Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 09-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default New Top Gear series 13th Nov!!

Yup not long to wait really, sadly after 11 episodes in series 6 rumour is there will only be 6 episodes + some best of episodes in series 7.Adds up about right if they are finishing the series before xmas. So some good and bad news I guess
Old 09-07-2005, 12:36 PM   #2
5vz-fe
Regular User

That's the week when Clarkson's video will be released.....
Old 09-07-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
Anonymous

Originally Posted by 5vz-fe
That's the week when Clarkson's video will be released.....
ahahhaha yeh dvd's always come out mondays!! watch out for the shameless plugs!!, i noticed its up for preorder on the bbc's shop, unusual that they would do that for what is a commericial product of clarksons. I guess they are something to do with the publishers/ production company
Old 09-07-2005, 01:26 PM   #4
Toronto
Regular User

only 6 eps? what why all the filler?
Old 09-07-2005, 01:37 PM   #5
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Toronto
only 6 eps? what why all the filler?
well think about it, jeremy makes top gear, i'm sorry but without him it was pretty poor, james and richard can't do it on their own really, jeremy is just jeremy! His back is fucked so we have very few reviews by him, potentially AMV8 and any others held over from last series. The rest i guess they have to film and edit in a couple of months. I know it sucks but its pretty smart IMO, then perhaps jeremy will be fit to drive for the next series. James and richard are alright in their own right, but the show loses alot IMO if jeremy can't do reviews
Old 09-07-2005, 01:44 PM   #6
antonioledesma
Regular User

damn... only 6 episodes if they end the series by xmas.
1st episode on nov 13, 2nd on nov 20, 3rd on nov 27, 4th on dec 4, 5th on dec 11, 6th on dec 18....
and December 25th is on sunday and I don't think they're gonna air a TG episode
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:50 PM   #7
Anonymous

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
damn... only 6 episodes if they end the series by xmas.
1st episode on nov 13, 2nd on nov 20, 3rd on nov 27, 4th on dec 4, 5th on dec 11, 6th on dec 18....
and December 25th is on sunday and I don't think they're gonna air a TG episode
as far as i remember they aired an ep boxing day last year, atleast i think so, my memory of last xmas is quite hazy
Old 09-07-2005, 01:53 PM   #8
antonioledesma
Regular User

then the best of TG special episode will be aired january 1st. I'll be on alcoholic IC that day
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 01:55 PM   #9
gucom
Regular User

shame of JC's back i hope he gets better soon to make some more great fun TG episodes ah well from what ive seen in hte preview these 6 eps will be lots of fun too
Old 09-07-2005, 04:55 PM   #10
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Thats a bit of a shock.... only 6 episodes???

I have a feeling that its also cause they don't really have any spectacular cars to drive either. I mean, just look at the spring season... other than the CLS, F430, DB9 and a few more, all the episodes were filled with interesting/funny activities, such as the Panda vs. marathon runner, Hammond and May driving drunk people around, etc..., but gives the destinct impression that the producers were running out of ideas for the program...
Old 09-07-2005, 04:58 PM   #11
5vz-fe
Regular User

Please BBC, let Sabine to subsitute for Clarkson ....just one season would do.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:03 PM   #12
Anonymous

seen her on that aston dvd that was free with top gear mag?? worse than brundle she was alright in her natural habitat of the ring for the transit feature but as a reviewer i doubt she could cut it. Anyway i do think the only real reason this is so short is they are hoping for JC to recover enough to film in the new year for the spring series, who knows what they'll do if he doesn't :bah:
Old 09-08-2005, 03:34 AM   #13
SPEED_DEMON82
Regular User

Real sad indeed that TG will have only 6 episodes ..... as it is the episodes that BBC airs in India are way long delayed and are just 30 mins .... and the timings are odd too past midnight. Well its good tat if they have some good cars waiting to be reviewed, its best to wait for JC o recover and review them rather than hand them over to Hammond & May. I mean look at what a mess Hammond made of the Murcielago Roadster review....... i felt that was one of the shabbiest reviews off late on TG and that too for such an awesome car. JC get well soon!
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 05:55 PM   #14
chest3r
Regular User

I hope those 6 episodes could be enough to review the hottest cars of the moment, like the M6, the AMV8, etc....

Maybe the next series will be like the Clarkson's DVDs. Interesting from the beggining till the end. Without any boring moments....

I can't wait for more action....

Good luck to Clarkson. TG without him is the same shit as the other TVshows :x
Old 09-09-2005, 10:26 PM   #15
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
seen her on that aston dvd that was free with top gear mag?? worse than brundle she was alright in her natural habitat of the ring for the transit feature but as a reviewer i doubt she could cut it. Anyway i do think the only real reason this is so short is they are hoping for JC to recover enough to film in the new year for the spring series, who knows what they'll do if he doesn't :bah:
Yeah, I did not think she is all that great. No doubt she is an excellent driver and all, but I am not sure if she could fill in as a reviewer.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote