Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-08-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
autohabit
Regular User

Default Goodwood Festival of Speed - Photos

I made my first ever trip to the Goodwood Festival of Speed this weekend, here are a few photos.

Mercedes 300 SLR - The car in which Fangio finished second (behind Stirling Moss) in the 1955 Mille Miglia.

Audi were celebrating their 100th anniversary, and they did it in style by bringing the best cars from their museum...

...Not only the cars, Audi had invited the cream of their driving talent from past and present
1984 World Rally Champion Stig Blomqvist watches on, I think he rather fancied a go in an Auto Union!

Hannu Mikkola, World Rally Champion with Audi in 1983

Making a very rare UK appearance, and released by Porsche for the weekend, Walter Röhrl.

Röhrl was re-united with his 1987 Pikes Peak winning car, the ultimate winged wonder.

I never tire of looking at this car, what an amazing vehicle, even after all these years it still looks outlandish

Marco Werner in the IMSA Audi 90

Look at the size of those front wheels

IMSA 200 Quattro

1930s Auto Union Streamliner

autohabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #2
autohabit
Regular User

Prodrive had emptied their museum also:

Luvverly ladies

Trade stands to suit all tastes!

Mercedes weren't going to be left out either, some rare racing metal from pre and post war

Amazing 950bhp off road buggy, saw this thing take a huge jump on the off road course, I have never seen anything land so well, but it does have 48 inches of suspension travel

Up at the rally stage, there was everything from the old 1960s Minis to the latest WRC machines

Kris Meeke giving some advice to Dani Sordo, or maybe it was the other way round? Sebastian Loeb was also at Goodwood over the weekend.

The inside of a modern WRC car, the endless obsession with weight distribution means that all the instruments that were once on the dashboard are now on the floor

A white elephant from the Group B era was the Citroen BX4TC, only ever used on three WRC events in 1986, even Citroen superstar Loeb couldn't have made this car win. Nice to see someone is preserving one of these cars though.

The Worswick 308 rally car

Sir Stirling Moss was trying out a modern take on the 300 SLR, and he's still chatting the ladies up B)

An excellent weekend, I would recommend a visit to this event.

Alan
autohabit is offline   Reply With Quote