Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines

Books, Comics And Magazines This is the place to discuss Books, Comics And Magazines that you have read / are reading

Old 07-18-2005, 05:17 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Anybody else read the Stigs book?

Flat Out Flat Broke that is, by Perry McCarthy http://tinyurl.com/9qgqf

I can definately recommend it easy reading but a fantastic life story of the struggle to become a racing driver and even a few bits about Top Gear (slightly revised version after he was revealed to be stiggy) Also kind of shows you how lucky people who get the breaks are in life!. Some time since i read it but i can still remember some of the funny stories
Old 08-16-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
sheruken
Regular User

Is he still the Stig?
Sorry I dont have much info on this, but I think I read somewhere that he's not more with the show or something (that he was the black stig, and they changed the stig to white as perry mccarthy was revealed or it got leaked or something)?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
graywolf624
Regular User

See the begining of I think season 4. He was the stig. Is he still? No one knows.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:46 AM   #4
sheruken
Regular User

There was a TopGear Magazine Launch Party yesterday in Bombay.. We used to get TopGear UK here, but now TopGear has also been introduced to the Indian Market which will focus on Indian Market and Cars available in India and also will cover TopGear UK issues also.. Anyways there were many behind the scene guys from TopGear present there (none of the biggies though), and I asked them if they can shed some light on who is the Stig and most of them didnt know, said that THAT is the BBC TV Show department, so they dont know much about it and some said they were'nt allowed to say in a very funny attitude!
Anyway, I doubt it is still Perry McCarthy.. But you never know, really!