Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-27-2005, 08:56 AM   #1
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Default Renting a Ferrari ...

Hi,

I want to rent a Ferrari this summer, and I'm looking for some reasonable rents. So I'll tape the ride also for JW But does someone know where you can get a ride in a Ferrari, in the Benelux ? or possible Germany, but not to far away from Belgium. Sites or more info about it are welcome.

THX in advance
Old 06-27-2005, 09:08 AM   #2
Shinigami
Regular User

Check out www.elite.ch. They have offices in several countries, not just Switzerland (it IS a Swiss company tho').

I've been thinking of renting a 360 or 430, but it's like 1000 euro or more per day, a bit steep. I might do it if I can find a few friends who I can let them 'try' the car for 15 minutes for a hundred francs or something like that, just so that they can say that they've done it

Oh well, I can keep dreaming, can I
Old 06-27-2005, 09:54 AM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Shinri_Shiogami
Check out www.elite.ch. They have offices in several countries, not just Switzerland (it IS a Swiss company tho').

I've been thinking of renting a 360 or 430, but it's like 1000 euro or more per day, a bit steep. I might do it if I can find a few friends who I can let them 'try' the car for 15 minutes for a hundred francs or something like that, just so that they can say that they've done it

Oh well, I can keep dreaming, can I
Callen and myself are renting a 360 spyder on July 9th... pooled with 3 other people, just 200$ canadien

good luck, the tough part i hear is the $2500 renters insurance deposit (you get it back when the car comes back)
Old 06-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #4
dingo
Regular User

^ I'm suprised they are renting a Ferrari to 22 year olds? Here you have to be 25yo just to get a Boxster or Z4, and at least 30yo for a Ferrari.
Old 06-27-2005, 10:42 AM   #5
Daggernite
Regular User

I was looking around on internet to see how much renting a sports car would cost, and personally, at least in uk, its a rip off. You dont just rent the car, but the miles you want to do aswell.

For the latest cars like the sagaris, if you go over your agreed number of miles, its £2 for every mile over you go. I know there exspensive cars your getting but it is too much.

Oh and you had to be 25years of age to rent the cars.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 12:32 PM   #6
Shinigami
Regular User

It's true that at least over here from the rental link I gave, you need to be 30 to rent the 'exceptional cars'. I just turned 28...

And it's also true that you need to place a deposit (usually one or two CC's that have a spending limit of 10k swiss francs or so).

But those things never really stop anyone, just get someone else to cosign. I rented a Porsche Targa with a friend about 3 or 4 years ago, and we had a lot of fun with it. Of course, it was also a pretty expensive care, but at least Elite gives you 250km's per day with the car (or something like that) so it's not all too bad.

But at the cost that a proper Ferrari/Lambo goes for, it's not all that soon that I'll be renting one :p Maybe if I'm bored and I hit 30, I'll go rent one for the fun of it... (but I've also got plans to own one, one day, so maybe I'll save the money for the 'real deal'... *sigh* )
Old 06-27-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

Yeah, most you have to be at least 25, if not 30 to rent exotics...
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 01:22 PM   #8
callen
Regular User

Hey guys, actually nthfinity and I are going to be driving a F355 Spider F1...since it seems the 360 is too popluar and we will never get our hands on it in a reasoable timeframe. The reason we can is cause the person who works for the rental company is going to be a passanger at all times in the car..this makes insurance a little different, since we dont have to be insured since we are not 'alone' in the car. This guy is slow as fucking molasses tho and I have yet to confirm July 9th yet! dropped him another email today saying lets fuckin get on this shit its just two weeks away now... so lets hope by mid week I have some very very very good news for Isaac and I, as well as the rest of JW in the form of vids and photos in a few weeks time! btw the 355 is $150 for an hour...a goddamn steal of a deal IMO (for one full hour)
Old 06-27-2005, 02:00 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
Hey guys, actually nthfinity and I are going to be driving a F355 Spider F1...since it seems the 360 is too popluar and we will never get our hands on it in a reasoable timeframe. The reason we can is cause the person who works for the rental company is going to be a passanger at all times in the car..this makes insurance a little different, since we dont have to be insured since we are not 'alone' in the car. This guy is slow as fucking molasses tho and I have yet to confirm July 9th yet! dropped him another email today saying lets fuckin get on this shit its just two weeks away now... so lets hope by mid week I have some very very very good news for Isaac and I, as well as the rest of JW in the form of vids and photos in a few weeks time! btw the 355 is $150 for an hour...a goddamn steal of a deal IMO (for one full hour)
the 355 that really makes me even happier!!!! and cheaper is even better too! by hook, or by crook, i'll be there ( and front extra $$ if for some reason a body backs out)
Old 06-27-2005, 02:15 PM   #10
Wutputt
Regular User

In Be, you have www.Dockx.be (if I'm correct you can also rent some exotics that aren't on there site). You have also www.FerrariRent.com. There used to be www.formula-exclusiva.be but I don't think they exist anymore.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #11
callen
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
the 355 that really makes me even happier!!!! and cheaper is even better too! by hook, or by crook, i'll be there ( and front extra $$ if for some reason a body backs out)
Ya I like the fact that the 355 is cheaper, but I prefer the looks of the 360. My worry is the F1 tranny in the 355 will be less than stellar, but I have read the reviews and I hope a little let off the throttle will cure those clunky upchanges...lets hope this guy gets back to us soon, my patience wear thin when a ride in my dream cars are not confirmed in nearly 2 months time!
Old 06-27-2005, 06:09 PM   #12
TT
Regular User

For the records, here you need to be 25 yo, it costs around 600 to 800 EUR for a Modena or a Spider and the deposit is usualyl 3 times as big as the cost. For that amount you have the car 24 hours and 250 km I think
Old 06-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #13
Shinigami
Regular User

TT: which place are you talking about? A place in Lausanne? For 600-800 euro, it's almost 500 euro cheaper then at Elite (and thus, a lot more interesting for me).
Old 06-28-2005, 02:31 PM   #14
TT
Regular User

Uhm, I was referring to the place at the railway station and also the one that had a small (VERY small), showroom near Av de Provence.

It was a while when I checked last time, but I am sure the Modena usually is 1000 CHF in those places (Murcielago is 3000)

edit: hell, I just checked out the one near the reailway station (aloc-cars.ch) and the Modena is 2000 CHF now! weird because the Murci is still at 3300 while the Gallardo is at 2200. When the Gallardo first hit the rentals I am sure it was something like: Modena 1000, Gallardo almost 2000 and Murci slightly less than 3000
Old 06-28-2005, 03:40 PM   #15
Mopsdrops
Regular User

okay, I sended an email to get a ride in a F355 Spider and 360 Modena, each for one hour, at ferrarirent.com . Costs a total of 400€. thanks for the effort, guys