Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 09-19-2005, 09:30 PM   #121
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pharzo
Come on now, you know that power to weight is hp/lb, not lb/hp. This is marketing
Well - even if it is - it won't make a difference..

RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 03:42 AM   #122
LAMBOR
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45
Come on now, you know that power to weight is hp/lb, not lb/hp. This is marketing

Maybe for you...
LAMBOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2005, 04:07 AM   #123
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by LAMBOR
Originally Posted by RC45

Maybe for you...
Uhm - perhaps the conventional laws of algebra say so.

Whether hp/lb or lb/hp, the lighter car with the higher power will still be - uhm... what's the phrase I am looking for??

Oh yeah - it will still be the lighter car with more power. No matter how you slice it
Old 09-21-2005, 09:24 PM   #124
graywolf624
Regular User

Basic Algebra(I feel moronic even having to say this, but apparently Lambor bit on what appears to be a jk):

hp/lb is the inverse of lb/hp..The lowest number is best for lb/hp as seen here.. the highest number for hp/lb is best. Given they are inverse the number has the same meaning.. Thats why I said I hope hes joking.
Old 09-21-2005, 10:11 PM   #125
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

i can't help but laugh.. haha
Old 09-23-2005, 04:45 AM   #126
pharzo
Regular User

hp/lb is the inverse of lb/hp..The lowest number is best for lb/hp as seen here.. the highest number for hp/lb is best. Given they are inverse the number has the same meaning.. Thats why I said I hope hes joking.
Not the same meaning, but they can be compared just as validly

I only wrote what I did because i thought it was slightly amusing that they wrote Power to Weight, and actually listed Weight to Power

RC45 about the Z06:
It is also a cheaply made, fast to depreciate, badly service hunk of GM crap.
pharzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2005, 12:15 PM   #127
graywolf624
Regular User

Not the same meaning,
Meaning in terms of both sources mean power to weight and weight to power. Simply put 1 over either number and you have the number your searching for.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:52 AM   #128
LAMBOR
Regular User

Sure i was teasing you RC45 8)

Vette is America's supercar icon, no questions about that. I would own one if i could!
Old 09-26-2005, 12:08 PM   #129
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo

Vette is America's supercar icon, no questions about that. I would own one if i could!
There are several questions about that as its not true at all.....

if we are going to talk about American supercars we should talk about things like the Saleen S7.....not the vette a supercar are something different than a 20 a dusin sportscar like the vette.....
OK - you make such a statement - which then by your definition means the likes of Porsche 911TT/GT3/GT2 are not Supercars either... neither is the F360xx of the F430xx... They are all Super Sports Cars.

Problem solved.

The Z06 is the USA's Super Sports Car - it is easily the equal and better of the P911TT/GT3/GT2 and F360/F430xx - but not only that can even run and gun with the true SUpercars (no one says they can beat them - they can run and gun with them.. )

But of course not one of the fanboys/girls/gays/lesbians/hermaphrodites will admit to this.
Old 09-27-2005, 04:13 AM   #130
LAMBOR
Regular User

Originally Posted by brembo

There are several questions about that as its not true at all.....

if we are going to talk about American supercars we should talk about things like the Saleen S7.....not the vette a supercar are something different than a 20 a dusin sportscar like the vette.....
I must agree with RC45, you can't define Supercar by price tag like you did.

Because if you want to go by there, a F40 is not a supercar when compared with McLaren F1 4/5 times more expensive. Or even to Veyron costing 1 million euros net price. Maybe nowadays supercars league should cost at least say what... 1/2 million euros?!!!

And for America's supercar icon you suggest Saleen S7!!! I said ICON, not fastest, nor powerful or something.
Old 09-27-2005, 09:29 AM   #131
RC45
Regular User

And for America's supercar icon you suggest Saleen S7!!! I said ICON, not fastest, nor powerful or something.
This gentleman gets it woohoo...
Old 09-28-2005, 04:52 AM   #132
LAMBOR
Regular User

It's not a question of priorities or luck.
Because i live in Portugal, a C6 Z06 with taxes would cost more than my house, the same as a medium flat.

However i still think if Chevrolet builded only the Z Vette versions, it would be far considered as a supercar.

Take for example: if Ferrari selled aside the F50 V12 a 350hp V6 version 30% cheaper, do you think the F50 supercar image would be the same? No of course no.

Another better example is the Porsche 911 series. No way a Carrera is a supercar but i don't say the same for the GT2
Old 09-28-2005, 01:17 PM   #133
RC45
Regular User

Fuck the X Factor...this is what the C6 Z06 put down after 55 miles.

X Factor is for pussy's and posers, losers and wankers - yes - that's it.

Originally posted by LG Motorsports
The car has about 55 miles on it. I varied the power during the drive over here to help with a small break in. I am sure they will loosen up but the hp will probably not go up much.

Torque MGMT is horrible. We will not be able to tune these cars for a while until the software is sent to us. It is not available at the moment.

Thanks
Lou Gigliotti LGM

(Results below)

RESULTS: 443. rwhp 413. rwtq
Oh - and this for $65,000 + tax... and laps the Nurburgring in 7m42s, 0-60 in 3.7s - 11.5s 1/4 mile...

And they have not even began opening up the power potential of this motor.

Who needs any X factor.

Old 09-28-2005, 09:31 PM   #134
graywolf624
Regular User

P cars
I personally dont think p has ever built what I would consider a supercar. They are nice, and exotic, but they arent super cars. Neither is the vette. They are exotics and comparable. In fact neither is the f430.

Oh and on the vette engine and that they have not begun opening up the potential of the engine, what does that tell you about chevrolet....
It tells you that theyve had a variation of that engine now running for 50 years and that the potential of the engine depends on what your willing to spend.
That engine prolly has more man hours or research in it then any other engine (what other engine do you know thats been in use in some performance car for 50 years), and if reputation of previous engines is any measure, should be bullet proof.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #135
RC45
Regular User

The P911 and F3xx/F4xx and Z06's are Super Sports Cars..