Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
acmarttin
Regular User

Default Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

So...a little late on the bus, I know. But I didn't see a topic for this game, so I had to create one.

BECAUSE IT IS F***ING GOOD.

Yeah, it has it's rough edges. Certain aspects aren't as well polished....I'll cover that in the spoiler section so I don't ruin it for those of you who haven't played it yet.

But if you haven't played it yet, and you have a 360, get it. Honestly, it's a buy. AT LEAST a rent.

The gameplay is tight, and although it seems like a straight up shooter it is actually pretty diverse as far as the list of tasks the game asks you to perform.

The solid control scheme from the past Call of Duty's is preserved but the gameplay is much better. The AI is better at attacking YOU (for a change) and the overall sense of being a part of a team is much, much stronger in this game.

Now...

*****SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SECTION****************

I was a little disappointed that certain details weren't touched up in a game that shines like a diamond in a category of video games (First Person Shooters) that has been so f'n saturated that, while playing Halo 3, you start to wonder when FPS's will take the next step to actually surprise gamers and mystify us all over again.

Like when you're in the perspective of the kidnapped President and you're in the back seat of the Mercedes, there is so much going on and there is so much to take in....but the gauges on the dashboard don't move.

But that's a little nit-picky....

***end of spoilers.

I might have to re-subscribe to Live for this one...