Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 10-01-2006, 02:17 AM   #1
TNT
Regular User

Default HD Sportster 883R

the bike is heavy at 568 lbs, but has anyone heard about handling and if a newer rider could handle one on the road? i wouldn't be driving like a bat out of hell but highway and around town with the weekend road exploring. any comments or input?
Old 10-18-2006, 02:04 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Any HD is a sack of lard.

You would be better off learnign to ride a shopping cart that that piece of junk.

Do you self a favour and buy a real motorcycle - and a perfect starter bike would be a Suzuki SV650.

Learn the ropes with that, then graduate to a speed demon.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 PM   #3
corpse_grinder0
Regular User

I dont think hell want an SV 650, if hes lookin for a cruiser, like the 883. as for my opinion on the 883, its a piece of shit, and will leak oil within 1 month of ownership, and is way over priced... if your lookin for a good start bike, that is a cruiser, pick up a honda shadow 600 or 750, and or maybe a yamaha roadstar 650... they are great cruiser startbikes and you wont have any problem handling them on the road. but if you have just a tint of interest to get more into the sport riding side of things, pick up an SV 650 like RC mention, or maybe even a ninja 650r, both are outstanding first bikes. and in my opinion the ninja looks better.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
TNT
Regular User

cool thanks guys