Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-17-2006, 05:26 AM   #16
MartijnGizmo
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
^ the 200hp GTI uses the same 4-pot engine.........

And I personally would go for it rather than this new Leon - never likes the new design... too bland
Later this year there's supposed to come a 240hp GTI. And I think we'll also see it in the new TT.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:13 AM   #17
fsandys
Regular User

Where is this car being released? Asfar as I know, here in the UK there is no Cupra anymore and it's been replaced by the FR.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:17 AM   #18
fsandys
Regular User

Originally Posted by TopGearNL
Like Jeremy Clarkson said about the Vauxhall Astra VXR (240BHP): '' Putting this much power in a FWD car has a name. Its called the choas theory!''
Whilst this is a fair comment, I am dubious that simply 10hp less or whatever the Focus ST has can be sooooo different. I'd like to test drive them both and decide for myself although I can't see it being anything othe than the VXR for me.

As for the Leon, looks at the front not as good as the last one but I'd still be considering it. It'll be interesting to hear some road tests.
fsandys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 11:52 AM   #19
Global Warming
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by MartijnGizmo
Later this year there's supposed to come a 240hp GTI. And I think we'll also see it in the new TT.
Well - they (Audi) did the same with the 210hp S3 'upgrading' it to 225hp (Seat did the same with the old Cupra R) - these engines are quite easy to tune - so was the previous 1.8T... but already offering the 3.2 V6 AWD with barely the same amount of power doesn't make sense to me

May be a 300hp R36 is in the works.........
240HP is not that much in a car that weighs over 3,000LBS. The 210hp RSX-S that weighs 2,800 would be basically the same 0-60 etc. So no big deal, they should have had 240 in a car that heavy a long time ago.