Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Bike Chat

Old 03-19-2007, 07:02 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

Congrats!

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:24 PM   #17
black_magician
Regular User

is that the new one with the 3 way power switch thing? wanna know if that's any good.
So there's a thread here with JW member's top speed. I hope I see 180mph++ up there soon!

congrats! 8)

(don't kill yourself)
black_magician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:51 PM   #18
GT-R_R34
Regular User

the one with the 3 way power switch is the k7. the k7 is 10 lbs heavier than mine. and i don't like the colors for the new one. and instead of one side exhaust it has two, looks weird. but i think the power delivery for the new one is smoother than the k6.
GT-R_R34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:58 AM   #19
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
id love to get a bike, but without a doubt it would be the death of me!!
amen to that :-/

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:27 AM   #20
black_magician
Regular User

Originally Posted by GT-R_R34
the one with the 3 way power switch is the k7. the k7 is 10 lbs heavier than mine. and i don't like the colors for the new one. and instead of one side exhaust it has two, looks weird. but i think the power delivery for the new one is smoother than the k6.
10lbs?! damn, the extra 2-4 HP from the new electronics wouldn't matter much anyway then.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:48 AM   #21
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i don't know on performance though. after looking at their website it's a whole new bike. new engine more electronics, etc.
i think the rider can make up that weight easily, plus they said that it has an improved suspension. by hand i could tell you that mine has a horrible suspension, but a great engine.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:38 AM   #22
black_magician
Regular User

Originally Posted by GT-R_R34
by hand i could tell you that mine has a horrible suspension, but a great engine.
famous last words...
It takes some time to dial in your suspension(especially on a new bike), but it's something I would make a priority when your dealing with that much power. I still mess with mine on my Kawi, but I'm not dealing with 160+ HP, so if I mess up I can deal with it till I get back home. I'd be worried If i rubbed a 1000 the wrong way.

I still want one though...
Old 03-23-2007, 11:09 PM   #23
GT-R_R34
Regular User

i have mind set up pretty hard. never like a soft suspension. i like to feel some of the bumps or feed back, but sometimes on LA freeways, a soft suspension wouldn't be so bad.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:03 PM   #24
obdr
Regular User

This might sound like a silly question.....but why in the heck do people always have thier bikes up on those stands when they take pics??? Whats the point of those things anyway other then maybe for working on the bike ???
obdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #25
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ Maybe it gives them a MotoGP/Superbikes feeling?

I like it better though on one of those stands!
Old 04-21-2007, 10:41 PM   #26
GT-R_R34
Regular User

the simple answer to your question be rear tire. It wear out so fast and it is easy to replace with a stand. taking the tire is cheaper than taking the whole bike to the shop for a rear tire or front. what ever may be the case. also is great for maintenance. lubing the chain replacing bakes, etc. it like a floor stand or jack in a car.
Old 04-22-2007, 01:46 AM   #27
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by obdr
This might sound like a silly question.....but why in the heck do people always have thier bikes up on those stands when they take pics??? Whats the point of those things anyway other then maybe for working on the bike ???
Yes that stand is for maintenance purposes, but the main reason you see them in a lot of pics as opposed to without is because many people take pics of their bikes after having just worked (and usually cleaned) on them.