Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #211
Andrew
Regular User

down under i was lucky with this as the shop didnt devalue you it for customs but they sent it to the billing address(parents house) rather than where i get all my models shipped to(grand parents only 4 doors down the road as theres someone always home) so i didnt get a knock on the door from the customs man asking for money :fist:
Old 06-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #212
TopGearNL
Regular User

Ah ok, thats a far way mate! Good thing you don't have to pay full custom rate :shock:
Old 06-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #213
Andrew
Regular User

some pics!
on the outsite the model is fantastic,the shape of it is better than CC's 24hr bathurst winner,i thought the hoodpins on the cc were good but these are amazing interior and engine wise cc is way ahead,also this is a hell of alot lower than the CC version,infact the front spoiler on the biante car fits under the front spoiler on the CC one!.being the rarest signed brock model (only 2004) and considering i got it for a fair amount less than the current average brock car price im really happy with it

more pics

and a couple of picture of the bathurst 2006 winner base,according to the shop theres only 2 of these in the whole of europe.

and if someone has a few £££
http://www.duttondirect.com/motorsport/view/id:72
Old 06-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #214
TopGearNL
Regular User

Only 2 in Europe ey, in that case well done! :good: :shock:

When I win the lottery Ill buy that real Brock car and you can drive it around for me
Old 07-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #215
Andrew
Regular User

well me and david(mc12) were in edinburgh yesterday,the rest of the pics from edinburgh in the link,you can see the castle in the background in a couple of the pics

and a behind the scenes shot

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...oot/?start=all

and a slideshow
Old 07-29-2007, 11:44 PM   #216
Schwalbe

Nice B7 RS4 shots. :good:
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 08:34 AM   #217
Andrew
Regular User

maybe one of the most talked about models to come out this year,the good old bentley blower.Not a lemans winner but somehow a very famous car.the screws on it are smaller than normal so i couldnt unscrew them

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/amd_...ower/?start=all

mines is the DE version orginally when these came out a couple of months back they were around £140 but recently bentley and minichamps have thought that was abit cheap and have jacked it up to £180!! and if you think its mainly diecast,erm nop! alot of it is plastic! not looking good is it :sad: but maybe they used leather on it? nop the seats are plastic and i have my doubts on the straps.what about the wheels? plastic! the bonnet? plastic! fenders? PLASTIC! you can see where this is going.

so is there anything to like about this model? well yes.even though it is mainly plastic,the car is beautiful theres no other word for it and fantasicly detailed.i have to admit i find MC's models crap but theirs DE's are second to none and the hinges are admittedly the best ive seen on a model! The straps are a nice touch but an utter b*stard.

so is this model worth £180+?

NO!!!!!

so why does it cost so much? simple answer being they know we will buy this! i only paid £100 for this from a guy who works for bentley and imo it was worth the £100 but then again most of my models after postage come to around the same so in a sense im used to that kinda price.i would say if you can find one for a similer price(theres a couple on ebay for £110) and you want it then get it.for £180? well you must ether really really want one or youve done a good job avoiding the men in white coats
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM   #218
Andrew
Regular User

well this finally made it 1930 Bentley Speed Six "Blue Train Special" some background on the model.
In 1930 the coachbuilders Gurney Nutting produced this fixed head coupe for capt Woolf Barnato,who was at the time Chairman of Bentley Motors. A stunning car that is truly unique,just one example with this body style was ever produced.This design is unusual as it features a third seat mounted "side-saddle" beneath the sloping roof.
Known as the "Blue Train Bentley",this Speed Six is one of the most famous Bentley's of all time.Its name is take from a famous challenge that took place in 1930 and saw Barnato race "Le Train Bleu" that ran the lenth of France between Cannes and Calais.
Whilst dinning on a friend's Yacht in Cannes,Barnato entered into a casual wager that he could not only race the Train to Calais in his Bentley Speed Six(it had been done before), he could in fact cross the channel to England before the train arrived in Calais.
Such was Barnato's pace at the wheel of his Speed Six that,despite a puncture and failing to find the fuel lorry he had arranged near Auxerre,he not only beat the train but also managed to arrive back in London four minutes before the train arrived in Calais,thus winning the £200 wager.(He was subsequently find the equivalent of £160 by the French authorities for an illegal motor race through France,which he failed to pay.)
This twist in the tale is that some now believe this car may not have been completed at the time of the race and it was another Speed Six owned by Barnato that took part in the epic run,but this unique Bentley will be forever known as the car that beat the Blue Train.
(A dramatisation on Woolf Barnato's own account of the Blue Train episode.)
Blue Train Special

Once upon an enchanted time, a sporty gentleman by the name of Captain Woolf Barnato was guest at a smart 1930's dinner party in Cannes.
Captain Barnato was a businessman of substance, a celebrated racing driver, and a noted bon vivant. No doubt there was fine cuisine and good company at the table that evening, but we might guess that he nevertheless was feeling a little restless…
Talk around the table had swung round to the topic of motor cars; in particular to an advertisement by a manufacturer of the day claiming that his machine had gone faster than the famous Blue Train express as it journeyed on its way from Cannes to the French Channel port of Calais.
Barnato smiled. He contended that just to go faster than the Blue Train was of no special merit. Why, at the wheel of his own Speed Six Bentley, he declared, he could arrive in England before The Blue Train reached Calais! That would indeed be a test of man and machine. Would he care to prove it? He would!
The next day, as at 5:45 PM The Blue Train steamed out of the station at Cannes. Captain Barnato, with one of his friends who had gallantly offered to act as a relief driver, took to the mighty Bentley and set off at the double.
From Lyons onwards they had to battle against heavy rain. At 4:20 AM, in Auxerre, they lost time searching for a refueling rendezvous. Through central France they hit fog, then shortly after Paris they had a burst tyre, requiring the use of their one and only spare. And yet, racing non-stop through the night along the bumpy, 1930's Routes Nationales, they reached the coast at 10:30 AM, sailed over to England on the cross-Channel packet, and were neatly parked outside The Conservative Club in St. James's Street, London, by 3:20 PM - four minutes before The Blue Train was to arrive in Calais!

Woolf Barnato, a millionaire sportsman, had a number of swashbuckling Bentleys specially built for him in the 1930's including a 61/2 litre, 3-seater coupe with coachwork by Gurney-Nutting. The redoubtable Captain Barnato was long an admirer of W.O. Bentley's engineering expertise and during the 1930's invested heavily in Bentley Motors, and was appointed its Chairman.
A distance of over 570 miles, having maintained an average speed of 43.43 mph. (Re-printed from the Spring 1995 Quest Magazine)
In truth the car that really did the race was a speed six le mans race car with a Mulliner saloon body.this blue train car was deliveried a couple of weeks later and named after the race.

now onto the model! The model really is beautiful and there is nice little details on it for example the leather strap used as the hinge for the boot and the tools in it.the engine is also massive! not as detailed as cmc or exoto but its nice enough.thankfully on this the wings and bonnet are metal!!! (yay!! ) and as on the blower my favourite part of the model is the door and bonnet hinges,i havent seen nicer hinges on another model before.

more pics
Old 09-22-2007, 08:00 PM   #219
Andrew
Regular User

got this the other day

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...Brock%20RS500/
Peter Brock 1989 bathurst RS500
peter brock had all the ford badges removed off the RS500's that he raced,this model scares for the fact its falling apart!

also skoda fabia wrc test car

also printed off these 1/18 scale posters for some of the aussie cars

Old 10-05-2007, 01:25 PM   #220
Andrew
Regular User

decided to pick up an elite 599 yesterday as i didnt fancy doing a wheel swap on the super elite.wheel swap was alot harder than i thought and a couple of things i thought about just giving up but in the end just look at it! it looks amazing with the wheels on it

http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h4...ri%20599%20cs/

Old 10-30-2007, 07:29 PM   #221
Andrew
Regular User

Had this a couple of weeks now,great custom job by Kerry.This car ran unliveryed for 2 trackdays i had went to then for the time attack event they did this livery for it.normally with race cars that there isnt models of and you see a nice livery you do drool over it and wish you had a model of it,but when i see this i was in awe.Admittedly im not an evo fan but this livery suited it down to a T it looked fantastic and i just had to have it! and yes the bruces taxi people know about it now

more pics

looks like this now..........now where to find 10 spoke black alloys

finally after 11ish weeks its here! my Holden HSV GTS-R #0085 of 2190 this model is so much better than previous biante models,dare i say CC level maybe? love the bonnet system on it,it has a properly latch on it so it secures when you push it down and when you want to open it you press a button under it and it pops up like on a real car and then you can lift it

more pics
Old 10-31-2007, 12:13 AM   #222
Pokiou
Regular User

Nice collection of Aussie muscles cars mate
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:28 AM   #223
gis
Regular User

NIce new cars mate,i wish i had the room to buy more models to be honest,getting to the point were im considering selling up,almost slold my veyron model the other day

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 07:30 AM   #224
Andrew
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
NIce new cars mate,i wish i had the room to buy more models to be honest,getting to the point were im considering selling up,almost slold my veyron model the other day
with me i will find room its getting to the point of no storage now so they are randomly stacked in places now
Old 10-31-2007, 08:17 AM   #225
gis
Regular User

lol same here mine are stacked.if i got a cabinet it would be easier,but id still have to find places to put the empty box's,lol

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote