Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 06-21-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
StanAE86
Regular User

Default Another Defense Attorney of Saddam, Killed

Three dead since the trial started? I'd say, "sorry dude, you're on your own in this one" if I got assigned to him:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13451449/
Old 06-22-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Ok so this is what I'm trying to figure out..

Is Saddam killing off his lawyers to lay off getting convicted? or is the US Government killing them off?
Old 06-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #3
RC45
Regular User

^^^ Let's think about this now shall we...

Here is a quote from further on in the article... exactly how many ways does the fact that there are terrorists opperating in the middle east have to be presented to people?

An al-Qaida-led insurgent group said in a Web statement that it has decided to kill four Russian Embassy workers kidnapped in Baghdad on June 3. It said Moscow failed to meet its demands for a full withdrawal of troops from Chechnya.

The statement by the Mujahedeen Shura Council came a day after the same group claimed responsibility for killing two U.S. soldiers whose bodies were found south of Baghdad.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2006, 10:01 AM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex

Is Saddam killing off his lawyers to lay off getting convicted?
I doubt Saddam even has any possibility to have them killed anyway...
You know he has some support right? I mean he may have lead the country - but he was not alone - he also had partners and supporters for all of his butcherous activities.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:11 PM   #5
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
True, but how do you figure he can give orders from a jail cell. I doubt he has much communication with the outside world, except for his lawyers.

Offcourse I could be wrong, that's just how I think it is.
I take it you never been to jail then?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
blinkmeat
Regular User

Hahaha - I laughed a few times when reading this - Thanks RC

Now then - Lets just throw this guy to the Lions (literally) and be done with him - problem solved
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 02:34 PM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

Saddam killing off his lawyers to lay off getting convicted? or is the US Government killing them off?
Your missing the third option.. Kurds and Shites hate him so bad they kill his defense attornys in liu of killing him. Really I dont see the US having a reason to off them, and while in jail saddam could get help, why would he kill his own lawyers?
Old 06-26-2006, 09:42 AM   #8
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Saddam killing off his lawyers to lay off getting convicted? or is the US Government killing them off?
Your missing the third option.. Kurds and Shites hate him so bad they kill his defense attornys in liu of killing him. Really I dont see the US having a reason to off them, and while in jail saddam could get help, why would he kill his own lawyers?
Yeah I figured there would be another middle eastern group in the mix, but I'm not to knowledgable about all the crazy fucked up and pissed off groups of people over there..

The only reason I can think of Saadam killing off his attorny's is to delay his conviction... and that doesn't really seem all to likely.