Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 04-28-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
fordgt84
Regular User

Default The first time I've paid a bike any attention.

When I got to work this morning, i saw a couple of cops drooling over a motorbike...i got close enough to see that it was a bright shade of green Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R.

Now i'm not ashamed to admit that my level of interest in motorbikes, is about the same as my interest in knowing what pair of socks my boss was wearing. But this bike got me googling and sh*t.

So to the bike conaisseurs, is the thing any good? what would be the car equivalent?
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
freddiefish
Regular User

The thing is fast, i think you can compare it with a 997 turbo. It starts quicker but at high speed the porsche will keep up.
This is a supersport, that means the most sporty kind of motorcycle. You have 3 major categories in supersports bikes.First: Under 600cc, most are 125, not mutch but will go 130 km h ( 2 stroke is faster 160 kph or 100 miles per hour) and accelerate faster than a normal car. 250cc is double that but still not that fast. Then you have 600's, like this zx6 r, they have not that much torque, but at high rpm they're very fast. Then you have 1000cc's, those have got torque at low rpm and even more power at high rpm, these are as fast as ferrari enzo's.
freddiefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
10000rpmlover
Regular User

if you ever decide to buy a bike, skip the kawasaki, ducati, yamaha brands and go straight for a Honda, I have had my CBR bike for about 6 years now and have never had a single thing go wrong with it (and I ride it to work every summer)

here is a picture of what they look like

I should have pics of mine when I take it out of storage next month, never took any, best bike I ever had and possibly only one I will ever have, my CBR 600RR is one fast motherF^%$! don't let the 600 number fool you for one second, I don't think honda knows how to classify bikes, this thing performs just as well as a 1000, if you think I am biased, look it up, I have not found anyone to complain about them ever

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
10000rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 12:36 PM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by 10000rpmlover View Post
if you ever decide to buy a bike, skip the kawasaki, ducati, yamaha brands and go straight for a Honda, I have had my CBR bike for about 6 years now and have never had a single thing go wrong with it (and I ride it to work every summer).
Someone's a little brand loyal aren't they?
I've never had any issues with any of my bikes. Those being Yamahas and Suzukis. Well, not until I started doing heavy duty engine mods to them, and that is no fault of the bike, but one of me never being able to leave well enough alone.

I've ridden a few and the ZX-6 is a decent all-around machine. Good power, though, being a 600 means you will need to get the RPMs up to really feel it. Pretty comfy, at least as sportbikes go. No out of the ordinary problems that would become annoying over time.

That model has since been replaced by a newer one.

If you were seriously thinking about getting one, and this was going to be your first bike, I would tell you to stay far away from it, or any new 600 SS for that matter.

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Last edited by Minacious; 04-28-2009 at 12:44 PM.
Minacious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Someone's a little brand loyal aren't they?

my Honda is "TEH SEX" I get all sorts of compliments on it, besides I cannot find the need to have it go faster, so I leave it as is, if I want to go fast and act the fool I use my FD

twin turbo, AWD, AWS, 6spd, drop dead gorgeous, what's not to like? mitsubishi should go back and make these again
Old 04-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #6
fordgt84
Regular User

thanks for all the info fellas, but nah i'm not thinking of buying a sports bike, i'm a BIIIG sissy...i was merely curious.

and i'm not joking about being a sissy...this video induced some farts
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #7
10000rpmlover
Regular User

Originally Posted by fordgt84 View Post

and i'm not joking about being a sissy...this video induced some farts

funny... that video induced sexual arousal for me, I was feeling myself through the pants for a few seconds

Old 04-29-2009, 10:28 PM   #8
5vz-fe
Regular User

THat's insane!!!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:59 AM   #9
SHIZL
Regular User

those ducati999's are quite nice but on the pricey side but u dont have heavily modify them to get them to that point as some of the cheaper built bikes
SHIZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:20 AM   #10
torrentjunkie
Regular User

through a corner! wat a nutter
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 AM   #11
Minacious
Regular User

That isn't what I would call a corner.

Any competent rider can do what is in that video. Whether they would want to or not, is another story.