Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 05-08-2004, 08:29 AM   #1
caneswell
Regular User

Default Barcelona Qualifying!

Oh dear! Think schumi's made them look silly again!

Unlucky for Button!
Old 05-08-2004, 10:59 AM   #2
coombsie66
Regular User

Yeah, was a shame for button, but it appears that ony schumi's got the luck of the irish on his side!
Old 05-08-2004, 11:43 AM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

What can I say. Rubino should get him self together because Im not impressed. 1.250 difference is defenetly not a car issue.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:13 PM   #4
caneswell
Regular User

Yeah, never really been impressed by rubens though. Only average, for an F1 driver! Schumis apparently made this years car less stable so it is more manoeuvrable for him. Don't think rubens is talented enough to cope with it though
Old 05-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #5
sameerrao
Regular User

What can I say. Rubino should get him self together because Im not impressed. 1.250 difference is defenetly not a car issue.
Possibly he has opted for the harder compound tires- would account for some (but not all) of the difference

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 12:22 PM   #6
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by caneswell
Yeah, never really been impressed by rubens though. Only average, for an F1 driver! Schumis apparently made this years car less stable so it is more manoeuvrable for him. Don't think rubens is talented enough to cope with it though
I was thinking same about him before. But I saw him do some great things and there was quite a few times he showed great skill. I just think he cant get his mind set in the proper direction. I race sims alot and I get that sometimes...sometimes Im just slow because my mind is set on something else...plus Rubens did say that he needs more time with the car...if he gets him self all togther he'll show some good competion.

Plus he's one of the few drivers who can keep up with Shcumi at times...others such as montoya "run out of gas"(boxing term) after few laps behind the man...
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:00 PM   #7
aawil
Regular User

Should be an interesting race.
aawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #8
caneswell
Regular User

Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
Originally Posted by caneswell
I was thinking same about him before. But I saw him do some great things and there was quite a few times he showed great skill. I just think he cant get his mind set in the proper direction. I race sims alot and I get that sometimes...sometimes Im just slow because my mind is set on something else...plus Rubens did say that he needs more time with the car...if he gets him self all togther he'll show some good competion.

Plus he's one of the few drivers who can keep up with Shcumi at times...others such as montoya "run out of gas"(boxing term) after few laps behind the man...
He can't keep up with schumacher though. Even last seaon when he prefered the car, he would almost always finish half a minute behind. There are definatly a few who in the same car could do alot better than that!
Old 05-08-2004, 01:17 PM   #9
Sm@ck
Regular User

Hmm I think Sato had an excellent start in the last race, I think it is possible he might take first corner, first! I doubt he will win. In the end it is looking good for Schumacher again though
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 01:24 PM   #10
5vz-fe
Regular User

Let make a pole and see Schumi or Montoya will come out the first corner first
Old 05-08-2004, 01:56 PM   #11
robruf
Regular User

Schmue and Montoya will take themselves out at the first corner and Sato will go on to win the race. He has really started to impress everyone in F1 and judging by his times he is only going to get faster and faster. This first lap is going to be extremely exciting.Since Raikkonen started last race in last place and ade it up to 8th , so now that he is starting in 13th place he will make it to 2nd place.
robruf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2004, 05:25 PM   #12
SPAD
Regular User

I dont think rubens has the skill anymore.2002 was a great year if u dont count the
car troubles he had.I dont think we should write him off yet though.He might suprise u.
Old 05-09-2004, 01:25 AM   #13
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by robruf
Schmue and Montoya will take themselves out at the first corner and Sato will go on to win the race. He has really started to impress everyone in F1 and judging by his times he is only going to get faster and faster. This first lap is going to be extremely exciting.Since Raikkonen started last race in last place and ade it up to 8th , so now that he is starting in 13th place he will make it to 2nd place.
I don't think schumi will be stupid enough to let Montoya take him off the track......so he might even let him to lead for the first 10 laps or so then overtake him in the first or second pitstop
Old 05-09-2004, 03:32 AM   #14
beemrmem3
Regular User

Agreed... I dont think montoya is going to give shumacher anything though, especially the inside line. I dont know actually, shumacher does not like getting beat. Like he said last race, he didnt want to let him by, cause he new he would get faster. Schumacher should win if he doesnt have car trouble or pit trouble, i dont think the fw26 can keep up with the f2004. I would like to see montoya and schumacher go at it in identical cars. I think montoya is really fast. But, can he hang with michael??
beemrmem3 is offline   Reply With Quote