Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 10-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #1
LotusGT1
Regular User

Default Blitz Lamborghini Diablo Bi-Turbo ~ 1.200 HP

Lamborghini Diablo Bi-Turbo

Supercars don't get more flamboyant than the Diablo. It's big, wide and sports a 530 HP 5.7 L V12. In fact this engine is one of the most emotional sounding V12s in existence! So it would be hard to understand why a car of this stature would not be enough to satisfy the needs of the most demanding drivers. Enter Mr. Kondou and his 1999 Lamborghini Diablo SV.

A beautiful example finished off in a fine metallic silver which is contrasted with the matte-black Neez magnesium racing wheels. You might already see a few little bits and pieces that are not standard fit, but hey this is Japan and people have always liked to personalize their cars. Step into the interior and again a there are a few little touches here and there...

You might spot the Motec dash logger which hints at a top of the line management system, understandable to want a bit more processing power in such a car.

Step around the back of the Diablo and you notice the engine cover is made of glossy carbon fiber...but wait, what is that under there?

Holy Mother of ....!!! What the hell happened here??

Yes ladies and gentleman your eyes have not failed you, this is indeed a twin-turbo-charged 5.7 L V12 Diablo SV! Feast your eyes on what is one of the most impressive engine conversions I have ever seen. Unlike bolting on ready-made, easy to fit bits & pieces like a lot of tuners do [playing Lego as I like to refer to it ] everything you see here has been designed and built for this particular car, all custom. The massive KKK K27 turbine and Blitz wastegates have found a home behind the massive V12 where they compress the air up to 1.2 Bar and feed the twin top-mounted intercoolers, again all custom built. This engine bay is something you just can't stop looking at...

This thing puts out 1,187 HP at the rear wheels and a tractor rivaling (it is a Lambo after all!) 128.8 kg/m(940.2 lb.-ft). For those of you that can't get their heads around the modern metric system that is 931 pounds for every one of those "feet" you still use

Out on the road this thing is savage. I thought highly tuned GT-Rs were fast but this thing is just ridiculous. It can pull 368 km/h (230mph) flat out and there is plenty left as it bounces off the limiter in 5th. More power is on the cards too with a slight increase of boost and a few more tweaks Mr. Kondou is shooting for 1,400 HP and 136 kg/m(992.8 lb.-ft). Crazy!

LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:13 AM   #2
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Christ that's just incredible. The engine bay looks superb too
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 05:59 AM   #3
hamlet
Regular User

:shock: :faint:

this is just the most amazing and the nicest engine modification I have never seen !!

The quality of the work is just :shock:

But just one question comes to my mind: is there no pb to transmit this huge amount of power to the rear wheels? This was by the way the main problem that the people from Bugatti had to solve for the veyron which had only 1000Nm of torque, this one has 1300Nm !! (if I am not wrong in the metric conversion...)

But what I like is that they keep the outside looking of the car and did not add too much fancy and flashy things... a very very nice car.
Old 10-18-2005, 06:14 AM   #4
Shinigami
Regular User

I wonder what transmission they put in that thing, and how long the clutch lasts?
Old 10-18-2005, 07:46 AM   #5
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Now that`s a supercar on steroids
although I`am not a huge fan of tuned lambo`s this is just :shock:

and indeed that engine mods are a truly amazing :shock:
Old 10-18-2005, 07:52 AM   #6
RAMMIUS
Regular User

engine details :

http://www.forum-auto.com/sqlforum/s...ujet159228.htm :shock:
Old 10-18-2005, 08:04 AM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

understatement pure !

awesome car...
Thanks LotusGT1 and RAMMIUS for the infos

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:33 PM   #8
BULLISH ONE
Regular User

Ok. I'm jealous. I would be tempted to turbo my Murcie. Any suggestions by anyone?
BULLISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 08:38 PM   #9
Anonymous

Originally Posted by BULLISH ONE
Ok. I'm jealous. I would be tempted to turbo my Murcie. Any suggestions by anyone?
http://motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=8593

Sorry to be a bit harsh but really here it is pics or STFU, caused by to many lambo owning 12yr olds in the past hope you understand. and welcome :hello:
Old 10-24-2005, 09:17 PM   #10
jasc
Regular User

Bullish One, how ironic is it that "ish" is a euphemism for shit, too?
Old 10-24-2005, 11:02 PM   #11
BULLISH ONE
Regular User

Originally Posted by jasc
Originally Posted by jasc
Thanks for the warm welcome. Anyway the Bi-Turbo Diablo got me a bit excited to say the least. Thanks for the 411 on the posting protocol around here. For the record I'm for real. I can appreciate that people dont want to have their time wasted by BS posts. Especially when you could be doing something valuable with it like STUDYING!
BULLISH ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:58 PM   #12
sentra_dude

Holy crap, that's amazing...I wonder what kind of clutch is in that beast, and how the transimssion is taking that kind of torque...:shock: Sweet! 8)

------------
1992 Toyota Celica GT 5spd, intake.
sentra_dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 AM   #13
Banchi105
Regular User

OMFG

That thing is absolutely beautiful!

The diablo always was my ultamite exotic car and this one is done incredibly.

I can't image what it would be like putting 1200hp down though. Especially mid-engine RWD. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I also wonder what kind of clutch is in this beast. I was pretty sure standard diablo clutches were only good for 10-15k miles as it is.

Either way, absolutely incredible - thanks for sharing!
Banchi105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 12:32 AM   #14
SilviaEvo
Regular User

wow! is all i have to say! that thing is a monster!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:29 AM   #15
taygunho
Regular User

I love Blitz cars and it is the reason why i loved it.
Diablo looks and this blitz diablo looks
Colour combination is fantastic
But there is only top speed specs. what is 0-100km/h and 0-200km/h times?