Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 08-22-2007, 11:27 AM   #16
gis
Regular User

Im sorry to hear this news mate,as you say it was your fathers wish for the pain to stop and also for you to stop seeing him suffer.im sure your father is glad its over and can now look over you throughout the rest of your own life.

Always here for a chat mate if you need it

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 06:40 PM   #17
MIHALS
Regular User

really sorry to read this Rory - I knew your dad is going to be fine, but now I hope this was the best way for him - stop suffering... he's resting in peace now, watching you and your family
wish you all the best, take care of your family my friend!!!

:cry:

+++ REST IN PEACE +++
Old 08-22-2007, 11:11 PM   #18
sameerrao
Regular User

RIP!

I'm really sorry but in a way I'm glad that your dad's suffering ended. It was painful for him and for your family to watch.

The road to recovery will be slow and painful. We are there for you if you need some comfort or re-assurance. Best of luck for University.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 01:19 AM   #19
yg60m
Regular User

All my condolence Rory I noticed your absence but I thought that you were in holidays. I am very sorry mate.

Rest in Peace.

Yann
Old 09-02-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN

dont know what to say really... one thing - we are here for you Rory.
Cheers Arman, I know that and its much appreciated!

Originally Posted by Svensson
Wow man, just reading this really gave me a lump in my throat, let alone if it was my own father lying there...
Rory, I must say I think you're really strong the way you've dealt with it and are dealing with it right now! How hard it might be to say goodbye to your dad, I'm sure you have some great memories together that no one can ever take away from you! I'm absolutely sure he is so proud of you knowing you're going to University now and getting your driving license. Now you can really enjoy your car passion!

I don't have many words right now, but I really admire you for still supporting JW as good as you can even in this difficult time. A lot of props for that!

I wish you and your family a lot of strength and all the best for you!

Hope to see you soon on JW and of course congratulations on getting your license :good:
Yeah it wasn't easy but we have to go on. Thanks and Im glad I can drive now too mate!

Originally Posted by Skaala
sorry for your loss rory. feel I should write something, but that post left me completely lost for words. keep on going.
No problem mate, your comment and thoughts are enough!

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Sorry for your loss. I know its not of great comfort, but remember everything happens for a reason and ultimately those that have left go to a place without pain.
Yeah Im glad he's out of pain Gray like you say..

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex
good to hear from you again. it takes alot just to get yourself to write such a post.

its also good that you and your family were able to spend the last moments with your father. there really cant be anything else you can ask for in his posistion. hope your family is doing well, and congrats passing your driving test. you will soon be cruising with hot college chicks around campus.
Thanks, but I had to post this. Yeah Im glad I was there too and I hope to pick up some nice chicks soon

Originally Posted by acmartin
...completely awesome things on the horizon. It makes me happy that another member of JW.net is on his way to working with his heart and passion in the auto industry. May you be the knife through the green party's heart!!.
I hope so too mate, and thanks!

Originally Posted by pterps
(dutchmode ON) Ik ben blij om weer even van je te horen Rory, je moet een aantal hele zware weken achter de rug hebben en ik begrijp je gemengde gevoelens! Sterkte met het verwerken van dit enorme verlies.(dutchmode OFF)

I am happy to hear you see some positiv things again. So you are finally going to Driebergen! As I told you before itīs a great place for people who wanna work in the automotive industry. I still feel that this study has been very important for me and I still benefit from it.
Are you gonna travel between Driebergen and R-dam? We should make an appointment to eat something in Driebergen (lekkere vette hap ) We keep in touch!
Yeah it wasn't easy Peter as you know but we have to go on. Yeah Im going to the Iva, I started last week and I have a room in Driebergen. If you want to meet up sometime no problem! Thanks again Peter!

Originally Posted by Stoopie
Hey Rory, lang niet gesproken, nu weet ik dus ook wat de oorzaak daarvan was.. Echt rot om te horen, maar ik ben blij voor je dat je nu je gevoelens toch enigszins een plaats kunt geven. Dat is al een hele stap voorwaarts! Gecondoleerd en sterkte met dit verlies..

Heel veel succes op je nieuwe school, ik ken daar ook enkele mensen en ik hoor er niets dan goeds over dus dat zal wel goed komen
Thanks Rutger!

Originally Posted by StMoritzer
Good to see you back, already with positive aspects and future plans, all the best at university and I'm loking foreward to meet you during JW Run2008 latest.
Thanks STM and same goes for me, same goes for me mate.

Originally Posted by cooperluke
Condolences, and hope everything goes well with your family, you have to support each other now.

Just one thing, if he had tumour spread all over his body, how was he donour of organs?
Well his organs couldn't be used since they were infected but his eye-tissue could be used so they took that away.

Originally Posted by gis
Im sorry to hear this news mate,as you say it was your fathers wish for the pain to stop and also for you to stop seeing him suffer.im sure your father is glad its over and can now look over you throughout the rest of your own life.

Always here for a chat mate if you need it
Yeah you got to respect someones wishes and thanks Danny!

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I'm lost for words now Rory. Really sad to hear what has happened, but I'm glad you could spend the last moments with him. You seem to be really strong by the way you've dealt with everything, and I'm sure your dad is really proud of you now that you're going to university.
Yeah Im glad I was there too Dani, well my dad wanted me to get on so thats what Im doing.

Originally Posted by MIHALS
really sorry to read this Rory - I knew your dad is going to be fine, but now I hope this was the best way for him - stop suffering... he's resting in peace now, watching you and your family
wish you all the best, take care of your family my friend!!!
Yeah I was hoping it was going to end well too but it wasn't meant to be. I will look after them Mihals and thanks!

Originally Posted by sameerrao
RIP!

I'm really sorry but in a way I'm glad that your dad's suffering ended. It was painful for him and for your family to watch.

The road to recovery will be slow and painful. We are there for you if you need some comfort or re-assurance. Best of luck for University.
Yeah Im glad its over, its not nice to experience. Thanks Sameer!

Originally Posted by yg60m
All my condolence Rory I noticed your absence but I thought that you were in holidays. I am very sorry mate.

Rest in Peace.

Yann
No problem Yann, cheers!

I thank everyone whose supported me and my family in this very difficult time, like I said im glad its over now and we can move on. I myself by going to university. It won't be easy and I will have to work hard but we are going for it.

Only drawback is that I have a room there and there is no internet unfortanely, so please forgive me if the Video Vault isn't updated every day :cry:
Old 09-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #21
sentra_dude

R.I.P.

So sad to hear this, I think it makes us all realize how fleeting life can be, and that we must remember to enjoy the time we do get with loved ones...

I wish you the best at your new school, and congrats on the driving.

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 AM   #22
saadie
Regular User

Im really sorry dude :cry:

RIP
Old 09-02-2007, 01:59 PM   #23
gucom
Regular User

damm i totally missed this... i wondered wether ur absence had anything to do with ur dad, so sorry to hear he's gone...

Glad to hear that you're coping though, all the best at driebergen, some family members studied there and ended up very fine indeed
Old 09-02-2007, 04:39 PM   #24
bmagni
Regular User

I guess theres not to say. I'm really sorry to read this and if theres anything you need don't hesitate to ask.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:46 PM   #25
novass
Regular User

I just happened upon this thread and wanted to express my condolences. Sorry to hear about your loss, but as you, and others have said, at least he isn't suffering anymore. RIP

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:44 PM   #26
Zot09
Regular User

Just like Novass, I just found this thread.

I'm really sorry for your loss, I can't even imagine how much it must have hurt. At least he isn't in pain anymore, and is in a better place. I wish you, your family and friends the best.

Rest in Peace.