Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-08-2004, 07:22 PM   #31
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
You guys are quoting old GT numbers...The latest MT mag has updated numbers....The only one that jumped out at me was the 1/4 numbers.....

You may want to sit down for this......You may faint..

11.2 @ 131mph....faint

Lutz has now officially turned the Viper into a Garter Snake as he had promised....

BTW, yes the SRT10 does out brake the GT and every other production car from 60-0.....The only car that beat it in a braking test was the Enzo but that a 70-0 test....The Enzo took 153 ft to the Vipers 156 ft.....Not bad for the Viper...No fancy ceramics like Ferrari or Porsche but can brake with the best of em.....

On a roadcourse the GT would no doubt spank the SRT10 with ease...But it ought to at more than double the price....No need to bash the SRT10..Its an incredible car....Imagine if all those cubes were blown like the GT.....Quite a few street Vipers with SC's that are in the 800-1000RWHP range for much less than the GT so dont be too hard on the Vipers.......Somehow I think they'll get by lol....
Bob lutz runs GM, not Ford. Bill Ford is the CEO of Ford.
Doh....Got my quotes mixed up..Lutz is in charge of the Vette...Forgot who said what now....But Im pretty sure somebody at Ford said that the GT is going to turn the Viper into a Garter Snake...Was it Neil Henmann...Some ex Chrysler guy said that.... Used to be on the team that brought the Viper to life...
Old 09-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #32
ViperASR
Regular User

Skidpads vary, one to the other. So if u want a proper reading, then test them on the same skidpad, one after the other, multiple times. Then the GT would own the SRT-10. I WANT A GT!!!!!

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 08:02 PM   #33
tigerx
Regular User

and you name is viperASR LOL
Old 09-08-2004, 08:25 PM   #34
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
holy shit you have to be kidding me.......11.2@131 thats amazing if its true, are they using MT slicks or something lol.
Hehe...Afaik its the stock Goodyear F1 tires it will come with from the factory....its incredible and a steal at 150k msrp....Good luck finding one under 200k with dealers price gouging...
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #35
dons5
Regular User

at first i thought the ceramaic brakes were for shortening braking distances, but i think they dont really affect it, what there for is for way less heat, and they can take way more abuse and theres virtually no fade, if they do shorten distances by a but then i think thats just a bonus but they werent really made for that, oh ya and there much lighter too
Old 09-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #36
dons5
Regular User

and the brakes being lighter might make a difference to distance cause less weight to stop but i dont think its big enough to have a big impact like i said there more made for abusing and being able to take it unlike regular brakes
Old 09-08-2004, 11:09 PM   #37
Devilsdog9
Regular User

i would rather have a viper.. then send it to hennessey and have that bitch twin turbo charged making 1200whp..

But the GT is a simply gorgeous car.
But so is the Viper, to me at least
Devilsdog9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 11:18 PM   #38
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Devilsdog9
i would rather have a viper.. then send it to hennessey and have that bitch twin turbo charged making 1200whp..

But the GT is a simply gorgeous car.
But so is the Viper, to me at least
and do what with it?
1200 whp isnt useable on the street... smoking tires all the way through third, sure those guys with 600 hp are going to be faster to 100mph.

oh, by the way... hennessey is a crook...