Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 12-14-2007, 03:17 PM   #1
acmarttin
Regular User

Default Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

So...a little late on the bus, I know. But I didn't see a topic for this game, so I had to create one.

BECAUSE IT IS F***ING GOOD.

Yeah, it has it's rough edges. Certain aspects aren't as well polished....I'll cover that in the spoiler section so I don't ruin it for those of you who haven't played it yet.

But if you haven't played it yet, and you have a 360, get it. Honestly, it's a buy. AT LEAST a rent.

The gameplay is tight, and although it seems like a straight up shooter it is actually pretty diverse as far as the list of tasks the game asks you to perform.

The solid control scheme from the past Call of Duty's is preserved but the gameplay is much better. The AI is better at attacking YOU (for a change) and the overall sense of being a part of a team is much, much stronger in this game.

Now...

*****SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SECTION****************

I was a little disappointed that certain details weren't touched up in a game that shines like a diamond in a category of video games (First Person Shooters) that has been so f'n saturated that, while playing Halo 3, you start to wonder when FPS's will take the next step to actually surprise gamers and mystify us all over again.

Like when you're in the perspective of the kidnapped President and you're in the back seat of the Mercedes, there is so much going on and there is so much to take in....but the gauges on the dashboard don't move.

But that's a little nit-picky....

***end of spoilers.

I might have to re-subscribe to Live for this one...
Old 12-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #2
Svensson
Regular User

Question

Originally Posted by acmarttin View Post
...if you haven't played it yet, and you have a 360, get it. Honestly, it's a buy. AT LEAST a rent.
Do you reckon the X-Box 360 version is the best, or can you also recommend it for PC or PS3?
Old 12-15-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
acmarttin
Regular User

I can only vouch for the 360 version because it's the only one I've played. But I can imagine the single player campaign is solid on all 3 platforms so long as you have a strong computer. I would imagine by the 360 graphics (which are gorgeous, btw) it would take a really good PC.

For online play, Live is booming right now of course. I'm sure the PC scene is strong as well online.

I'm glad you brought that up though because it's real thick of me to not mention that it's available on those other platforms. I game exclusively with Micro-$haft
Old 12-15-2007, 07:56 AM   #4
styla21
Regular User

I can't rate this game highly enough! I've only played the 360 version though, and still yet to try the multi-player
Old 12-15-2007, 10:53 AM   #5
Darkel
Regular User

I play the PC version and it's terrific I love the mission called "Death From Above", it's quite original ... the one in Ukraine is impressive too.
Can't play in multiplayer mode but Battlefield 2142 is already keeping me too busy for any other online game anyway.
Darkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #6
T-Bird
Regular User

The online part of the game is amazing on LIVE it's the best online game out there right now IMO you actually have to upgrade your online character as you play the game and get promoted.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:13 PM   #7
r2r
Regular User

As far as single player campaign, because I've heard it's so short, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to rent it at least.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #8
acmarttin
Regular User

Originally Posted by r2r View Post
As far as single player campaign, because I've heard it's so short, it wouldn't be a bad idea just to rent it at least.
Yeah that's good advice as long as you only want to play the single player campaign

Multiplayer on the other hand
Old 12-15-2007, 09:15 PM   #9
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Darkel View Post
I play the PC version and it's terrific I love the mission called "Death From Above", it's quite original ... the one in Ukraine is impressive too.
Can't play in multiplayer mode but Battlefield 2142 is already keeping me too busy for any other online game anyway.
I loved the death from above mission. Totally original.

Overall the game is pretty impressive. Not my favorite (im a Battlefield 2 fan), but overall a pretty good game.

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 10:42 AM   #10
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

best game of the year.. fuck crysis.. much better then BF2 on many levels

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 05:23 AM   #11
crazidude
Regular User

This game is so good I didn't study for my last final just so I could play it longer. Single player is like being in a movie, while MP is just incredible.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:08 AM   #12
jenkF1
Regular User

its great fun multiplayer but the realism leaves a lot to be desired (no peak about a bıllıon bad guys etc)

"..its time for diesel lovers to go make the tea"
jenkF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #13
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by Erez View Post
best game of the year.. fuck crysis.. much better then BF2 on many levels
Bold statement........BF2 is off the chain.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:33 PM   #14
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Hahaha. It is a good game. I played with a friend splitscreen and I kept killing him with the Last Stand perk, so he learned to shoot me in the head.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 06:57 PM   #15
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Hahaha. It is a good game. I played with a friend splitscreen and I kept killing him with the Last Stand perk, so he learned to shoot me in the head.
I struggled to migrate from PC FPS with the mouse to controller FPS on the XB360 and PS3 - so I have recently tried this out, the FragFX:

Its ok - helped me get into Call of Duty 3 and few others.

The mouse part is a little small and light weight compared to a decent PC mouse, but at least it is a mouse.

Now that I have the hang of it, I am quite tempted to try out COD4.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote