Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 07-06-2008, 11:14 AM   #1
mehran7
Regular User

Exclamation Rumor Killing: No, Richard And James Aren’t Leaving

A bunch of what are essentially gossip magazines in the UK have been reporting that Richard and James are threatening to leave the show if they don’t get a pay raise to match Jeremy’s pay. Unsurprisingly this is all a load of BS.
Andy does a good job of explaining the whole situation in his lastest blog post:

Just for the record, Richard and James’s contracts are up soon - no big deal, contracts do end - and their agents are negotiating new ones.
They want an amount, the BBC wants to pay a different amount - again, no surprises there, that’s how business works every minute of every day - and there’ll be horse trading until a number is reached.
But let me also say Richard and James have never ever ever asked to be on equal pay to Jeremy. They are the first to admit that he came up with the new show, and that he does nothing but this show and is the engine room of it, whereas they, quite understandably, like to do other projects as well as Top Gear, and therefore the pay should reflect that.
mehran7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:16 AM   #2
Yorkhill
Regular User

Originally Posted by mehran7 View Post
A bunch of what are essentially gossip magazines in the UK have been reporting that Richard and James are threatening to leave the show if they don’t get a pay raise to match Jeremy’s pay. Unsurprisingly this is all a load of BS.
Andy does a good job of explaining the whole situation in his lastest blog post:

Just for the record, Richard and James’s contracts are up soon - no big deal, contracts do end - and their agents are negotiating new ones.
They want an amount, the BBC wants to pay a different amount - again, no surprises there, that’s how business works every minute of every day - and there’ll be horse trading until a number is reached.
But let me also say Richard and James have never ever ever asked to be on equal pay to Jeremy. They are the first to admit that he came up with the new show, and that he does nothing but this show and is the engine room of it, whereas they, quite understandably, like to do other projects as well as Top Gear, and therefore the pay should reflect that.
And what makes you so sure?
Yorkhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 11:46 AM   #3
Svensson
Regular User

Question

And who may "Andy" be?
Old 07-06-2008, 11:49 AM   #4
CarlZ
Regular User

And who is richard and james? (joke)
Old 07-28-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
genesis
Regular User

Originally Posted by CarlZ View Post
And who is richard and james? (joke)
hahah funny! as i was reading this i thought wat a fuking noob. then i read joke. lol.

i think they should hav close the same amount of pay. not necessarily equal pay seeing as Jeremy was sole in the idea of the show. but they should get close to the same. because the show is not the same without 1 of them. they all bring something special to show. and after 11 seasons, i think the idea who came up with the idea should not play as big a role in the pay grade. i think that they should get close to the same amount, but not necessarily the same.
genesis is offline   Reply With Quote