Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 03-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
McLaren4eVa
Regular User

Default Team And Driver You Think Is Going To Win

I was just wandering what you guys thought the outcome of the championship would be, yes you're probably thinking it's way to early to judge but there are several factors in my opinion

1. Renault are quick
2. Honda are NOT as quick as their pre season testing showed.
3. McLaren are a huge team that can surely make a few tenths(especially with chassis and engine upgrades for Australia and Nurburgring)
4. Ferrari have dodgy engines and fixing it may cause a loss in performance as a redesign may be needed.
5. Alot of controversy over the flexi wings which if is proven legal will result in nearly all teams using some sort of a flexible wing.
6. Honda's Jenson may be quick but Barrichello is a tortoise compared to him.
7. Raikkonen speedy but not lucky.
8. Williams also seem quick and could prove a factor later which could spoil the championship for a team if williams start winning.
9. Massa is quick but how many mistakes will he end up making and how many drivers will he take out by locking his rear brakes.
10. Will Scott Speed ever let the leaders pass and not hold them up.

Personally being a Huge McLaren fan i want them to succeed but in reality that chance is not as Big as Renaults who just seem to be running away with championship alredy 28pts from 2 races this year compared to 26pts in '05, plus the 05 Champs have promised upgrades for every race which is quite worrying(personally i hope that one of those major upgraes will fuck them like it did to Williams last year). Also with bridgestones back to competitive form Renault's Pat Symonds has warned of a Ferrari domination at cooler circuits(think back to imola last year), which could also help williams and toyota.

So Make Your Predictions.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:04 PM   #2
nthfinity
Regular User

1. Renault are again the team to beat this year (for now)
2. Honda will have thier first victory this year... perhaps even two...
3. Mclaren... its anybody's guess with those guys... either grate, or dead in the water
4. Ferrari... based on what MS has to say... they (he) may be the one to beat after the next 248 evolution. different stratagies proved different things in Malaysia... i wonder if MS is going to scrap going for the softer compound and in favor of the smaller mirrors?
5. flexi wings... brilliant! requireing requireing xxxx lbs of force before altering! awsome... it'll be sad to see it go; if indeed it really does.
6. Barichello... nothing to see here, move on to Jenson... i smell more podiums here.
7. Raikkonen = smallest man in F1 = crazy fin. if he survives, i'm very sure he'll be a WDC soon... posibly this year... unlucky? from what i saw, his crash in Sepang was his own fault... i'll review the footage later.
8. Williams, its good to see them back in good form; after last year proved to be way off the race pace. stick it to BMW is what i say
9. BMW Petronas... fast... but good enough? will JV get any podiums? no crystal ball here.
10. Scott speed... with a name like that, and his american ego... Points are in the forecast... as well as angry drivers who wish to pass
Old 03-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
sameerrao
Regular User

Renault looks in imperious form as does Alonso. Kimi is fast as ever but sadly is as unlucky as ever. I really wish he wins the WDC this year even if it calls for a minor miracle.

Originally Posted by nthfinity
7. Raikkonen = smallest man in F1 = crazy fin. if he survives, i'm very sure he'll be a WDC soon... posibly this year... unlucky? from what i saw, his crash in Sepang was his own fault... i'll review the footage later.
Klien hit Kimi in the previous corner and broke Kimi's suspension causing him to spin out in the next corner

5. flexi wings... brilliant! requireing requireing xxxx lbs of force before altering! awsome... it'll be sad to see it go; if indeed it really does.
Actually some other teams had rear wings that flexed under the load in the past till FIA made a new rule that the rear wing has to remain rigid under a certain weight being applied to it to prevent this issue.

6. Barichello... nothing to see here, move on to Jenson... i smell more podiums here.
Agree ... Barrichello has not shown the pace that people (including me) expected. PArt of it can be explained by it being a new car but the fact is Rubens is no longer as fast as he was. He will be a #2 driver foreever.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #4
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

im hoping for a mcmercedes win with raikkonen, but as said, they're either great or dead....
Old 03-21-2006, 11:22 PM   #5
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Hm I have to say Alonso in Renault
Followed by either Ferrari man in 2nd place

But who knows

I say Maccas keep blowing up.

Ferrari Vs. Renault with renault>ferrari
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote