Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 10-10-2005, 11:30 AM   #1
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Default Can someone please help me ?

Hi,

Can someone help me please ? on the bottom of my post is a link of a site that is renting cars like Lambo's, Porsche's, Ferrari's,... My question is: They're going in november to spa, but do they mean with this offer you can drive those cars yourself or to be a passenger while they do some laps on track. Here are the links:

http://www.legendcar.com/stages.html
^^ Some info about the stages ( click on the link 'Circuit Spa Francorchamps' )

Thanks in advance , Mopsdrops
Old 10-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

You drive, with an instructor beside you
Old 10-10-2005, 12:30 PM   #3
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
You drive, with an instructor beside you
Thanks for the info TT, now me and my dad might have something to do in november
Old 10-10-2005, 01:37 PM   #4
Wutputt
Regular User

I don't really want to disappoint you but I've seen those cars of Legend Car being driven at Zolder a few years ago (they had the Murcié, 360, 996TT back then doing a few laps). Though it is super cool to be able to drive them, they are all driving after each other and at a pretty slow speed. A friend of mine has done this at Spa and he confirmed it. He really loved the fact to be behind the wheel of such cars. But he was annoyed by the fact you have to follow each other, in which the first car sets the pace for all other cars. In his case during one session, someone was driving the first car really slowly around the track (even slow for public roads: not pushing on the straights not to mention the really slow speeds in the turns). Spa maybe not an easy track to drive on, but there are quite a lot of sections where you can reach high speeds and a lot of fun without going to the limit.

But I also have to say he did this three times; twice on public roads, and once at Spa. He liked the public road drives the most (on the track he was always blocked by a slow driving car in front of him he had to follow). The fact he did the drives on the road twice, says enough. He really liked it. You also have to follow each other, but due to traffic, this rule can't be maintained strictly so gaps arise and some nice driving can occur

So basically just for the thrills of being behind the wheel of some amazing Italian exotics and German high performance sports car, this really is a good formula to go for (for both track sessions and public road sessions). But if you're looking for the thrills of revving these cars to the limiter, flooring them on the straights and attacking the corners with acceptable speeds, you will be disappointed.

I would suggest going for the public road tours. You can spend about 1 hour driving (20 min per car) instead of only 2 laps per car on the track (ok if you drive really slowly it can take long, but that's not fun). And you have a lot more fun driving them on the roads, cause you get more thrills.

If you want some more info just ask me
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Originally Posted by Wutputt
I don't really want to disappoint you but I've seen those cars of Legend Car being driven at Zolder a few years ago (they had the Murcié, 360, 996TT back then doing a few laps). Though it is super cool to be able to drive them, they are all driving after each other and at a pretty slow speed. A friend of mine has done this at Spa and he confirmed it. He really loved the fact to be behind the wheel of such cars. But he was annoyed by the fact you have to follow each other, in which the first car sets the pace for all other cars. In his case during one session, someone was driving the first car really slowly around the track (even slow for public roads: not pushing on the straights not to mention the really slow speeds in the turns). Spa maybe not an easy track to drive on, but there are quite a lot of sections where you can reach high speeds and a lot of fun without going to the limit.

But I also have to say he did this three times; twice on public roads, and once at Spa. He liked the public road drives the most (on the track he was always blocked by a slow driving car in front of him he had to follow). The fact he did the drives on the road twice, says enough. He really liked it. You also have to follow each other, but due to traffic, this rule can't be maintained strictly so gaps arise and some nice driving can occur

So basically just for the thrills of being behind the wheel of some amazing Italian exotics and German high performance sports car, this really is a good formula to go for (for both track sessions and public road sessions). But if you're looking for the thrills of revving these cars to the limiter, flooring them on the straights and attacking the corners with acceptable speeds, you will be disappointed.

I would suggest going for the public road tours. You can spend about 1 hour driving (20 min per car) instead of only 2 laps per car on the track (ok if you drive really slowly it can take long, but that's not fun). And you have a lot more fun driving them on the roads, cause you get more thrills.

If you want some more info just ask me
!!! thanks for the info wutputt !! You saved me 400€ Thanks very much. Do you know any other good company that rents ferrari's or lambo's in belgium or near the border in Germany ? I only know www.ferrarirent.com and www.special-cars.de , special-cars looked the best but they're around 600 km's away from here Thanks
Old 10-14-2005, 01:06 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

^^^
If you just want to rent a Ferrari Lambo or Aston Martin, you can also go to Dockx, the car & truck rental company: http://www.dockx.be/nl/sport_wagens_cabrios_nl.html Though if you rent it for a day it's rather expensive. Maybe you can arrange something for half a day?

On the other hand, if you want to give your dad a present in which he can drive more than one exotic, the road drives of Legend Car are interesting. They always start at Waterloo (not thát far frome where you live). The next one is this weekend, but you'll be too late for that one The 10th and 11th december, there will also be one. On their website you click on 'stages & planning' and than 'stages route'
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote