Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 02-03-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
tforth
Regular User

Default VW and the 'Dark Side'

tforth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #2
Minacious
Regular User

Loved it.
Old 02-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #3
enzoferrari
Regular User

hilarious!
Old 02-06-2011, 05:51 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

Funny commerical.. but....

I have to comment on how many 'hobbyist first' features are now SELLING points for new cars.

When I wanted to put a "Starter Button" in my car I was told 'Duh - how stupid and rice... do you think you drive a race car?' - then there was my friend that showed of his "Remote Start' on his truck years agai as people looke don and said "Wow - how redneck and ricer" - then there was that Vietnamese friend of ours with his 2 flip down screens in his SUV.

And then there was the co-worker with the backup camera and screen in his car abotu 10 years back. Folks made fun of him. And not to mention the gafawws of ridicule when he put together an LED tailight setup.

Now every single suburbanite is clamouring to drive an pushbutton start, LED taillighted, backup camera configured, remote-starting, flip-down screen econo-box of boredom...

Either we where decades ahead of the curve or the entire automotive world has gone to shit...
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #5
tforth
Regular User

I just thought that the commercial was funny .
Old 02-07-2011, 03:13 AM   #6
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by tforth View Post
I just thought that the commercial was funny .
Oh - it is funny, but only because "remote starters" are now cool
Old 02-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #7
tforth
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
Oh - it is funny, but only because "remote starters" are now cool
I bought a remote start for my wife back in '93, from my buddy who still has the same car/home audio shop. Over the years, he has told me about all the add-ons he has sold, and how many of them end up in some form or another offered by the OEs.

All that being said, having gone through many high-end stereos in cars past, I never had one that sounded great across a bunch of reference CDs. The best OE systems, seem to get much closer. I guess they are able to integrate whatever techbit into the vehicle 'system' which makes it seem more seemless imo. This is a generalization of course .
Old 02-08-2011, 02:46 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Ok,, the commercial was slightly funny, but FFS man, now the media are showcasing this punk kid everywhere as if he and his mother are Jesus and Mary incarnate.

There is no real actng talent involved and the commercial is mediocre at best.

We have to endure this "commercial" and the kid on every bloody channel - even news shows cant resist having him on.

The entire world as we know it is crumbling in mayhem and riots yet the bloody news media just shows some kid and aVW?

The world is truly fucked
Old 02-08-2011, 05:26 PM   #9
Minacious
Regular User

Damnit, you will love all things Star Wars. All things!!

Now when are we racing? lol
Old 02-08-2011, 05:36 PM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Damnit, you will love all things Star Wars. All things!!

Now when are we racing? lol
Now it turns out this little punk has never even seen Star Wars.... I guess he has already been cast as the next Justin Bleeder/Beeper/Beeber/whatever by the media circus.

Race we shall soon enough young Jedi...
Old 02-08-2011, 06:48 PM   #11
Minacious
Regular User

Yeah, I know nothing of the kid. Couldn't care less about him really. Have no idea why anyone should.
Still love the commercial and the emotions the little tyke displayed without words or a facial expression.
Beyond that, nope, no care at all.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:06 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by Minacious View Post
Yeah, I know nothing of the kid. Couldn't care less about him really. Have no idea why anyone should.
Still love the commercial and the emotions the little tyke displayed without words or a facial expression.
Beyond that, nope, no care at all.
http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethe...star-wars.html

Generally, acting in commercials doesn't breed much notoriety or fame... unless you're lucky enough to land a coveted Super Bowl spot. Six-year-old Max Page is the star of the Volkswagen "Darth Vader" commercial we all loved so much. He didn't even show his face in the commercial, but by Monday morning, he'd already been interviewed by The Today Show. Not bad, kid!

Little Max didn't have a whole lot to say about his commercial debuting in front of 100 million people, but he was happy to help Meredith Viera lower the window screen -- using the force, of course.

Adorable Max, when asked about his previous commercial experience, said, "I've done other commercials. A band-aid and, uh... I can't remember." Don't you just want to pinch his cheeks like an annoying old aunt?

Max has also done a Walgreens commercial and had a role on "The Young and The Restless," which had people asking him for his autograph... but he's never seen any of the "Star Wars" movies.

He's quite a survivor - Max was born with a congenital heart defect and has a pacemaker. "I'm okay," he says.

His Darth Vader commercial has over 15 million views on YouTube alone - not counting the folks who watched it at home or on other video-sharing platforms.

So what have Max's friends said about his new gig? "They've said a lot. Some friends said they can't see it but they wish they could."

Watch the commercial again below!
This has 'Movie of the Week" all over it - maybe evena "reality show" spinoff.