Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Porsche

Porsche Porsche - the finest German Cars

Old 06-30-2004, 01:51 AM   #16
fabro_s
Regular User

Well I have seen one here in a private collection in Monterrey, I can tell its a piece of art, and by the way, I think its one of the best Porsches ever made, and a truly exotique, this car is now in history....

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:19 AM   #17
dingo
Regular User

What did you do before you became 'quasi-retired'? Must have been something big if you can buy an 550 when your 22yo.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:59 AM   #18
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I have seen one in person..and it looks and sounds amazing..much much better than the Enzo IMO...and its a Porsche so for me that makes it the greatest car on the road!
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:22 AM   #19
bobafett
Regular User

What qualifies this as making th ehistory books? I'd say absolutely zero unless Porsche plans on taking it racing.

History? Talk 917K, 956, 962....those are porsches that made history. The 2.7RS at Targa Florio beating cars with 2x the power. That's history.

Dingo: it's a long story. BTW, 550 was at 21. Hopefully the F40 will be before i turn 23.

--Dan
Old 06-30-2004, 04:53 AM   #20
dingo
Regular User

^ I have the time to listen
Old 06-30-2004, 04:03 PM   #21
mindgam3
Regular User

Seen it at the motorshow, definately looks stunning from all angles, although the front is a bit too much like a 911. Engine sound is just so addictive from all the videos and reviews i've read and from a fair few magazines its been faster or just as fast as an enzo round a track. Many say its a bit of a handful when pushing it, but then again so is almost every race car, they're not designed to go sideways, they're designed to go straight. If i had the money to buy any current production car, id take a GT
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #22
redbaron
Regular User

I've seen the car at Goodwood and I like it, especially the sound That sound would let me forget that clutch and all those other criticism you have, that sound is just that beautiful....
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 05:58 PM   #23
ahmedgiyab
Regular User

The CGT is an excellent car.....but I would rather get an SLR....
Old 07-01-2004, 01:51 AM   #24
5.7 V10
Regular User

Hence my Screen name 8)

Great car, it's my 2nd favorite car. It looks great(Basalt Black ). Timless beauitful styling. it has a great interior that has all the features all i want.. Radio, power window, AC.. It has a great engine, a V10! Instead of the good 'ol V12. You get a 600bhp V10 that revvs up to 8,400 rpm. According to Car and Driver and other magazines it is brutally fast. C & D got a 3.5 0-60 and a 6.8 0-100. Overall, great car. Would be my second choice for a supercar, after the Zonda.

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:08 AM   #25
mayer
Regular User

I've heard so many complaints about the clutch, but I think after a few weeks, the owners would get used to it. The CGT is the first car I'd get if I was Bill Gates.
mayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 04:12 PM   #26
mindgam3
Regular User

Agreed I think it would jus take a while to get used to it. The only complaints that have been made are when setting off in first gear, im sure the old saying practice makes perfect is quite relative here After your underway though apparently the gearbox/clutch combo is super smooth and one of the best available
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 02:21 PM   #27
c0wb0y007
Regular User

Technicly; It's probably the best car ever built
And I watch 'em roll away again
Sitting on the dock of the bay
Watching the tide roll away
I'm just sitting on the dock of the bay
Wasting time

http://www.emotionworkshop.org
http://www.stunningnikon.com/
http://www.nikon.co.uk
http://www.sportsshooter.com
http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond3/
c0wb0y007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2004, 02:17 PM   #28
crayzayjay
Regular User

I saw one up-close and it looked pretty spectacular. Better than an Enzo, which ive also seen in the flesh.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2004, 12:46 AM   #29
mclaren_Gt
Regular User

the best porsche in the history
Old 09-13-2004, 01:25 AM   #30
sameerrao
Regular User

I loved it. I saw it in the flesh just this weekend. It looked awesome in black. Jay Leno pooh-poohed comments on the clutch being finicky. He said just push it with no throttle release slowly and go ... that's it.

Personally it is the best looking hyper car in production - (The F1 is my all-time fav). The Enzo looks ugly cool to me - there are parts I really love and really hate. The SLR looks too generic for me.

I think the interior is nice as well. I think you must seen one with an odd color combo. See a car with a black or silver exterior with red or silver interior.

And I dont think it looks like a boxster unless from far away... the lights are quite different.

Bobafett, I was in California two weekends ago and was driving along my old haunts - 280, 35, 92 and 1. I saw a silver CGT pass me on 35 about 10 miles north of Alice's. He was going pretty slowly so I couldnt hear it from far away. By the time my stupid digital camera switched on the car disappeared. You must know whose car this is ... Right?

BTW I saw 2 F40s last weekend in Dallas - one was a F40 protoype and the other was a production F40 (from Georgia) - 1991 I think ... don't remember now. I know you are looking for a 1992.

See this link http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...784&highlight=

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote