Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 10-25-2007, 07:09 AM   #1
Skaala
Regular User

I had a Suzuki TSX 50. When they arrive in Norway they are limited by new exhausts and carburetor, and with with a welded closed 6th gear to only go 45km/h on full power and high revs on a flat road in 5th. Stupid Norwegian laws. After I changed the gears, exhaust, carburetors and cylinder+pistons, it went 105km/h in 5th and I was able to maintain the normal 60km/h speedlimit, even when comming to a hill. I basically made it stock again and...maybe a little bit better

Old 10-25-2007, 08:18 AM   #2
pitfield
Regular User

I had a Peugeot Speedfight 50, it was the 3rd in the country, in red. It handled brilliantly and would do an indicated 97km/h. It was loads of fun.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

Yes I did. It was a 50cc moped gifted to me by my parents when I was about 18 years old. It was a effeminate looking thing with treacherous drum brakes that locked solid when it rained. I was glad to get rid of it two years down the road.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #4
666fast
Regular User

I came close to buying a Yamaha Zuma this year, which is a 50cc scooter, but people were asking for way to much. They were highly sought after and were discontinued a few years ago. But now, Yamaha has decided to make them again, so the prices have tanked on used ones. I'll definitely be buying one next year. LOL $4 in gas and it ought to get me to work and back for at least a month.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:00 AM   #5
Skaala
Regular User

^sprocket was the word I was looking for...not gear!
Old 10-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #6
sameerrao
Regular User

Originally Posted by mrmojo77
Originally Posted by sameerrao
Yes I did. It was a 50cc moped gifted to me by my parents when I was about 18 years old. It was a effeminate looking thing with treacherous drum brakes that locked solid when it rained. I was glad to get rid of it two years down the road.
I think the Suzuki PV is not sold anymore, because it's brakes are not approved by the EU rules. Dum brakes also.
Forgot to mention my moded had tiney scooter wheels - like 9"-10". Can you say UNSTABLE. The thing is to squirm when driving two up. What a POS

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #7
ARMAN
Regular User

my dad bought used moped and unmounted it ALL to the parts before I even saw it for the first time... :roll: he thought he will motivate me to get all excited and get my shit togeather and mount it all back... when I was about 15... aha... yea right :roll: Seeing POS cars all around you you cannot get excited about any cars/bikes/etc all I wanted is driving it first not putting parts togeather(owners manual for the moped? what manual? ), I havent even seen that moped in one piece and running so I had 0 motivation.
That was a sad story

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote