Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > 5th Gear Discussion > Episode Discussion

Old 07-25-2006, 11:33 AM   #16
pagani
Regular User

This was the best episode i have seen from 5th gear in a very long time.
Love the enzo vs f1 roadtest.
:roll: 8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 03:47 PM   #17
jorge
Regular User

Good episode overall, the McLaren vs Enzo was very good, and Tom in the 599 was also nice.

I liked the BMW 320, but i´m getting to the point of hating vicky
Old 07-25-2006, 05:27 PM   #18
draak666
Regular User

Another episode of Top Gear's little brother...

Just hearing the McLaren start did it for me. :shock: You won't hear me talk bad about the Enzo, but that F1 still attracts me more. I'm amazed to hear that they were able to reduce the F1's weight by 300kg. I thought it was already on the limit.

The 320i feature wasn't worth much, but it's the first review I saw of it and I'm pleased to see that it's a good car. Oh yeah, and take note from last week: the bendiest roads are often too bendy to set a good g-force performace.

I've seen plenty of 360s in the past and if you've seen one, you've seen 'em all.

Seeing Tom wake up was highly unpleasant. Also disturbing was the fact that the place where he picked up the Ferari was literally the paddock of the Spa circuit, and they didn't even bother to show us one lap. :x Quite reassuring to know that it's a practical car.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #19
nickthaskater

Goddamn... That's all I could say once that road-legalized ex-GTR McLaren fired up. Absolutely incredible car, I really couldn't give two fucks from Sunday if it got 6mpg lol. Screw a Radical, that's a racecar for the street.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 AM   #20
Apac102
Regular User

I really hoping for the F1 and Enzo segment to be longer. If you had those cars avaliable to you, jesus, i woulda made half the show about them. maybe a little one on one action around a track or at least a time trial. And if the owner wasn't safe with Tiff then let him drive it at least.

Tom's segment was good with the 599. Yeah he could have done a lap to see the car in motion, but thats not what its really about. its a playboy car that is really just used to cruise in luxary and speed. which Tom did just that. Hats off to him for making a good section.

Vicky's voice is starting to become annoying and her segments are boring. As for the plane test.....it was ok but that shoulda been how long Tiffs segment was and Tiff shoulda had how long the airplane stunt was. Seriously, anyone who watches these car shows know that the F1 and Enzo are the epitome of cars and Im sure everyone would have liked to see more with them.
Apac102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 02:08 AM   #21
nickthaskater

I would've gladly traded off a bit of Jason's airplane segment, or Vicki's 3-series bit (I really couldn't care less about that car honestly), for more on the Enzo and F1. That segment had such potential to be the best in a long time, but it fell short (though it was still good). Access to cars like that is as rare as a buttplug in a sparrow, so they should've really taken more time for them, even if it was just random driving bits (just to hear the engines haha).
Old 07-26-2006, 06:20 PM   #22
pagani
Regular User

I really rever liked vicky she is ugly as hell
She is just a wannebe racer for me.
The only that i like tiff and jason sometimes ford.
The need to feature more high performance cars maby test modded cars like they do in japan(best motoring and option magazine.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 03:24 AM   #23
RAMMIUS
Regular User

Ahhhh so predictible Tiff (just like the wannabe performance driver MB) kissing Macca`s ass.

First and foremost HOW in GODS name can you compare a pure road car with an ex racing car converted for road use ????

Second , what kind of info does mister Nedell provided ???

Let`s see : Ohhh look at those buttons on the steering wheel , ohh look there`s one that says race blablabla

Yup , a lot of unknown info about the Enzo. :roll:

Macca: look at these carbon fibre with all those buttons blabla.
Do they use CF on these cars ? No shit man , that`s amazing.
No indepth info , nothing.

But of course, the best it`s still McLaren hehehe
And it was supposed to provide information about WHAT ROAD CAR IS BETTER.

He couldn`t even get the Macca out of driveway in one single move because of the racing steering rack.

So Tiff`s comparo`s when it comes to Macca are well , not worth a thing
Old 07-27-2006, 03:35 AM   #24
nickthaskater

I didn't expect any kind of definitive answer, I just wanted to see it purely for seeing those cars, I don't even remember what he was talking about because I was listening to the cars lol.
Old 07-27-2006, 11:10 AM   #25
McLarenboy

yes because their have been so many reviews on both cars, you're expected to know all there is to know about these cars.

Hmm, how long has the F1 been around - more then 10 freakin years!!!

you're either a car nut or you just like tv-shows :roll:
Old 07-27-2006, 05:11 PM   #26
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by nickthaskater
Vicki's 3-series bit (I really couldn't care less about that car honestly)
The reason why I'm interested in this 320 is that the people who prepared the WTCC-winning racing car on which it was based happen to be the people that service my car every 10k kms

I was surprised to read that this British car club took a trip to my home base Mechelen to visit the garage. LOL

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/bmwccser/rbm.html
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote