Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 04-05-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
philip
Regular User

Default ZR1 and GT-R in Houston

Well I finally saw both cars not on a podium in a car show.

Here is a black ZR1 in the Goode Co. parking lot.

If you were not paying attention you would miss it, as its a Covette and there are lots of Corvettes in Houston.

This is a GT-R that just showed up in my neighborhood when a new homeowner moved in. Got to get to know this guy.

I would say the GT-R is a more unique ride.

That said the prize really goes to the new Audi as it is cooler looking than both these cars. I have seen several in Houston, but usually blowing by me on the freeway and too quick to get them on my cell phone camera.

Yes that is a basketball goal in the background of the GT-R. These two photos show the real America, not any of that 500 year old quaint cobblestone streets and touristy buildings, we see in the photos from Europe, here it is real basketball goals, asphalt parking lots, billboards and power lines.

Last edited by philip; 04-05-2009 at 12:32 PM.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #2
philip
Regular User

I had to check to make sure it wasnt a dog turd as that house has an invisible dog fence.

I figured a pine cone didn't need to be shopped out.

Common understanding (and this comes from the movies) is that Houston looks like about 100 miles East of Hollywood. Rolling hills lots of cactus. Instead it is flat as a board and filled with big pine trees. It is green year round, and we get 40 inches of rain.

To see cactus you must drive West of San Antonio as that is where the "real" Texas starts.

I went to Del Rio last year to see the places where "No County for Old Men" was shot, since it occured in Del Rio. It wasnt even filmed in Texas but in Las Vegas, New Mexico.