Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 09-28-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
Jabba
Regular User

Default THE UNITED STATES GP, Indianapolis - QUALIFYING

Final qualifying times from Indianapolis

1 RAIKKONEN McLaren 1m11.670s
2 BARRICHELLO Ferrari 1m11.794s
3 PANIS Toyota 1m11.920s
4 MONTOYA Williams 1m11.948s
5 R.SCHUMACHER Williams 1m12.078s
6 ALONSO Renault 1m12.087s
7 M.SCHUMACHER Ferrari 1m12.194s
8 COULTHARD McLaren 1m12.297s
9 DA MATTA Toyota 1m12.326s
10 TRULLI Renault 1m12.566s
11 BUTTON BAR 1m12.695s
12 VILLENEUVE BAR 1m13.050s
13 HEIDFELD Sauber 1m13.083s
14 WEBBER Jaguar 1m13.269s
15 FRENTZEN Sauber 1m13.447s
16 WILSON Jaguar 1m13.585s
17 FISICHELLA Jordan 1m13.798s
18 FIRMAN Jordan 1m14.027s
19 VERSTAPPEN Minardi 1m15.360s
20 KIESA Minardi 1m15.644s
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 08:52 AM   #2
gis
Regular User

i think this GP is going to be one of the best ones yet,i want kimi to win and i think he has the potential to,but i think it be awesome if it went down to the final race at japan.

the BMW staright line speed though is goin to be killer and cause problems for the others

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:01 AM   #3
Jabba
Regular User

I for one will be glued to the TV today @ 6:15 PM....

Although unlikely Schuey could take the title today ...if Michael wins and Montoya comes less than 6th....
Old 09-28-2003, 09:09 AM   #4
stracing
Regular User

bmw is fast
but the ferrari is uber slippery aerodynamically. i also hope it rains, give the bridgestones some advantage.

i want schuey to win as well, but very unlikely. i can't remember who the last person won from seventh.

and i'l be glued to the tv at 4:00AM, yes thats right 4AM
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 09:11 AM   #5
gis
Regular User

just over 4 hours to go till its on jabba.gonna be excitin this one

i dont want schuey to win personally,but never count schuey out,he has a thing for surprises and he may just do it,u never know

Old 09-28-2003, 09:12 AM   #6
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by stracing
i want schuey to win as well, but very unlikely. i can't remember who the last person won from seventh.
Hey its motor racing !!! and stranger things have happened...and of course theres Ralph and Rubens to help out...although of course team orders are not allowed
Old 09-28-2003, 09:14 AM   #7
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
I cant bloody wait !!! I am already getting my Lazy Boy (chair) stocked up with food and drink and my Ferrari flag at the ready !!!
Old 09-28-2003, 09:24 AM   #8
stracing
Regular User

hey no champagne yet alright?
we don't wanna jinx them
Old 09-28-2003, 09:27 AM   #9
gis
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by gis
I cant bloody wait !!! I am already getting my Lazy Boy (chair) stocked up with food and drink and my Ferrari flag at the ready !!!
lol,your lazy boy,one of them was mentioned in an episode of friends and was in that episode aswell.you honestly have one jabba,lol

Old 09-28-2003, 09:29 AM   #10
Jabba
Regular User

hey no champagne yet alright?
we don't wanna jinx them
Nope good point....but I am finding it hard not to get excited for Ferrari....I cant even imagine what Schuey must be feeling right now...
Old 09-28-2003, 09:32 AM   #11
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by gis
lol,your lazy boy,one of them was mentioned in an episode of friends and was in that episode aswell.you honestly have one jabba,lol
Yep I got it last year as an xmas present to myself....

"It features a beer cooler built right into the arm of the chair that holds up to six full size cans. But that's not all. It also features a 10-motor massage and heat system and a telephone, making it, without a doubt, the coolest Bachelor Pad chair available.

The La-Z-Boy is a hand-made chair, so you are assured of a brand spanking new, leather smelling, grandiose chair fit for a king."

Old 09-28-2003, 09:36 AM   #12
stracing
Regular User

how much are one of those?

gis, are you going to "hit" her as well?
Old 09-28-2003, 09:37 AM   #13
TT
Regular User

Oh my god!! That lazy boy is supercool! In Friends they never showed all the features

Anyway in my poor sofa, I'll be glued to the TV
Old 09-28-2003, 09:41 AM   #14
Jabba
Regular User

It cost £1,099 last year....but I see it has now gone upto £1,999.....I will try and get some pictures of it up later of it in action with the grand prix on...

here are some quotes from other people that have bought one....

This chair is great because you can store your beer in the fridge. Me and my girlfriend had a great time on it when we cranked up the massager. The phone is class as I don't have to leave my seat to order a pizza; it would be better though if I didn't have to leave my seat to get the pizza! And it also supplied comfort when for when I broke my leg. All round a bloody good chair, thanks Boys Stuff.
Andrew Wright, Kelso

Could this chair BE better? If there was toilet in it I could live this chair; a fridge for drinks a phone to call for food, a 10 motor massager and if you're feeling tense, turn up the heat... this is the chair that god must have, it makes other chairs obsolete. To make sure I'm comfortable in my next life I want to be buried in this chair.
Mitchell Stringer, Colchester

I thought and thought about buying one and then just did it - no regrets. Boys Stuff were amazingly prompt at delivery and it's been a relaxing home for my backside ever since!
MJK, Stoke on Trent

I'm gonna rip out my car seat and replace it with this, i'll never need to go home again. P.S If you buy this you'll never let anyone but you sit in it. It's the most comfortable thing on the planet.
Harry Shone, London

£1,099 is a lot to pay for a chair, and when I did, I did so with a little concern, and a lot of thought. All fears were immediately forgotten when assembled...it's a BARGAIN! It's a fantastically comfortable chair even before you recline, heat the seat, or put the massage system to use...and then the bonus of not leaving your chair for beers or to answer the phone? Genius, pure genius!! If you can...BUY ONE NOW! Well worth it!
Luke Griggs, York

I spent over a grand last year on osteopathic treatment. If only I had seen this sooner... I say slam on the Radio 7 from web link, get yer feet up and chill, laugh and then doze off to your fave Stevie (Wonder) album. A blessing for all blokes backs, bums and birds - there's room for two in this beaut!
The Bird, Hove

Had this chair 6 months now, wanted to give it a good test before reviewing it. All I can say is WOW!!! I now eat vast ammounts of beans so I can produce wicked smells in bed, that way I get sent to sleep downstairs on my La-Z-Boy. Heaven! Great staff to deal with and super fast delivery! Thanks Boys Stuff.
Justin Franklin, Great Yarmouth

The ultimate chair for the armchair loafer, with everything you need to keep you going through a Lord of the Rings DVD. Let's hope they make a La-z-boy toilet sooner rather than later!!
Philip Allely, Belfast

This armchair is the most awesome one I ever had! If I should recommend a gift to someone who has it all: THIS IS IT! Every person with this chair is a happy TV guru!
Torkil Skille, Norway - Lillehammer

If there was a god of chairs this would be the one that it got its orders from. This is the best thing since cavemen sat on rocks. I'm going to sell my bed so I can buy this.
Matt Rutter, Cambridge

After scrimping and saving, and robbin' my brother's pound jar (shh,don't tell him) I've finally bought one. Wow! Massager really works, fridge chills fast... I'm telling you now the only person I loved was myself, but now I think I love something better (I know it's hard but I feel like Joey from Friends) how you doaaiiin.... - deep breath I love the lazy-boy more than myself.
Tony Kutny, Keighley

The La-z-boy Oasis is just soo good, I can't wait until I get my credit card ....
Olly, Norwich

Just got my chair yesterday, as soon as sat in this chair I knew this was the best invention since the microwave!!!!
Glenn, Gillingham

This is the best thing that walked this Earth!! I seriously sold my bed and I just sleep in this!!
Gingerboy, Reading

Heaven! I'm already in the process of flogging my tired old bed to replace it with this piece of genius!
Andy, Glastonbury

Is this heaven? I think it may well be. Finally we can all watch TV the way it's meant to be watched. The only thing it can't do is cook - thank god there are women to do that for us, eh boys?
Greig, Ayrshire

DAMN! Is this chair good! There is a god, Lay-z-boy be thy name!
Matt, Bradford

You have got to check this out. Perfect for fat lazy bastards like us who find it a trial to get a beer when settled and the wife's not in. Just have to make sure she keeps it stocked!!
Richard, Witney

Wow what a chair! No longer shall I excercise my legs. I will become a grade A slob. Thank you.
0nigey Pie, Leeds

I didn't realise this is the one they have on the Friends TV sitcom... Mine's in black and my friends call me Joey. A real party animal chair - fridge holds loads of beer cans!
P. Hayles

Super quality, really impressed. Noticed the furniture stores want £1100 for the chair and £75 to deliver it. Boys Stuff charge £1050 and no delivery charge - that`s value.
Bryan Matthews, Darlington

Comfy and excellent quality. BT phone that's supplied is better than my digital one.
A. Rawlinson, Bromsgrove

There is a god... whoever invented this chair!
Matt, London

I would like to tell you how much I love this chair, I think it's the best invention yet for all the lazy people like me who just love to chill and relax. I have recently bought one and I am thoroughly pleased, especially the beer fridge. Nice work lads.
Karl

The best thing I have ever seen, heard of or sat in!
Olav van Lede
Old 09-28-2003, 09:44 AM   #15
gis
Regular User

how much are one of those?

gis, are you going to "hit" her as well?
if she came with it,would u have a choice,lol

dam jabba,thats awesome,ill just go cut a hole in my sofa now and stick a mini fridge in there

3 hours 30 mins to go wOOt