Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 04-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #1
Skaala
Regular User

Default One Bad 1970 GTO

:shock: :shock:
Old 04-17-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
TopGearNL
Regular User

Just look at the f*cking sice of that engine! :shock:

Are you able to see anything?

Sounds cool
Old 04-17-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
novass
Regular User

Sweet :shock:

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #4
blinkmeat
Regular User

They ripped that owner a new one -- ridiculous
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2007, 09:24 PM   #5
PaulGT2164
Regular User

hrmm one blower blowing hot pressurized air into another... i somehow doubt the 1600hp claim.

the top blower would be useless soon as its pressurized air hits the second blower, stacking one on top of the other does not "double" the boost, its most likey a minute gain, if any. and the hot compressed air from the top one would lower the efficiency of the second one.

take a lets say 900cfm air pump, and put another 900 cfm air pump behind or in front of it. do you enough airflow to justify the setup? nope, all it becomes is one huge heater.

and was it just me, or did that thing not sound heathly the way the revs were cycling up and down, sounds like a vacuum leak or bad timing, etc etc

i found a article on it, he is only running a 280gph fuel pump and 4psi boost....

hahahahahahahahahahha

it runs a 474 c.i and runs mid to low tens.....

it could do that probably on the motor alone....the blowers are just for show...yuk

From the article:

"Bill is looking for 9-second timeslips with the new tighter converter, but he also admits that the second blower, while it looks killer on the street, will probably be more of detriment to that goal than a help due to the amount of horsepower it takes to drive it, amount of heat it will generate while delivering air to the blower beneath it and the engine despite the intercooler, and the fact that the single 8-71 is large enough to feed the engine anyway. He also realizes that should the second blower offer a performance benefit, the reward will probably cause a hasty evacuation of the contents of the short-block."

looks like a conversation piece to me, and a waste of a good gto.