Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari > Ferrari Pictures and Videos

Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 AM   #16
blue8
Regular User

The crash was painful to watch... anyway it got enough buzz from the media that 'Enzo Ferrari' is one of today's top searches at Yahoo! At least it spiked enough interest in the car (not Griffin)

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:50 AM   #17
Stoopie
Regular User

Location: United Provinces of the Kingdom of Great Netherlands

one word: stupid.
Stoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 07:08 PM   #18
graywolf624
Regular User

YEah even my mom asked me if I saw this video. Where was this type of coverage the last time an enzo was wrecked.. Would have been a great marketing promo if theyd painted an add on the side of the car.. Cheaper then the superbowl with a larger audience.. hmmmm..
Old 03-30-2007, 01:19 AM   #19
blue8
Regular User

From Yahoo! Buzz:
A Car Worth Wrecking?

In the annals of movie promotion, no publicity stunt is too over-the-top. Borat attempted to enter the White House with a camera crew to plug his eponymous flick, Steve-O urinated on the red carpet at the "Jackass 2" premiere, and Tom Cruise glibly went bananas during his promotional tour for "Mission Impossible 3." But is the destruction of a priceless automobile worth a bump in grosses? The promotional push for the soon-to-be-released "Redline" put Eddie Griffin's acting abilities to the test.

When Griffin rammed an Enzo Ferrari worth $1.5 million into a wall during a promo event for "Redline," he also smashed square into the Search box. Queries on the reckless thespian jumped from zero into the thousands and he also managed to cause search spikes on "eddie griffin car crash," "eddie griffin ferrari video," and "eddie griffin movies." That last query is of paramount importance, because Griffin's big bummer boosted interest on his latest cinematic achievement.

Gossip blogs are speculating that his calamity was a coldly calculated maneuver designed to drive searches on "Redline." The standard fast-cars-fast-girls flick was crawling along in the slow lane of Buzz, but Griffin's accident caused searches on the film to burn rubber. Buzz on the movie doubled immediately and we're sure the mangled Ferrari will be a hot topic as the film gasses up for an April 13 release. We've also seen increased interest in "redline trailer," "redline cars," and "redline soundtrack"—proof positive that the Enzo imbroglio paid off handsomely in Buzz.

Was it a planned stunt? We'll leave that for you to decide, but the true test will take place at the box office. If Griffin's wreck pays off, we're sure the producers will forgive him...

-- I'd prefer to think of this as an accident because if this 'stunt' were really calculated, that would be shameful

Old 03-30-2007, 01:25 AM   #20
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by blue8
-- I'd prefer to think of this as an accident because if this 'stunt' were really calculated, that would be shameful
In the pursuit of the almighty dollar, nothing is too shameful - just ask the Russian or Mexican or Colombian mafia..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:32 AM   #21
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Originally Posted by blue8
In the pursuit of the almighty dollar, nothing is too shameful - just ask the Russian or Mexican or Colombian mafia..
no need to ask other countries... ask the US about wars
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 02:57 AM   #22
acmarttin
Regular User

Soooooo.....back to the Enzo.

Now that I think about it - it's totally a stunt.

I've always disliked Eddie Griffin, now I hate him.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:47 AM   #23
graywolf624
Regular User

Man.. I was just joking..
Old 04-11-2007, 02:59 PM   #24
blue8
Regular User

I know this topic is really old but here's an update anyway...

You all remember Eddie Griffin, the celebrity gent who recently hopped in a borrowed Enzo and decided to test his theories on speed vs. coefficient of friction, vector change, and impact absorption? Well, like a proud papa whose kid blows up the chemistry class but gets on the front page of the local paper, the team behind his new movie, Redline, has decided to share the results of Eddie's physics experiment with the public: the And-There-Went-Another-Enzo is on display at Graumans' Chinese Theatre in Hollywood in advance of the movie's Thursday premiere.
It is entirely possible that Griffin was trying to show people at the Irwindale Speedway a scene from the film, which, based on the trailer, looks like 90210-meets-the-Gumball-Rally-meets-demolition-derby. Apparently people who go to movies bursting with multimillion dollar machines want to see them run into every solid object possible. A movie spokesperson, who said the car would be lying "in state," added that "Surrounding the car, in tribute, will be several high-profile sports cars as well as floral, candle and tribute displays to the car. It'll be a very special memorial service."
Oh Enzo, we hardly knew ye.

Old 04-11-2007, 03:19 PM   #25
TopGearNL
Regular User

looks like 90210-meets-the-Gumball-Rally-meets-demolition-derby.
Yeah it would be

But overall this is just sad, Eddie f*cked up, thats all theres to it..
Old 04-16-2007, 05:34 AM   #26
fsandys
Regular User

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..3.*

WHY did Ferrari sell one to this guy?

:x
Old 04-17-2007, 02:54 PM   #27
silentm
Regular User

had I known that that was going to get that kind of publicity I would have done a much better job of wrecking it.
that's it this guy is a complete moron he has absolutely no respect for his cars, and doesn't deserve them :x what an asshole :bad-words:
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote