Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #1
styla21
Regular User

Default Lewis Hamilton... Arrogant?

This is not my personal opinion - yet.

However it is being discussed around the web (itv-f1.com) and other commentary that Lewis Hamilton has developed a bit of attitude this year.

I'm finding now the more that I read his comments or in the press, I can understand why.
Perhaps it's a lack of people skills? Or just really focused on the race..
But you cannot answer people like this and expect it to be taken warmly.

Q: (Anne Giuntini - L’Equipe) Sorry to disturb you, Lewis, but is it what you call a small incident involving Kimi being a victim? Is it smaller than a mistake that would annoy only you?
LH:
That’s what I just said, didn’t I?

From ITV
Have you noticed a small change in Lewis Hamilton’s attitude recently? His reply when asked by Louise about his qualifying lap of "Good car, good team....(long pause and smile) great driver," is I think very telling.
James Allen:
It was interesting that in Monaco he not only encouraged comparisons after the race between himself and Senna, but actually spoke of himself in comparison with Senna. .....
...I agree with Ed Gorman of The Times, that what people don’t like about Lewis is the sense of ‘entitlement’ – the notion that he was somehow born to be F1 champion, entitled to breeze straight into the best car in F1 and be praised for it. They resent that.
Many members of the public in Britain resent it too and of course the foreign media and Lewis’s rivals really resent it.
Thoughts?

Last edited by styla21; 06-19-2008 at 08:22 PM.
styla21 is offline   Reply With Quote