Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 06-10-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
thiago
Regular User

Exclamation Confirmed: CODEMASTERS developing Formula One game for 2009

CODEMASTERS has now exclusive rights to F-1 for 2009 and the game/sim will have all of the circuits, teams, cars and driver likenesses for that season.

What do you guys think about it?

Share your opinions with us.

Source: CODEMASTERS
thiago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:41 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

F! is a mainstream franchise, so the only way they will appeal to a broad audience (and thus sell 3 trillion copies) will be to mak ethe game a pure arcade game like they did with G.R.I.D.

IOW it will suck
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 06:44 PM   #3
thiago
Regular User

Default I hope you are wrong! :)

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
F! is a mainstream franchise, so the only way they will appeal to a broad audience (and thus sell 3 trillion copies) will be to mak ethe game a pure arcade game like they did with G.R.I.D.

IOW it will suck
Well, my friend, let us all hope that they get it right, since most people are indeed making comments about that already!

Thank you for your quick input!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:27 PM   #4
HeilSvenska
Regular User

It'll be super arcadey,but GRID's been getting unusually good reviews, obviously not for the driving physics, but for everything else. It's strange, except for the completely unrealistic driving, I love that game. The sheer intense setup, the cars, the graphics, the sleek interface, the franetic music, best replay system that I've seen, etc...

Well, I suppose making a lot of money is important, especially when you don't have a massive funding from Sony or Microsoft etc...
Old 06-10-2008, 09:03 PM   #5
thiago
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
It'll be super arcadey,but GRID's been getting unusually good reviews, obviously not for the driving physics, but for everything else. It's strange, except for the completely unrealistic driving, I love that game. The sheer intense setup, the cars, the graphics, the sleek interface, the franetic music, best replay system that I've seen, etc...

Well, I suppose making a lot of money is important, especially when you don't have a massive funding from Sony or Microsoft etc...
Thank you for your input!

Firstly, in my opinion, when I buy, or play a game, the main goal is to have fun. I believe that GRID is an awesome game; with amazing graphics and physics, not really realistic that people would call it a simulator, but challenging in it's design and I can say for myself that it's a hell whole lot of fun to play. Driving the open wheel cars in GRID with these graphics (1920x1080) on a 37" monitor, to me is just beautiful. And I can't stop playing it.

I can't wait to get myself a copy of F-1 2009 by codemasters. (Alter reading reviews and playing a demo of course)
Old 06-10-2008, 09:07 PM   #6
Pokiou
Regular User

AS LONG as it doesn't have DRIFT mode we should be fine.. also needs real physics, propper shit and non of this arcade crap.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:47 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

How are you managing to maintain any type of control?? It seems that 1mm of movement on the control stick is almost full lock input.

Honestly, 4 turns into the first lap I lost interest
Old 06-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #8
HeilSvenska
Regular User

How are you managing to maintain any type of control?? It seems that 1mm of movement on the control stick is almost full lock input.

Ehhh... I dunno. I kinda had to forget how to play a driving game for GRID.

Really, I did play the demo many times, just to watch the replays. And I can never get tired of the welcoming screen when you get to choose the voice name. "Hello, Stud. Welcome to the GRID demo."
Old 06-11-2008, 04:55 AM   #9
thiago
Regular User

Ehhh... I dunno. I kinda had to forget how to play a driving game for GRID.

Really, I did play the demo many times, just to watch the replays. And I can never get tired of the welcoming screen when you get to choose the voice name. "Hello, Stud. Welcome to the GRID demo."
I know guys... Playing with the joystick can be a big pain and unrealistic sometimes, but I've been playing GRID on my PC using the Xbox 360 wheel with the wireless adapter and I must say that I am totally addicted to it. It's incredible the number of things you can customize in the menu (everything BUT the cars). The game is definitely arcade and it reminds me of Ridge Racer without the crazy drifts. I really like it. So I guess GRID will keep me busy until F-1 2009 comes out.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:34 PM   #10
thiago
Regular User

Exclamation

I don't really know what you mean by that though... I have the PC version of GRID and I play it with my Xbox 360 wheel and it's absolutely great to drive the cars with that. I have also played with my Xbxo 360 controller and it worked just fine as well. I'm sure that if you have an analog pad the "full lock imput" you are talking about will not happen. Besides, the game controls are fully customizable.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
CarlZ
Regular User

Loking forward to that game, only I'm sure I'll need new pc for it, It was able to deal with Grid and Dirt, but this propably is going to ask more from pc...pretty sure it's going to be the same story as Grid tho And the Grid is the same story as Dirt...grate graphic, nothing else. But hey, atleast codemasters are doing what they are good at! And leaving the simulating stuff to LFS! And if it would be possible to get LFS gameplay and Grid graphic I would never leave house...so maybe it's good those games aren't perfect!?
Old 06-11-2008, 08:54 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by thiago View Post
I don't really know what you mean by that though... I have the PC version of GRID and I play it with my Xbox 360 wheel and it's absolutely great to drive the cars with that. I have also played with my Xbxo 360 controller and it worked just fine as well. I'm sure that if you have an analog pad the "full lock imput" you are talking about will not happen. Besides, the game controls are fully customizable.
See this thread:

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=53265
Old 06-13-2008, 02:13 AM   #13
Pokiou
Regular User

Originally Posted by CarlZ View Post
Loking forward to that game, only I'm sure I'll need new pc for it, It was able to deal with Grid and Dirt, but this propably is going to ask more from pc...pretty sure it's going to be the same story as Grid tho And the Grid is the same story as Dirt...grate graphic, nothing else. But hey, atleast codemasters are doing what they are good at! And leaving the simulating stuff to LFS! And if it would be possible to get LFS gameplay and Grid graphic I would never leave house...so maybe it's good those games aren't perfect!?

It's called Rfactor... look it up byatch
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote