Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-02-2004, 03:09 AM   #196
PATo355
Regular User

Originally Posted by AlienDB7
Originally Posted by yg60m
On november 7th :

Top Gear
Sun 7 Nov, 8:00 pm - 9:00 pm 60mins

On this week's Top Gear, Jeremy takes 'off road' too literally and attempts to drive the new Land Rover Discovery 3 up a mountain, the BMW 1 Series elbows its way into the small hatchback market, and there's a look at the world's first hydrofoil car. Also tonight, the Dodge Viper hits the track and Joanna Lumley is this week's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car.

Presented by Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May.

Stereo Widescreen

I was wondering why they didn't mention the new bmw 1 series in the Focus II review this week. Now that's why! Wonder what jeremy will think about the new viper. He liked the old one, let's hope he likes the new one too. I'm afraid the viper will get a 'vette treatment on the track and end up with a fast but messy lap
Actually he loved it ...

"If it were available with right-hand drive I’d love to have one. It would set me out as someone who won’t conform to the English norm, someone who can forget who you are and not give a damn. It is the concept of hedonism made real. "

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 03:29 AM   #197
blah
Regular User

as i said in the video vault section, is it me or was anyone else expecting the new brute of the supercars, the Konigsegg to make an appearence, and go toe - toe with the McLaren F1?
Old 11-02-2004, 03:54 AM   #198
Ill Dottore
Regular User

The videos was cool as it was.. Loved the cameo apperance of the Macca F1.. But the time of the Enzo is.... :shock:

Cheers!

Ill Dottore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 04:46 AM   #199
dons5
Regular User

ya i think the F40 0-60 in 3.2 was just abit exagerated lol, but common 4.3-4.7 it can do it in 3.9 maybe even 3.7-3.8, and second i dont believe those drag runs between the cars, i mean thats the second time now with such a big difference. The first time was Zonda absolutely murdering the Murci and now the Zonda gettin beaten quite easialy by the XJ220, common
Old 11-02-2004, 04:59 AM   #200
bmwmpower
Regular User

I now, look at video XJ 220 has good start
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:34 AM   #201
crayzayjay
Regular User

I also think the show was a bit of a missed opportunity. They should have devoted more time to all the supercars, GOT SOME LAP TIMES!!! and given less airtime to Ginger Bitch (what a f***ing annoying laugh).

Anyway, i actually met JC yesterday and he was a very nice bloke

I did say to him "surely the enzo isn't quicker than the F1" but he was adamant that it was the fastest car he's ever driven... so make of that what you will... i didnt want to correct him on the incorrect F40 stat, but TG should really have better researchers!

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 09:40 AM   #202
Jabba
Regular User

What stat ??? If you mean calling it the F60 I doubt that he would make such a mistake and I am sure that is the workshop technical name for it anyway.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:47 AM   #203
crayzayjay
Regular User

Sorry, should have clarified. The mistake im referring to is when he said the F40 would do 0-60 in 3.2, which is slightly inaccurate

And i still cant believe they didnt give the Stig a go in the other cars... Then again maybe they didnt have permission from the owners... i didnt get a chance to ask him

Have they ever had a Diablo on the track, Jabba?

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 11:49 AM   #204
evoWalo
Regular User

crayzayjay i dont think they include old cars in the powerlaps. If they did a lot of the old stuff may outpace the current crop. I'd want to see the McLaren F1 go around the track.
Old 11-02-2004, 11:54 AM   #205
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
I also think the show was a bit of a missed opportunity. They should have devoted more time to all the supercars, GOT SOME LAP TIMES!!! and given less airtime to Ginger Bitch (what a f***ing annoying laugh).
yes, can be better,but i think enzo is faster, not from those car can beat it round the track only F1 is faster in the straight line, but not in the corners,

but how faster can be Exige on slicks on dry track?
Old 11-02-2004, 12:00 PM   #206
jon_s
Regular User

Jabba has take his Diablo to Bruntingthorpe proving ground. His 355 also had a errr, how shall we put this....an incident lol There are vids about
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 PM   #207
bmwmpower
Regular User

Originally Posted by jon_s
Jabba has take his Diablo to Bruntingthorpe proving ground. His 355 also had a errr, how shall we put this....an incident lol There are vids about
that will be great
Old 11-02-2004, 12:11 PM   #208
Jabba
Regular User

A customer of the garage that looks after my car was asked to lend his Countach to them for the Lamborghini special that they did a while back.

He was at first very excited by the idea but then had second thoughts after hearing about the jag that they wrecked.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 12:15 PM   #209
jon_s
Regular User

I don't think I would lend my pride and joy to them!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2004, 08:32 PM   #210
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by crayzayjay
Yeah I agree. Also, it would have been nice if JC had done some research into why modern supercars are slower in a straight line and heavier than old supercars, instead of just complaining about it.
Surely someone like him would know how many hoops modern car makers have to jump through to get their cars road legal. Its a miracle modern supercars are as good as they are! The regulations are so much more stringent than in the 'old days'

And for him to complain that the enzo and CGT don't have the top speed of the F1.... come on! How much $$$$ was the F1 when it came out? And what happened.....? It sold waaay less than they hoped because it was just too expensive. So Porsche and Ferrari decide to learn from the mistakes of Mclaren, and make their cars more affordable (relatively speaking ) and all JC does is complain?

And can anyone tell me why they didnt lap the CGT and enzo together on the same day? When you are fighting for top place on the board, and you have both cars there on the track, then why not run them both????? Anybody can tell you that ambient temp can have a big effect on a cars laptime.

Sorry for the rant, feeling a bit better now!