Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 03-20-2008, 02:15 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default German translation please - Ford GT v. Viper

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/D...-HP_154484.htm

much thanks in advance
Old 03-20-2008, 03:03 PM   #2
franck bullitt
Regular User

Location: 10 mls from Eurodisneyland....and too far from unlimited speed's highway!

Thx for the vid....nice cars
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Thanks mate, these DSF (or D-Motor ? ) german videos are really good !!
Old 03-22-2008, 01:25 PM   #4
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
much thanks in advance
here we go

actually what they're talking about isn't that interesting. just a lot of blabla that doesn't translate well into english because the humor gets lost

like when Sabine tests the clutch of the Viper she asks "Darf ich mal reintreten?" ("can i kick it?" yeah the translation doesn't really carry the humor) funniest moment in the whole clip actually *duh*

some facts:
Ford GT is tuned by Geiger in Munich supercharged (they actually complemented the interior "you don't find the typical american plastic stuff but actually a superb quality interior with a great finish)

Viper is supercharged too and has a lot of additional small mods like better brakes, exhaust system a special clutch ect

the drag race is 0-250 kph both cars have no TC

2nd run was in 3rd gear from 40-160 kph, the viper wins due to the higher displacement and the higher revs.

then they did the "elch-test" the GT was 10 kph faster and more stable than the viper. this is due to the different weight distribution and balance of both cars.

the race pretty much speaks for itself, even though i think it was staged a bit. i think Sabine is a much better driver than that. in the corners the GT is king but then on the straights the viper easily catches up.
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
silentm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 01:28 PM   #5
silentm
Regular User

Originally Posted by yg60m View Post
Thanks mate, these DSF (or D-Motor ? ) german videos are really good !!
the show is called D-Motor and is broadcasted on the channel DMAX

their slogan is: "TV for the best people in the world - men"
"Some say that the outline of his left nipple is exactly the same shape as the Nürburgring, and that if you give him a really important job to do, he'll skive off and play croquet... all we know is, he's called the Stig."

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:03 PM   #6
enzoferrari
Regular User

Great video,love that viper
Old 03-22-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

Huge thanks silentm!!!

I was thinking the 'race' was a bit staged as well..... but no way does a viper carry more revs then the GT.... stock redline is about 6500, most tuned cars run between 6800-7000... the engine can do more, but reliability is reduced. .... the viper is struggling at 6400... most of the SRT-10's run redline @ 6200 rpm.

but yeah.... supercharge 8 or 8.4 liters... and you'll have just gobs and gobs and gobs of power
Old 03-22-2008, 02:32 PM   #8
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Huge thanks silentm!!!

I was thinking the 'race' was a bit staged as well..... but no way does a viper carry more revs then the GT.... stock redline is about 6500, most tuned cars run between 6800-7000... the engine can do more, but reliability is reduced. .... the viper is struggling at 6400... most of the SRT-10's run redline @ 6200 rpm.

but yeah.... supercharge 8 or 8.4 liters... and you'll have just gobs and gobs and gobs of power
Of course it's staged ít's television.
But it's still a cool video whit 2 awesome cars.
I think the viper engine is more like a truck engine than a real sportcar engine.
And i think it shows the diffrences between the viper and ford gt quite well.

Last edited by pagani; 03-22-2008 at 02:47 PM.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 02:49 PM   #9
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
Great video,love that viper
That is the baddest viper i have seen here in europe.
Old 03-22-2008, 02:56 PM   #10
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by silentm View Post
the show is called D-Motor and is broadcasted on the channel DMAX

their slogan is: "TV for the best people in the world - men"
To bad i can't watch that channel here in the netherlands.
Old 03-23-2008, 04:09 PM   #11
silentm
Regular User

oh you can if you want to

just download a small programm called zatoo (or was it zattoo i don't remember) and it's like internet TV. They have DSF and DMAX in their channel list. of course the quality sucks but you still get to see the show if you really want to

Originally Posted by nthfinity
Huge thanks silentm!!!

hey no problem, anytime

well i am just quoting what they said in the show i don't know what they did to the engines actually i just think the fire spitting exhaust is super-cool

The Top Gear Wikiquote
Old 03-23-2008, 05:56 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Interesting video... but who in real life will bother doing anything from 40kph and not be in 1st or 2nd gear?

Rolling from 40kph in 3rd will only set the "test" up in favour of the car who is revving the highest at 40kph in 3rd
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote