Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Favourite TV Shows and Movies

Favourite TV Shows and Movies This is the place to discuss you favourite TV Shows and Movies

Old 03-15-2005, 10:38 PM   #16
antonioledesma
Regular User

mm, I avoided this topic for a while to think about the most original program... And I couldn't think about a single one, here all the tv is pure crap.
we have bunch of soap operas, right now we have big bored 3 and another reality show in which ppl want to be famous pop stars.
shitty game shows, mmmm

I would say the best programs are a cultural shows. One is "la dichosa palabra" and in that show the presenters (3 or 4) say a definition of a word and you must call for prizes. Of course in the program also you can call so they can tell you what is the origin and definition of a word
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:44 PM   #17
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89
i LOVE Viva LaBam. that shit is HYSTERICAL!
I've got the first season on DVD and laughed my ass off at them tunneling under Don Vito's house I was kinda pissed to ind out that they left out the pre-show banter and antics (i.e. Ape telling Bam that she didn't care how the piano disappeared just prior to their scavenger hunt )

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 10:47 PM   #18
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

did you see the new episode where vito fucks up apes aniversery? its soo fucking great!
Old 03-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #19
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I don't get cable unfortunatley, so i'll have to wait for it to come out on DVD I"m also wating for Dukes of Hazzard season 3

::starts humming theme song::

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 09:44 AM   #20
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
mm, I avoided this topic for a while to think about the most original program... And I couldn't think about a single one, here all the tv is pure crap.
we have bunch of soap operas, right now we have big bored 3 and another reality show in which ppl want to be famous pop stars.
shitty game shows, mmmm
What is it called in Mexico?

In the UK it is "Pop Idol" yet over here it is "American Idol" it's interesting how cultural differences even affect the names of shows.

Mrs transam insists on watching these numpties who ought to get out and find proper jobs...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2005, 01:58 PM   #21
Fleischmann
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001

In the UK it is "Pop Idol" yet over here it is "American Idol" it's interesting how cultural differences even affect the names of shows.
I Poland it's just plain "Idol".

There aren't any good TV shows in poland, all of them suck balls That is why I hardly ever watch TV, just spend my life in front of the PC
Old 03-16-2005, 02:09 PM   #22
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
shitty game shows, mmmm
What is it called in Mexico?

Mrs transam insists on watching these numpties who ought to get out and find proper jobs...
we have 2!!! each one from different channels.
One is with kids, and it's awful to see them trying to become famous and then crying out loud. It's called... " código fama" (code:fame)
the other is with teens and ppl a little more grown up, and it's called "la academia" (the academy) , but it's a mixture with big brother
but in these programs the ppl stay with calls from the viewers. So the person who has the least calls will be out of the competition.
Imagine... 2 usd for each call, and each show has about 100,000 calls each week
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 01:46 PM   #23
lev_p
Regular User

Well, here is one show that isn't from USA and still does very good around the world: "The Weakest Link". Original BBC show. Hate it....
From the same sort of shows, comes "The Vault". Purely Israeli invention now said to be sold out to few TV broadcasters around the world.
Can't think about more programs. ANd that's funny, because it the case of "shoemaker walks barefoot". I work on TV and don't even have cables or satellite at home

Spirit In The Dark
lev_p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:11 PM   #24
FoxFour
Regular User

Telemundo. Poor man's Playboy Channel
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 07:01 AM   #25
coombsie66
Regular User

I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

The best of them all must be Fawlty Towers

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx ops:
Oh, ofcourse trans you've missed the 'little britain' phenomenon over here, very very funny program, quite sick at times, very original and it's one of those 'you get it or you hate it' shows. I find it hillarious though, undoubtably the fast show of this generation.
Old 03-18-2005, 07:23 AM   #26
FoxFour
Regular User

Here in the States, our TV's our 'suffering' from 'Reality TV' over dosage. I generally watch shows like 'Stargate SG1', Battlestar Galactica' and sometimes 'Smallville'. Also, 'SPEED' has a few good shows. They do have a new 'reality' show called 'Build or Bust' where they get a person who wants to build a bike from scratch, must do it in 30 days or they don't keep the bike. Kind of a different show. Here you see all these guys from Exile custom bikes all wearing tattoos watching over the guy/gal trying to build the bike, generally shooting the bull with them and giving advice when they can and in the audio background the producers play classical music. Classical music? It works. And they do some other stuff that I find creative. Not your typical MTV, style shaky camera technique here.
Many pilots of the time were the opinion that a fighter pilot in a closed cockpit was an impossible thing, because you should smell the enemy. You could smell them because of the oil they were burning.
Adolf Galland
FoxFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:30 AM   #27
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by coombsie66
I think the British claim to fame here is going to be our Comedy shows, from the early 80's til today, excepting Benny 'twat' Hill of course, and that awful 'gags' progamme I see on BBCA occasionally.

The best of them all must be Fawlty Towers

"Thats not a hamster, it's a rat. Don't you have rats in Barcelona or did Franco have them all shot?"

"The Office" is probably the most original of the newer comedy shows. "Have I got news for you" is a current affairs / political satire quiz, very funny indeed, and quite original in terms of the concept, IMHO.

We also have some classics over the past twenty years: Red Dwarf, The Fast Show, Alas Smith and Jones, the Mary Whitehouse experience, Not the Nine O'Clock news.

A lot of these are available on torrent sites, particularly UK sites. PM me if you want the website.

As for the EastEnders comment : yes it is a cheesy soap opera, but I have been watching it since it started in 1985, that's my excuse. I watch it in TX, via torrent or winmx ops:
Oh, ofcourse trans you've missed the 'little britain' phenomenon over here, very very funny program, quite sick at times, very original and it's one of those 'you get it or you hate it' shows. I find it hillarious though, undoubtably the fast show of this generation.
Seen it out here, it is very funny, I'll give you that. I cannot stand the sight of Matt Lucas in skintights!! It's just makes me get all homophobic lol

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #28
mindgam3
Regular User

Takeshi's Castle from Japan - on sky all the time, fucking hilarious, especially with the english commentator
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 12:13 PM   #29
StanAE86
Regular User

I don't know about original, but I'll be the US is known for crap like Jerry Springer. :roll:
Old 02-06-2007, 07:05 AM   #30
Butch
Regular User

Kaamelott from France: close to Monthy Python Holly Grall. Very Funny, if you speak French.