Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 05-26-2005, 05:26 AM   #1
Just_me
Regular User

Default Automotorsport: BMW M6

- You are completely wrong if you think the M6 is just an M5 in the guise of a 6 series. The M6 drives totally different.

- The shift speeds of the SMG vary between 600 ms and 65 ms depending on programe and revs.

- M6 accelerates from 0-100 km/h in 4,2 s and reaches 200 km/h in 13 s with Pirelli P Zero Corsa tyres.

- M6 has got more aggressive brakes compared to the M5 due to really nasty grabbing brake linings.

- M6 hardly leans to its sides in corners.

- Stiff suspension and loud brakes. Poor traction on wet surfaces.

- M6 hasn't got the well-balanced nature of the M5. It is more a thoroughbred racer.

0-100km/h in 4.2 sec
0-200km/h in 13.0 sec

Scans:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=54612
Old 05-26-2005, 05:36 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

That 4.2s 0-100 time is very impressive given the fact BMW claims it takes 4.6s
I can't wait to see one of these beasts in the flesh, have to wait till the end of the year before they arrive in Oz though
Old 05-26-2005, 07:15 AM   #3
inso
Regular User

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25585
same discussion also here.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 03:09 AM   #4
RAMMIUS
Regular User

ok man , that was funny , thats a Deutschland based magazine , i`am reading it for 10 years , and it`s biased towards BMW 110%
let me give you an advice , when they give times about a BMW`s acc , then you should put a big question mark and search for a italian , french , british magazine or us magazine for actual figures

Old 05-27-2005, 03:16 AM   #5
Ghostbat
Regular User

- M6 hasn't got the well-balanced nature of the M5. It is more a thoroughbred racer.
Thouroghbreads are not well balanced?

Impressive figures anyway..
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2005, 11:57 AM   #6
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
ok man , that was funny , thats a Deutschland based magazine , i`am reading it for 10 years , and it`s biased towards BMW 110%
let me give you an advice , when they give times about a BMW`s acc , then you should put a big question mark and search for a italian , french , british magazine or us magazine for actual figures

I read AMS as well, they baised towards Mercedes 120%. And if they are baised how come M5 lost against CLS55 when they drove them together? Not only that, BMW lost many comparisons against the competition. How can this happen if they are so baised towards BMW?

BTW Autozeitung got the time 13.2 sec up to 200km/h, I guess they are baised as well?
Old 05-31-2005, 02:26 PM   #7
RAMMIUS
Regular User

actually i`ve heard that beat the F2005
Old 05-31-2005, 08:52 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Pity the car is just a blob. I have seen a couple 645's here on the road and it does not look good from any angle.

It seems to be a "half thought out" design.

What a shame - as the old 6 series and 8 series ws muscular and good looking - the new 6 series looks like a big Acura.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2005, 01:59 AM   #9
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Pity the car is just a blob. I have seen a couple 645's here on the road and it does not look good from any angle.

What a shame - as the old 6 series and 8 series ws muscular and good looking - the new 6 series looks like a big Acura.
bla bla bla. I love it, do you have a problem with that?
Old 06-02-2005, 07:58 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me

blablabla you are a typical BMW fanboy... and I hate the car with a passion - it is slow, ugly and badly made - do you have a problem with that?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:16 AM   #11
styla21
Regular User

blablabla you are a typical BMW fanboy... and I hate the car with a passion - it is slow, ugly and badly made - do you have a problem with that?
Actually, RC, i do . I would consider myself a fan, and in my opinion this is a high-performance car. Could you please justify and define "slow" and "badly made". I have no problem with you calling the car ugly, as long as you also state it's your opinion . Otherwise, i disagree with 3 out of 3 things you just mentioned.
I find it humourous that you maintain the audacity throughout this discussion to suggest that your personal taste is definative of everyone elses. What's with your sweeping statements atm anyway - it's unlike what i've read of your posts?
Old 06-02-2005, 11:43 AM   #12
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by Just_me

If you're a MB fanboy so yes then I have a problem, do you have problem with that?
Old 06-03-2005, 02:22 AM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21
Actually, RC, i do . I would consider myself a fan, and in my opinion this is a high-performance car. Could you please justify and define "slow" and "badly made". I have no problem with you calling the car ugly, as long as you also state it's your opinion . Otherwise, i disagree with 3 out of 3 things you just mentioned.
I find it humourous that you maintain the audacity throughout this discussion to suggest that your personal taste is definative of everyone elses. What's with your sweeping statements atm anyway - it's unlike what i've read of your posts?
I just cannot come to grips with the Bangle-Bang-Bus family look.

I cannot get past the looks.... I admire and enjoy the new M5 specs and performance... but HATE the things ugly looks.

For this reason all opinion re the M5 and M6 are blurred by how ugly the cars are
Old 06-03-2005, 04:28 AM   #14
Just_me
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21
I just cannot come to grips with the Bangle-Bang-Bus family look.

I cannot get past the looks.... I admire and enjoy the new M5 specs and performance... but HATE the things ugly looks.

For this reason all opinion re the M5 and M6 are blurred by how ugly the cars are
Design is all about personal preferences, some like it, some dont. If you dont like that is alright, its also alright for those who like it....
Old 06-03-2005, 04:48 AM   #15
inso
Regular User

I think the E60 will look fresh when the competition will look dated, giving a longer sell-before-date for the model. Letīs face it basemodel needs only wheels to look pimpinī. I like the car, it needed some growing in to do, but like i said before makes others look dated in comparison. 7-series still looks strange, but it was the model to introduce the new face of the model range. And it did soften the blow from models to come. Anyway i think all of us know your opinion about them by now, RC45. If you dont like sure, donīt like it, but i guess we donīt start to hate it anyway, so your effort is wasted on us
inso is offline   Reply With Quote