Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 11-27-2005, 08:47 AM   #16
leo_26782
Regular User

Might be better than what many people expected, but I'll wait and see for other opinions
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #17
Shinigami
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Viva la incorrect linking.

And its Clarkson. He drives an SLK, what does he know about cars(to steal a guests line).
Did you drive the new SLK 55 AMG? Most people who have, have liked the car very much. Are you saying people like TT who mentioned that the car was fun to drive, are all wrong?
Old 11-27-2005, 12:50 PM   #18
Shinigami
Regular User

I just find it wrong for some people to talk sh1t about a car if they haven't actually driven it... kind of wrong IMO, but opinions are like a$$holes, we all have 'em

Anyway, on my business trip to Japan, I bought the latest Top Gear and Evo, which both had articles about the Veyron. Both praised the car, and Top Gear even had Gordon Murray talk about how well the car handled.

Yes, 2 tons is quite a lot of car (actually, I think it's said to be 2.1 tons without driver), yet the car is able to keep down in corners surprisingly well! Weight can be a disadvantage WHEN you cannot harness it. Maybe Bugatti discovered a way to keep the car under control even though it weighs so much.

I hope I get a chance to drive it one day... so many cars, so little time
Old 11-27-2005, 01:11 PM   #19
5.7 V10
Regular User

810,000 pounds... Ouch

I think i'd rather have a Zonda F (400,000 pounds) and a Carrera GT (322,015 pounds)

Thx for the link

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2005, 02:36 PM   #20
graywolf624
Regular User

Did you drive the new SLK 55 AMG? Most people who have, have liked the car very much. Are you saying people like TT who mentioned that the car was fun to drive, are all wrong?

don't mind graywolf...he doesn't know anything
He's also joking, but apparently some people don't have a sense of humour.

Though for the record I have some mercedes contacts(as some information I shared last year proved), I could technically snap my fingers and drive any of their current models if I chose (with the possible exception of the slr). Would you prefer before making a jk about styling stolen from someone on tv I went and drove the car? Do you really think vehicle dynamics would make a difference in a stolen jk about styling.

edit- added current to models in case anyone trys to push for proof, though I think certain things Ive shared before prove that point.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:56 PM   #21
coloradosilver
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami
I just find it wrong for some people to talk sh1t about a car if they haven't actually driven it... kind of wrong IMO,
I don't have to drive a Hyundai Accent to tell you that it's a peice of shit.

My friend has an Audi A4 thats 3 years old, I've never driven it, but I can tell you that I would never own one. Too slow for me, way to many mechanical problems, and overpriced.

Driving a car is not always necessary to make a judgment.
coloradosilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:21 PM   #22
Aus240
Regular User

Any ideas if top gear, 5th gear will feature a test on camera?? I can't wait to see it in action. 8)
Aus240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:27 PM   #23
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Aus240
Any ideas if top gear, 5th gear will feature a test on camera?? I can't wait to see it in action. 8)
Certainly top gear are in this series

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=33919
Old 12-02-2005, 01:04 AM   #24
sledgeham
Regular User

boy o boy
if JC is impressed, i am too
that guy is so hard to please..
im at a loss of words.. is it really gona be THAT good?!
and VW managed to pull it off.. wonder what will ever better this monster
sledgeham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:50 AM   #25
Anonymous

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
BTW, do you know if the 'Stig' will set a lap with the Veyron??
I hope so, but I doubt it Already I am wondering how the hell they got permission to take it across Europe so early! Still once they've taken it that far, its only a relatively short hop from Gordon Ramsey's Restaurant to the Top Gear studios!
Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 AM   #26
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL
Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
BTW, do you know if the 'Stig' will set a lap with the Veyron??
I hope so, but I doubt it Already I am wondering how the hell they got permission to take it across Europe so early! Still once they've taken it that far, its only a relatively short hop from Gordon Ramsey's Restaurant to the Top Gear studios!
i really hope so, in fact...im sure it would be a very fast time on their track, with all the straights... it favours cars with high power... even so; i would like to see it happen.

4.5 million viewers in the UK alone... millions more worldwide...and what percentage of that group is in the "i can buy anything" catagory... its practically free international advertising; when they know they have a good product on thier hands, im not suprised one bit