Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 09-15-2004, 10:33 AM   #61
Fleischmann
Regular User

A mini. Just like in "The Italian Job"
Old 09-15-2004, 10:50 AM   #62
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

i take a black mclaren
Old 09-15-2004, 11:53 AM   #63
scharreltje
Regular User

actually your better off in a bike
scharreltje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 09:22 AM   #64
stradale
Regular User

First off, I agree with TT. Running from the cops is stupid. The chances you'll not get into trouble deeper than you already are are practically non-existent.

I reckon you'd need a compact 4wd car with plenty of pace. I saw a chase on TV once where a couple of guys had robbed a jewellery or something like that at night. The getaway cars were a Scooby WRX and a Mitsubishi Evo. The cops had much slower cars of course, but they also had a helicopter. The two cars went separate ways and the helicopter had to choose. They decided to follow the Evo, but the police had a lot of trouble keeping up, even after one of the tyres blew up. Eventually they were caught, but the Scooby got away.
Old 09-16-2004, 10:06 AM   #65
sau_mathur
Regular User

Coppers here in Australia have ford falcon xr6 turbos and holden commodore v8s and monaros as highway patrol cars..!! Not much u can use to run away from those. Guess an enzo, mclarenf1, jag xj220, or koenigsegg wudnt go too amiss..!!! but ud still get caught..!!!
sau_mathur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 11:31 AM   #66
cooperluke
Regular User

A mini. Just like in "The Italian Job"

A Mini Cooper S, Works Package

Of COURSE!!! If you are in the middle of a city, why do you need such a powerful car such has an Enzo or a Gallardo? They are far too big and too fast for the traffic!
And a bike?? If you had robbed anything, where would you take the things?
A Westfield, or a XTR2?? If someone in the middle of the traffic hits you, your cars are too fragile, and would break right there!
A tank?? That is far too obvious... you would never get out of the cops sight!! As soon has you run out of fuel they would catch you... you would have to leave to eat something!

The ideal car is a car that moves well in a city, that it is small, and don't need to go more faster than 125mph / 200km/h. It's fair enough for the city!! And as soon has you loose the cops you need to hide it somehere!! Where would you hide a tank or an anfibious vehicle?? And an Enzo?? As soon as you passed my a JW member.. everybody in the internet would know that there was an Enzo parked in that area, with pictures and everything!!!

Go for the MINI!! If not.. another small hot hatch!

And know... I've proven my point, when are we going to hit the Fort Knox?? lolol

cooperluke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:51 PM   #67
ZfrkS62
Regular User

PERFECT solution! A 3-cylinder geo metro. Its just a little bigger than the original mini, it will out distance the cops on fuel consumption, and will blend in perfectly in traffic with all the huge SUV's and semi-trucks on the road and if worse comes to worse, just pull down an alley and park behind a dumpster. with a few cardboard boxes and you're out of sight...literally

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 03:59 PM   #68
ZfrkS62
Regular User

the pope mobile with the pope in it

And that's supposed to save you? Ever wonder why they keep JP in a lexan box? It's because there have been attempts to assassinate popes.
Wolfster might actually have a point....the cops would be much less hesitant to blow out the tires at high speed or attempt the pit manouver if someone as prominent as the pope were in the vehicle. Just think of the backlash that would create if something were to happen because of the cops.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2004, 07:20 PM   #69
gigdy
Regular User

since this topic is still alive, id take a magic carpet.
Old 09-16-2004, 07:59 PM   #70
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I would take an EVO with a rollcage, and 600bhp, with a rally setup. because Id have to take the woods to get away from cops.

And Id also have a cb radio inside.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote