is It Lame Or What?

Well I got this game and thank God I didnt pay for it. It was supposed to scare me shitles have amazing graphics and a whole lot of other things.

Well I havent been impressed with FPS graphics since FarCry and HL2 and it stays that way after this game.
The Sounds in this game are nothing spectacular.
Oh and it just doesnt scare me, if anything it comes across as a cheezy wanna be Hitchcock knock off.

All this hype and what do I get? Shit. :roll:

Not that I would play it in the first place but at least I would have something for that day when I am bored out of my mind and this game wont even take care of that.

Anyone else tried this game?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 01:44 PM   #2
Fleischmann
Regular User

I haven't played it but I am quite surprised with your words, as this game was announced as the scariest FPS ever. That's a real shame
Old 11-05-2005, 01:52 PM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Fleischmann
I haven't played it but I am quite surprised with your words, as this game was announced as the scariest FPS ever. That's a real shame
I dunno mate, I dont get scared easy, maybe its my laid back "seen it, done it" nature

It's kinda hard to get scared when you anticipate to get scared There are constant creapy background noises so after a while I just got used to it and started to ignore it.

Its liek you walk around and some mouse kicks up some boxes in the air and and a bleeding face comes out of no where.

If they wanted to get someone scared they should have created a different atmoshphere where you walk around in the quiet like in HL2 and all of a sudden something jumps out at you.
Old 11-05-2005, 03:33 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Default Re: FEAR, Is It Lame Or What?

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Well I got this game and thank God I didnt pay for it.
See - I knew you got free shit...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #5
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Well I got this game and thank God I didnt pay for it.
See - I knew you got free shit...
I paid for it, with bandwith
Old 11-05-2005, 06:12 PM   #6
Z3uS
Regular User

I played it and it wasnt what i was expecting but i think as a FPS its a great game!
Old 11-06-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
SPEEDCORE
Regular User

I havent played enough of it to say if it is or isnt as good as 89% PCG gave it but I was having a game, killing the soliders put that bullet time on, threw a gernade at some soliders thay yelled FUCK! just b4 the Boom and they died. It made me laugh.

Im over the Must have best graphics and sound BS, everyone hypes about, if the game is fun that is what is important. Sure I want to see improvement in graphics for the $9mill i spent on my Vid card but I dont rate a game solely on how it looks.
SPEEDCORE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 04:51 PM   #8
HoboPie
Regular User

I thought it looked quite good with all that virtual displacement mapping, and I thought it was pretty fun, but after a little while I was annoyed with the weapons. They sounded loud and did enough damage...... when they hit. The aiming bothered me much like it did in HL and HL2. Even if you are crouched bullets fly out of your gun in some sort of dispersal pattern. It's like the bullets are coming out of the barrel at different angles.

It is the exact same problem I had with HL2 except in this case the guns did actually feel rather punchy, in HL2 some of the guns felt like pea shooters, especially the standard machine gun. Overall HL2 was better, but this certainly has it for guns and graphics.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:36 PM   #9
jamberl
Regular User

Well I got this game and thank God I didnt pay for it. It was supposed to scare me shitles have amazing graphics and a whole lot of other things.

Well I havent been impressed with FPS graphics since FarCry and HL2 and it stays that way after this game.
Oh and it just doesnt scare me, if anything it comes across as a cheezy wanna be Hitchcock knock off.

Not that I would play it in the first place but at least I would have something for that day when I am bored out of my mind and this game wont even take care of that.

I bought this game as soon as it came out - I think its actually pretty good. The AI is aggressive and realistic, and you can get into some really intense fights.

What computer do you have, and what quality settings are you running it on?
Old 11-19-2005, 07:01 PM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by jamberl

I bought this game as soon as it came out - I think its actually pretty good. The AI is aggressive and realistic, and you can get into some really intense fights.

What computer do you have, and what quality settings are you running it on?
Its in my sig, dont remeber what settings, but high to max...uninstalled it the day I posted this thread.