Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-24-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
ae86_16v
Regular User

Default Freemasonry

What does this mean? I heard that Freemasonry are a secret society. Being right smack in the middle of Hollywood Blvd isn't really secretive. (Across from the Kodak Theatre).

ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
Everlasting
Regular User

this should be sufficient

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freemasonry
Everlasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 05:36 AM   #3
evoWalo
Regular User

joining them is by invitation only or you have to born to a father who is a freemason. afaik if you're christian or roman catholic you're disallowed to join but the freemasons welcomes everyone of any faith that worships a single diety.

a friend in australia wanted to join, being a migrant, to get to know people in the area like a social club. a lot of famous people are supposedly members. the way dan brown portrayed them made em look very honorable. i just dont know which part of dan's brown portrayal of the freemasons is fact or fiction.
Old 06-25-2006, 05:42 AM   #4
evoWalo
Regular User

friend said bill clinton was a freemason and went to the philippines to shore up local freemasonry. the country being in the pocket of the christian fundamentalists he didnt prosper much.
evoWalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #5
666fast
Regular User

joining them is by invitation only or you have to born to a father who is a freemason
Nope. You can ask to join, but you need to meet some requirements, then you'll be voted in, or not in heh. I don't think you can be "born" into it.

Freemasonry is nothing like what it used to be. It's just a social club that tries to help communities and such. My grandfather was a Freemason, goofy sash thing and all.
When he passed away, I think he was buried with the sash, if he wasn't then I don't know where it went. But all the other things (cufflinks, tiepins and bible etc..) were all given to me.