Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 08-17-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default photoshoot with a Lingenfelter 415 CID LT5 ZR-1

At a glance, the Lingenfelter LT5 ZR-1 package here was one of just 4 built. It features a 415 Cubic Inch DOHC LT5, with custom exhaust geometry; as well as a cabin controlled exhaust valve to allow freer flow, and added noise. The wide aero body was designed to eliminate high speed instability due to a lack of aerodynamic downforce above 150 MPH. This car packs the punch of over 640 HP at 6700 RPM, and 520 lbs.-ft. @ 5500 RPM

Click any of the photos to see the 610 HP LT5 package offered by Lingenfelter; or call 260-724-2552 for further questions.

Stay tuned for video of this car on Woodward!
Old 08-17-2011, 11:53 PM   #2
PaulGT2164
Regular User

I love the LT5 engine.

I have driven a few ZR1s and loved them.

I drove a custom 1LTE Camaro with a LT5 (GM in-house show car) and a quite free flowing exhaust and it was great sounding. I have some pics of this car somewhere. Was the only non-corvette car to ever leave the factory with an LT5. Customer bought it @ Barrett Jackson a couple years ago when GM cleared out some of their collection.

I would love to have one of these engines laying around on a test stand to look at and disturb the neighbors on occasion.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:00 AM   #3
5vz-fe
Regular User

The interior almost look brand new.....
Old 08-18-2011, 07:54 AM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by PaulGT2164 View Post
I love the LT5 engine.

I have driven a few ZR1s and loved them.

I drove a custom 1LTE Camaro with a LT5 (GM in-house show car) and a quite free flowing exhaust and it was great sounding. I have some pics of this car somewhere. Was the only non-corvette car to ever leave the factory with an LT5. Customer bought it @ Barrett Jackson a couple years ago when GM cleared out some of their collection.

I would love to have one of these engines laying around on a test stand to look at and disturb the neighbors on occasion.
That's pretty cool. There was a 4th gen Camaro running around with an LT5 for a while here; obviously not factory; however I heard the kid's dad was a GM exec.

Lingenfelter also recently found a 1LE 1992 Camaro... but I can only imagine how fast that would be with the LT5! I just love the LT5. Lingenfelter's chief engineer came from Lotus, and knows the engine intimately
Old 01-15-2016, 09:20 AM   #5
hunt
Regular User

very cool color! Thanks for the post!
hunt is offline   Reply With Quote