Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 01-02-2004, 12:32 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="Ivanhoe"]

everso, bad luck? i think not. when i read the article i pissed my pants from laughter (not literally). it is soo typical of a ferrari. quote]

Is that why the 550 engine is being praised as the best production engine in the world? Is that why Prodrive won GTS in Le Mans last year? Is it because it's typic of Ferrari to break down?

I just wish Jabba would come in here and list all the times his 355s engine broke.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 12:35 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

[quote="Ivanhoe"]the cgt finds a way to make even the interior luxurious for god's sakequote]

Answer this question. Are Formula 1 interiors luxurious?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 02:20 PM   #18
HoboPie
Regular User

Yeah, the Enzo's interior is not the most luxurious for sure, but it isn't all weight savings.

The car is designed quite a bit to look that way. I'm not saying it is my preferred interior, but it is quite styled. I assume it is what some people want in their cars for that racing car feel.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:56 AM   #19
Ivanhoe
Regular User

sfdmalex, you are naming events that happened truly. but (for example), just cuz prodrive and etc won and stuff doesnt mean ferrari's dont beak down... your naming ONE time it won. ONE car. just cuz a crybaby doesnt cry for one day doesnt mean hes not a crybaby. ferrari spends an absolute fortune on f1, if they did break down like BAR (which is not funded as well) it would be dissapointing. but with their current spendings it is no surprise. and theres a saying (not exactly this but used similarly) its not the car its the driver, michael schumacher is an amazing driver which is one of the main reasons why they win so much. as for the comments on the f1 interiors that had nothing to do with my cgt interior comment. i was saying that car that is able to go that fast, incredibly has a luxorious interior whereas the enzo does not. hobopie said that its not all weight savings but i dont think the enzo has ac or radio. what is also amazing is that porsche isnt owned by another company whereas ferrari is.
Old 01-03-2004, 02:13 AM   #20
HoboPie
Regular User

Ok, we can argue the merits of the cars if we want, but lets not turn this into another Porsche vs Ferrari. I know you aren't the only one to say anything about it Ivanhoe, but the last little sentence has nothing to do with Ferrari or Porsche interior or even the other merits of the cars.

Also, the Enzo does have AC, but no radio. That is part of weight savings, but it is more the statement than the actual weight. To some people that appeals, even Porsche suggest you don't take the luxurious options(radio etc...), but they know some people will want it. The manual tranny? They did that because couldn't develop their proprietary semi auto in time.

It was also embarassing that the Enzo broke down, but I mean the GT2 broke down in the Top Gear review. It was just while driving not during a crazy track run.

Ferrari is currently able to survive by being owned and building the cars they want to build. Porsche is surviving on their own, but to do that they have to start building cars they don't really want to.

I'm not going to say one is better than the other, but really who can. Now it is easy to have a preference, but you it is simply that. Ferrari and Porsche aren't really making any mistakes here. The breakdowns will happen, but for the most part Ferrari built the car they wanted and Porsche the one they wanted.