Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 05-20-2004, 03:32 PM   #1
5.7 V10
Regular User

Default Brabus E55 K8. Pix+story (WARNING-Pic size 2000 x 1333)

Ok, again if posted i apologize. I did a
search, but nothing came up. Anyways
, this is new news. 530BHP
and 560TQ and a top speed of 198.
Look below text for pictures, only 3
so far(in this size) There are others but i
do not have them.

BRABUS K8
530 hp / 390 kW, 775 Nm and 320 km/h for the E 55

Even more power for the Mercedes E 55: BRABUS (Brabus-Allee, D-46240 Bottrop, phone + 49 /
(0) 2041 / 777-0, fax + 49 / (0) 2041 / 777 111, Internet http://www.brabus.com) lends the top-of-
the-line E-Class model even more power. With BRABUS K8 performance tuning power output
jumps to 530 hp / 390 kW while peak torque increases to 775 Nm. With an acceleration time of just
4.3 seconds for 0 – 100 km/h and an electronically limited top speed of 320 km/h the E 55 sedan
and wagon achieve performance on the level of purebred sports cars.

The BRABUS K8 performance kit for the supercharged V8 engine with 5.5-liters displacement
comprises high-performance metal catalysts as well as modifications to the supercharger drive with
the help of a custom vibration damper and new pulley for improved looping of the belt drive.

Power yield of the modified supercharged engine – like the five-speed automatic transmission and
the custom BRABUS rear self-locking differential lubricated exclusively with ARAL high-
performance lubricants – is extraordinary: Instead of standard 476 hp / 350 kW the engine delivers
530 hp / 390 kW at 6,400 rpm. Even more impressive is the peak torque of 775 Nm at just 3,000
rpm.

Upon customer request BRABUS also offers a rear axle shortened by 6 percent for the E 55. With
its integrated self-locking differential it improves traction and driving dynamics.

After the BRABUS power treatment the E55 zooms to 100 km/h from rest in just 4.3 seconds,
passes the 200 km/h mark after exactly 13.6 seconds and reaches an electronically limited top
speed of 320 km/h.

For further optimization of directional stability at high speeds the BRABUS designers developed a
carbon lip for the front spoiler which is attached to the production bumper of the E 55. Its
aerodynamic counterpart in the rear of the sedan is the custom-developed BRABUS spoiler lip for
the trunk lid, which reduces lift on the rear axle at high speeds.

The BRABUS side sills form an especially efficient aerodynamic transition between the
wheelhouses and come with an additional interesting and useful feature: Pushing a button on the
keyless-entry remote or pulling on the inside door handles activates four LED lights integrated into
the underside of each sill. These lights illuminate the ground next to the car and help avoiding
unfortunate missteps into holes or puddles lurking in the dark.

The extreme top speed of the BRABUS-tuned E 55 necessitates modifications to tires, suspension
and brakes. The electronically limited top speed of 320 km/h becomes possible by mounting
Michelin Pilot Sport 2 high-performance tires with 19-inch diameters. The tires in sizes 255/35 ZR
19 in front and 285/30 ZR 19 on the rear axle are mounted on multi-piece BRABUS Monoblock VI
light-alloy wheels in size 8.5Jx19 on the front axle and in size 9.5Jx19 in the rear.

The large wheels offer space for the installation of the BRABUS high-performance brake system
with its 12-piston fixed calipers and vented and cross-drilled mega-sized discs measuring 375 x 36
mm on the front axle. The rear axle features vented and cross-drilled 355 x 28 mm discs with six-
piston fixed calipers. The efficiency of the BRABUS brake system was documented in a test
conducted by the German car magazine 'sport auto': From 200 km/h the E 55 with BRABUS high-
performance brakes came to rest after precisely 135.7 meters – exactly 18.7 meters sooner than
with production brakes.

To further increase the impressive driving dynamics of the E 55 BRABUS developed a special
control module for the semi-active air suspension. It lowers the ride height by some 20 millimeters.
BRABUS sport sway bars reduce body roll and improve turn-in.

The range of exclusive BRABUS interior accessories includes genuine-carbon sill plates with
illuminated BRABUS logo, ergonomically shaped sport steering wheels and a speedometer with
360 km/h-scale.

For upgrading the COMAND system BRABUS offers the integration of a DVD changer and an
Internet platform which is operated with the controls of the COMAND system. An optional DVB-T
television tuner allows TV reception in areas exclusively served by digital broadcasts.

Upon request the company-own upholstery shop creates especially exclusive BRABUS interiors
crafted from a combination of especially soft yet durable BRABUS Mastik and Alcantara leathers.

http://speed.supercars.net/boardpics...%20Driverd.jpg

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 03:45 PM   #2
No.1
Regular User

I love Brabus cars , especially in black. They look like run of the mill mercedes to everybod else, but when they move, the move

The engine is nothing new, but i think a K8 E-Class is

6 Exhausts :shock: .. a little OTT, but the rest of the car iss so sensible, no wonder the designers made up a system like that 8)
Old 05-20-2004, 03:50 PM   #3
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by thenumber1
I love Brabus cars , especially in black. They look like run of the mill mercedes to everybod else, but when they move, the move

The engine is nothing new, but i think a K8 E-Class is

6 Exhausts :shock: .. a little OTT, but the rest of the car iss so sensible, no wonder the designers made up a system like that 8)
Yeah, the engine isn't new. The K8 E55 is.
I agree, Brabus cars look amazing in black
and also agree the 6 exhausts are a little crazy
. But hey, i still want one
Old 05-20-2004, 04:27 PM   #4
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I love Brabus. Not too sure about the exhausts...maybe overkill...but the rest is stunning!
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 05:44 PM   #5
jon_s
Regular User

Yeah, not sure on the exhaust front, I love the big 'B' as they are subtle, and the exhaust err, just is not their style. However, if you bought one, you don't have to have them.

Fricking suberb car IMO
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 06:27 PM   #6
davide
Regular User

what's up with the 6 exhaust pipes? Looks horrible... 4 are enough!
Old 05-20-2004, 06:31 PM   #7
TT
Regular User

OT: edited the first topic.. pics way to big to be posted directly in the forum they stretch the page to much and it's hard to read the text
Old 05-20-2004, 06:35 PM   #8
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
OT: edited the first topic.. pics way to big to be posted directly in the forum they stretch the page to much and it's hard to read the text
Yeah, better idea. I'll keep that in mind for bigger pictures.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:07 PM   #9
Ghostbat
Regular User

Cool car but yeah six pipes is too much..Looks kinda riced.
Ghostbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 08:25 PM   #10
schnell318
Regular User

Exhaust looks like crap, rest of the car is ok
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2004, 10:16 PM   #11
enfermin
Regular User

thats nice------------ 8) huge pics ............. love that red engine....
enfermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2004, 04:29 AM   #12
Evo
Regular User

Yeah I think the exhaust dose not look very good on it.. 4 would be cool..
And is it me or dose the front looks a lot like the AMG ??