Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 03-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #1
Daggernite
Regular User

Default A GT4 Favor needed

Well I have a problem eating away at me on GT4, with a hotlap battle I'm having with a friend. It started last thursday staying up all night competing for the best lap on the Nurburgring, using a stock S2000 on time trial in arcade mode with Sports/Medium tires. Basically I lost to his time of 8:07.944, while my time was 8:08.489, he cut the last corner coming from the long straight, so in my eyes we were pretty even so I was ok fairly pleased with myself.
Now this morning I was once again hotlapping and managed to pull off a 8:06.412, so I told him a new time was set over MSN, and the battle started again. He replied back a short while after saying he got 8:06.102, and I thought fair enough, I did make a few mistake I can improve upon so I started going at the ring again. Now its the next message from my mate that made me wonder. He got a 8:03.9.
Now I saw him pull off the 8:07 laptime when he was at my house, and I dont really think he could have improved by 4 seconds in the little time we was racing this morning. I went at it and went at it! and I can't get anywhere near this time. Then it hit me that I bet he put the Sports:Soft tires on without telling me. I guess its not cheating since we never mentioned the tires, but it would have been the fair thing to tell me if any of the conditions was changed. So I changed my tires to the soft compund and low and behold I got a very similar time to his 8:03.619 (Faster might I add ). Now I dont want to claim the title if he really has'nt used soft compound tires and I have, it just all adds up that he has used the soft tires. So this is where I need a little bit of help from JW.

Can someone please have afew goes of trying to get a 8:03 with the normal sport tires, if someone here can do it then, I'll find it more believeable he did that lap.

So if you would here are the settings:

In Arcade mode>timetrail>Nurburgring>S2000>Sports:Medium

All electronic assists disabled

Also to make it fair, please use the rules which me and my friend used, these are basically, keep it realistic as you can to a reality race, meaning no using the walls to your advantage in any way, no crossing the grass to gain an advantage, just basically race like you would on the real Nurburgring.

Thank you to any one that helps me out, I just basically wanna know if my friend is lying about his laptime or if its more likely that he uses soft tires.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
komotar
Regular User

I got a 7.59.231 yesterday.....sports medium tires.............just kidding

I'll try it.

Later.

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 07:47 AM   #3
Daggernite
Regular User

For half a second then I felt like crying I'm not even joking.
I just got a 8:01.238 on sports:soft, so thats good

Thanks alot komotar
Old 03-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #4
gis
Regular User

well you knw mate im trying it right now,its harder than it looks,LOL

but im pretty confident to say your mate didnt hit 8:03 on sports medium

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #5
djv

eh.. I'm in the middle of championship but as soon as thats finished I will have a crack at it
Old 03-21-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hmm...sounds fun! This also reminds me of the online racing! I think we can start in around next week or so?
Old 03-21-2005, 06:50 PM   #7
Daggernite
Regular User

Well I just woke up at 22:30pm because I was awake the whole of the night before, trying to beat 8:03 in medium tires!! which im sure is impossible!! Anyway when you guys test it out for me, so im sure in my mind he only got that time in soft tires, then I can gladly send him a message in msn saying look at my time Which at the momment is 8:01.2, I've also included my replay, just to show people who aint use to the S2000, can see how it should run to get them times. Also its acts as proof too.

Daggernite's S2000
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/daggern...rnites2000.wmv

Also thank to everyone trying, and like pimp racer said, it is pretty fun, it can just get annoying too
Old 03-21-2005, 07:50 PM   #8
5vz-fe
Regular User

I've done 7 laps on medium tires........average 8:08~9 (best 8:07.2, but cheated abit on 2 corners) pretty much error free. I don't really see an extra 5 seconds I can squeeze out........2 maybe...but definitely not 5.........
Old 03-21-2005, 07:56 PM   #9
Daggernite
Regular User

OK thank 5vz-fe, by just yours and Gis's feedback I'm pretty sure he is using soft tires, but the more ppl who can lemme know what they got, the better it will be. Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #10
No.1
Regular User

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
I've done 7 laps on medium tires........average 8:08~9 (best 8:07.2, but cheated abit on 2 corners) pretty much error free. I don't really see an extra 5 seconds I can squeeze out........2 maybe...but definitely not 5.........
Your just shit

I'll have a go tomorrow for you Dagger That's whats so great about the easter holidays 8)
Old 03-21-2005, 08:20 PM   #11
gis
Regular User

well i got 8:04.372 on soft tyres,i know there is more time to get off that but i just cant seem to do it no matter how hard i try

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 PM   #12
Daggernite
Regular User

Thanks thenumber1, cheers again Gis. I was just looking through my inbox and I see a E-mail from ma mate.

hes supposdily got 8'02.163 now

I am so so sure hes lying now, I'm only gunna believe him if he can show me in person. If it is possible to do that time in medium tires, then I'm sure someone here must beable to do it. Oh well Practise makes perfect heres to another long night on GT4
Old 03-21-2005, 11:49 PM   #13
SFDMALEX
Regular User

The key to NS is to drive in high gears, try taking more corners a gear up then you usualy would. Dont try to redline it. You just need complete smoothnes, if you feel like your low in the RPM range coming out of a corner dont hesitate to down shift unless its really low. Try that and tell me how it goes. Try taking more corners a gear higher then you usualy would
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 11:55 PM   #14
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
The key to NS is to drive in high gears, try taking more corners a gear up then you usualy would. Dont try to redline it. You just need complete smoothnes, if you feel like your low in the RPM range coming out of a corner dont hesitate to down shift unless its really low. Try that and tell me how it goes. Try taking more corners a gear higher then you usualy would
Yeah thanks for pointing that out man! I kinda found that out the hard way!
BTW another advice would be to try and not push your limits! Try to take things slowly at first and then after about 5 straight laps on the ring try and kinda push yourself you I bet you will do better! I cant wait to try this out! I cant wait to sit down and try it! I can do it right now but I would probably get some crappy time since I would be kinda rushing it. I hope to give you my time hopefully tommorow!
Old 03-22-2005, 12:56 AM   #15
Daggernite
Regular User

Thats true SFDMALEX if you can keep your revs up it helps. I've just been doing laps flat out since my last post and finally I have got a lap I'm real please with that I dont think my mate will beat.

7:57.202

Also another "secret" or tip I would suggest is practise your exit speeds corners which carry onto long straights, because if you come out just 1mph fast than before, that means your going 1mhp fast for that entire straight section, which can cuz a nice slice of you lap

I'll post my replay later, but as for now I'm satisfyed