Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Jokes and Humour

Jokes and Humour Got a joke, funny picture or video to share? Post it here

Old 04-02-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
TNT
Regular User

Default My PhotoShop 2 class final

ok the top image is the orginal photo, and we had to use Photoshop to render the image to photo realistic as much as we could. my file at the end of the project was approaching 100mb at 300 res for print size. i down sized the images but they are still a huge 300kb+ per image. If anyone cares i got a B+ overall in the class if anyone has any questions or comments feel free to ask. oh by the way there was about 20 plus hours involed in making this.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:08 PM   #2
Toronto
Regular User

it took to 20hours to do 'ctrl+shift+b' + 'ctrl+shift+l' ? cause that looks like all you did.
Old 04-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by Toronto
it took to 20hours to do 'ctrl+shift+b' + 'ctrl+shift+l' ? cause that looks like all you did.
if i were to guess, he took the web sized image; and did faux dpi increase, and tried to have as little enlargement artifacts as possible... in the porcess, some things look fake; but the clouds and ground look much better.

there are some pretty good progs' out there that do real nice faux upscaling...
Old 04-02-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
TNT
Regular User

well every piece was on a different layer. and we had to start from a bare screen. if i knew of a place to upload a 70mb file then i would so you the .PSD file. no it wasn't copying. here it is without a back ground
Old 04-02-2006, 07:58 PM   #5
TNT
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
if i were to guess, he took the web sized image; and did faux dpi increase, and tried to have as little enlargement artifacts as possible... in the porcess, some things look fake; but the clouds and ground look much better.

no it was a large image to start. its a bitch to do that. you all should try and do photo realistic with the used of photoshop.

Old 04-02-2006, 08:14 PM   #6
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
Originally Posted by nthfinity

no it was a large image to start. its a bitch to do that. you all should try and do photo realistic with the used of photoshop.

alright, now i get it... you drew it based on a photo; in that case, that is impressive to a different nature
Old 04-02-2006, 08:19 PM   #7
RC45
Regular User

WHoa... tough crowd.

Am I missing something here? If you take some phots (which are by definition photorealistic) what are you using PS for then? You're post processing photos to be as realistic as - photos?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #8
TNT
Regular User

^^^ its a tech. so you can apply effects to them and change they accordingly. like if i wanted to add a buch of stuff. people also "paint" within PS. so its kind of the fine art side of PS.
Old 04-03-2006, 02:28 AM   #9
r2r
Regular User

wowe, You guys arent giving SWT enough credit, thats pretty impresive to build that plane in Photoshop from scratch. Even though the plane had geometric shapes, thats still hard work to match the color and texture of the real thing.

Nice job SWT.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 02:37 AM   #10
LotusGT1
Regular User

Funny how some people without any knowledge about this start BS'ing. I think it's pretty impressive what you've done SWT, next time paint the whole plane though, that's cooler
Old 04-03-2006, 02:42 AM   #11
r2r
Regular User

Originally Posted by LotusGT1
Funny how some people without any knowledge about this start BS'ing.
Exactly, and thats pretty sad.
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 04:23 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by SWT
^^^ its a tech. so you can apply effects to them and change they accordingly. like if i wanted to add a buch of stuff. people also "paint" within PS. so its kind of the fine art side of PS.
So you are saying you drew the plane from ordinary single colour primatives - in this case triangles - and then shaded and textured them to match a photograph?

Or are you saying you drew the plane from pieces cut and pasted from a digital image of the real plane?
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 10:55 AM   #13
TNT
Regular User

i started from basic colors and shapes and added the effects to make it look photorealistic. but yes i was marked down a bit since the whole plane wasn't in there so i had to work more on the detail. but there are a few spots that really just didn't work at all. like the windows. but i am done looking at that plane but you all should try it. but start with just a base color and work up effects.
Old 04-03-2006, 10:07 PM   #14
Stikz
Regular User

Nice job, i don't have the patience to even attempt something like that. Thanks for sharing the pic.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote