Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 12-29-2004, 05:45 PM   #16
dons5
Regular User

ya isnt that new american company Panoz? didnt they have a new car ready or somethin?
Old 12-29-2004, 10:05 PM   #17
666fast
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
ya isnt that new american company Panoz? didnt they have a new car ready or somethin?
The P1 Esperante deal? Who knows, it's kind of odd that Panoz isn't running a P1 car since he's a major force within ALMS. They do have a Esperante in the GT class. Which is rather lackluster, it just doesn't seem competitive with the Porsches. Who knows though, they could win every race next season! LOL

BTW, Panoz isn't new, they've been around for many years. They are just relatively unknown since they produce so few road going cars each year.
666fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 11:50 PM   #18
dons5
Regular User

oh ya i know that Panoz isnt knew i just meant new as in a new car there commin out with a new one for the ALMS, guess im wrong. Hey do you have any sports car racing videos?? ALMS, FIA GT, or any of those psorts car videos? there so hard to find
Old 12-30-2004, 12:01 AM   #19
666fast
Regular User

No, I haven't any videos. You can buy them from www.ewa.com and www.mulsannescorner.com though. There are a number of them I'd like to purchase myself sometime.

Panoz doesn't have anything new coming that I know of. They are supposedly working with Courage as an engine supplier for their new L70 though.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:06 AM   #20
666fast
Regular User

Sebring Entry List

LMP1
2x Champion Audi R8
2x Dyson Racing Team Inc. Lola B01/60 AER
2x Rollcentre Racing Dallara Judd
1x Creation Autosportif DBA Zytek
1x Team Jota Zytek 04S Zytek
1x Taurus Sports Lola B2K/10 Caterpillar
1x Courage L70 (5)

LMP2
2x Miracle Motorsports Courage C65 AER
1x Intersport Racing Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Intersport Racing Lola B2K/50 Judd
1x Van der Stuer Racing Inc. Lola B2K/40 Millington
1x Tracsport Courage C65 AER
1x RML Lola B05/40 Judd

GT1
2x AF Corse Maserati MC12's (1)
2x Mid-American Motorsports Corvette C5R's
1x Carsport Europe Corvette C5R (2)
2x Prodrive Racing Aston Matin DBR9 (3)
2x Corvette Racing Corvette C6R's
1x ACEMCO Motorsports Saleen S7R
1x Larbre Competition Ferrari 550 Maranello
1x Graham Nash Motorsport Saleen S7R
1x konrad Motorsport Saleen S7R

GT2
2x Flying Lizard Motorsports 911 GT3-RSR
2x J-3 racing 911 GT3-RSR
2x Panoz Motorsports Panoz Esperante eGT-LM
2x Team LNT TVR T400R
2x Spyker Squadron Spyker C8 Spyder R (4)
1x Alex Job Racing Porsche 911 GT3-RSR
1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 360 GTC
1x Bam! 911 GT3-RSR
1x White Lightning Racing 911 GT3-RSR
1x PK Sport 911 GT3-RSR
1x Freisinger Motorsport 911 GT3-RSR
1x Siekel Motorsport 911 GT3-RSR
1x IN2 911 GT3-RSR
1 Cirtek Motorsport 360 GTC

(1) Maserati said they would be there depending on approval by ACO. They were approved by the ACO, so it seems they will be there. Hopefully anyway. If they do race, it'll most likely be Sebring only. Although, a lot of peopel are thinking that a full season is possible, just depends on how they do at Sebring. I'd love to see them do a full season, but I'm not holding my breath.
(2) Sebring only. They bought it to compete in Europe, but it will debut at Sebring.
(3) Sebring only. Like the Maserati, if they make it, don't expect a full season this year. Although, it could happen. Who knows! LOL
(4) That ought to be fun for the announcers! Say that 5 times fast!
(5) Yves Courage was in the States finalizing something or something. An engine has not been decided on, but if an agreement cannot be made with Panoz, then a Judd (GV4 or GV5) is possible. Either way, it has to be determined by January 15th. It's supposedly going to run LeMans and Spa and the whole LMES Season. But there is a chance we'll see it at Sebring. It's an extreme longshot, IMO, it won't be there. But I would love for it to make it.

As long as there aren't any dropouts and the Courage L70 makes it, thats 50 entries! If you have any interest in ALMS or racing at all, this is definately a race to watch!

Full Season ALMS entries

LMP1
2x Champion Audi R8
2x Dyson Racing Team Inc. Lola B01/60 AER
1x To Be Announced (1)

LMP2
2x Miracle Motorsports Courage C65 AER
2x Marshall Cooke Racing Lola B2K/40 Millington
1x Intersport Racing Lola B05/40 Judd
1x Intersport Racing Lola B2K/50
1x Van der Steur Racing Inc. Lola B2K/40 AER

GT1
2x Corvette Racing Corvette C6R's
2x Mid-American Motorsports Corvette C5R's
1x ACEMCO Motorsports Saleen S7R

GT2
2x Flying Lizard Motorsports 911 GT3-RSR
2x J-3 Racing 911 GT3-RSR
2x Panoz Motorsports Panoz Esperante eGT-LM
1x Alex Job Racing 911 GT3-RSR
1x Risi Competizione Ferrari 360 GTC (2)
1x Bam! 911 GT3-RSR
1x White Lightning Racing 911 GT3-RSR
1x PK Sport 911 GT3-RSR

(1) I already explained a bit in a different post, but, it's a team who has raced sportscars before, are from Illionois, will be entering an all new P1 car. No word on team name, engine choice or drivers. All that is known, is that it's their own chassis, and that they will run a full season.
(2) I'm hesitant to have it on the list, but many people seem to think Risi will make a full season this year. I'll believe it when I see it. I wish them the best of luck though.

Although I'm not counting on it, I'm hoping Prodrive and their DBR9's and the AF Corse Maserati's decide to go for a full season. The entry list for GT1 is still a bit lacking. The battles between the C5R's and the C6R's should be good though. New rules meant the C6R's were built to tigher requirements and such. So they shouldn't destroy everyone again. Hell, the Saleen might have a chance now! Especially with their change in tires!
Unless the Astons and Maserati's make it, the LMP2 and GT2 will be the classes to watch this year. Plenty of entries with lots of good cars.
I myself am very excited for the whole field. The Vettes will have more competition and the Audi R8's should have a harder time from Dyson as well! The 2005 season is looking pretty good to me!

So there it is. Of course, it's still months away from Sebring (start of the season) so there is plenty of time for more teams to commit to either Sebring or a full season. That also means teams can drop out as well. I'll try to keep up to date and create and updated list if and when any changes occur.
Old 12-30-2004, 12:12 AM   #21
dons5
Regular User

oh well i mean liek do u have any mpegs avi's etc etc
Old 12-30-2004, 12:15 AM   #22
666fast
Regular User

Yes, I do, but they are on my other PC which is all kinds of borked at the moment. LOL Small clips are easy to find, it's the full DVD's and stuff thats hard to get. You can get a bunch off of www.americanlemans.com I think it's in the photo gallery.
Old 12-30-2004, 02:35 AM   #23
dons5
Regular User

thanx!!!
Old 01-31-2005, 04:33 PM   #24
666fast
Regular User

Ferrari Returns to Sebring (or, they finally officially said they would enter)

From Fiona Miller of Care Racing...

CARE RACING LARBRE COMPETITION TO ENTER SEBRING WITH CHAMPION LINE UP

The sight and sound of an ALMS race-winning Ferrari 550 Maranello will soon be once again seen and heard in North America, driven by three reigning Championship title holders.

A collaboration between Care Racing Development, owners of one of the most successful GT cars in recent years, and Larbre Competition ˆ GTS Champions in the 2004 Le Mans Endurance Series with the same car ˆ will see a 6-litre, V12 engined Ferrari enter the 12 Hours of Sebring on the 19th March, driven
by an all-star line up of Champions.

Frédéric Dor of Care Racing explained why the Florida classic is so important. „Our cars have been enormously successful over the last three years, thanks to the professionalism and commitment of our racing partners in the different series.

„We have won Championships (FIA and LMES), the 24 Hours of Le Mans (GTS) and several races in the ALMS including Petit Le Mans, but never Sebring. We believe that Jack Leconte and Larbre are capable of achieving that victory although we know that we face some excellent competition and a tough 12
hours of racing.‰

Jack Leconte of Larbre Competition (pictured with Frédéric Dor) is keen to expand upon and profit from the experiences gained with the Ferrari 550 last year.

„This is a very refined race car, whether you are talking about the
aerodynamics or the suspension, the engine-gearbox unit or the transmission. Everything is spot-on and perfectly reliable.

„At Larbre we also believe in bringing all the right ingredients together for ultimate success and a vital part of this is the driver line-up. To win a difficult race like Sebring you must have drivers who are experienced, fast and reliable and I think we have found three who are perfect for this.

„Christophe Bouchut (LMES GTS Champion) will be with us once again and he will be partnered by Fabrizio Gollin (FIA GT Champion) who brings with him so much experience of this car from his years with BMS Scuderia Italia.

I am also very pleased to say that Sébastien Bourdais (Champ Car World Series Champion) will join us, which is very exciting news for the series and fans alike. Sébastien‚s home town is Le Mans so he has sportscar blood in his veins, and luckily for us he has also a great deal of experience at Sebring from his Champ Car testing. I think he will have no trouble adapting to the car in a very short time and we will have a really
magnificent driving team.‰

While Larbre Competition‚s plans for the remainder of the 2005 season have yet to be confirmed, Care Racing has already placed 5 of their Ferrari 550s. Further details on these placements can be found on www.care-racing.com
Hopefully Larbre will make a commitment to the full season to spice up the GT1 class. If anyone has a solid chance of dethroning the Vettes, it would be Larbre and a 550.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:38 PM   #25
666fast
Regular User

Some news from ALMS.com about Sebring testing

Sebring, Fl. - The first of four days of exciting American Le Mans Series' testing at Sebring International Raceway has come to an end with representatives of all four ALMS classes joining in on the fun.

Champion Audi led the way with both entries posting incredibly fast unofficial test times. The team of Frank Biela, Emanuele Pirro, and Allan McNish finished the day behind the wheel of the No. 2 Audi with a best lap time of 1:47.557, beating the qualifying record of 1:48.029 set by Frank Biela in 2002. The No. 1 Audi driven by JJ Lehto, Marco Werner, and Tom Kristensen set the second fastest time of the day with a fast lap of 1:48.073. Intersport Racing tested two cars today both driven by Jon and Clint Field. The team is experimenting with a Lola as well as a Riley Scott MK IIIC.

Last year's LMP2 Champions Miracle Motorsports ran its Courage C65 with drivers John Macaluso, Jeff Bucknum and Chris McMurry. The team utilized its new Kumho tires to post a time of 1:52.668 – just seconds off of the LMP1 times set by Champion Audi.

The ever-popular ACEMCO Motorsports Saleen S7R driven by Terry Borcheller, Johnny Mowlem and Ralph Kelleners was true to form running a best lap of 1:57.931 on its maiden voyage with Michelin tires. Aston Martin, the most anticipated entry of 2005, set a time of 1:58.883 led by drivers David Brabham and Tomas Enge. Aston Martin will release its drivers for the second entry tomorrow.

The familiar BAM! Racing team represented the GT2 class of the ALMS with drivers Tony Burgess, Leo Hindery, and Mike Rockenfeller, setting a fast lap time of 2:06.626
I'm not surprised that the Audi's were damn fast, they always are! LOL Hopefully Dyson will be there sometime soon so they can put up some times for comparison.

The P2 Courage is only 5 seconds off from the P1 cars, which is a lot and not much at the same time. Anything can happen in an endurance race. I wouldn't mind seeing Courage (or any P2) take the overall win again.

Th biggest surprise is the Astons laptime. Just under a second off the Saleen's time! Which is good, hopefully they'll have a good showing and will decide to do more races than just the big events. Seems the Aston isn't the flop that some people are predicting it to be. Hopefully we'll get some laptimes of the C6R's soon.

Here are some pics of the testing if you are interested:
http://www.americanlemans.com/galler...test/index.asp
Old 02-01-2005, 10:59 PM   #26
666fast
Regular User

Check it out, take a good look at the license plate.

Old 02-01-2005, 11:06 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

HAHA! Great plate.

Actually after looking at the Sebring Entry list I can friggin wait for the race.!
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2005, 12:11 AM   #28
666fast
Regular User

I thought it was hilarious as well. Thier test times are very very very close to the Vettes pole times, so the race better be good!

That list isn't definitive, I'm working on a new one as a few things have changed. It'll be up soon.
Old 02-03-2005, 11:54 PM   #29
ikon2003
Regular User

Intersting news. Those michelin tyres are being very highly touted. it'll b cool to see what they do. i heard that the mc12s and AMs aren't really going into full competition this year, but are in some sort of quasi-competition mode. truth to that? hopefully there'll b some nice races. the gt1 and gt2 classes look pretty stacked.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2005, 12:46 AM   #30
666fast
Regular User

This is nothing but a testing and developement season for the Astons. While they are able to win points and such, they aren't expected to make a full season. They could do the whole season, but don't expect it untill next season.

Maserati is in limbo right now. The MC12 is illegal and has been since the day they designed it. Why on earth they did that is beyond me. Some say it will not show at all in the ALMS this year, some say we'll see it. Basically, we just gave to wait and see. With Sebring coming up in some 40 days or so, there will be a ton of announcements coming out soon.
It seems the ACO does not want them to run, since it's so out of whack with the rules (overhangs are too long and it's too wide). I'd like to see it run, but it should not be eligable for points even with ballast and other penalties. The GT1 class could use the entries, but not one thats illegal. What would be very nice, is if the ALMS could create a catch all class. Like they used to do. The ACO will have none of that though, so maybe it's time for a seperation from the ACO?