Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Television and Movies > Top Gear Discussion

Old 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM   #1
nchs09

Default someone care to explain quickly

why this season was so short? wtf are they spening too much money per show?

i rather hve more shows that are just normal like the past seasons... if that si whats going on.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:04 PM   #2
Blip
Regular User

Default Re: someone care to explain quickly

Originally Posted by nchs09
why this season was so short? wtf are they spening too much money per show?

i rather hve more shows that are just normal like the past seasons... if that si whats going on.
They need to spend more time filming behind the scenes specially since the show has become more hoolywoody in an attempt to gain an even wider audience :roll:

I still cannot get over how bad the Buggatti Veyron episode was. I waited for weeks only to end up watching a stupid fake bullshit race across Europe ! We didn't even get to see the car properly. I expected technical details about the Veyron then a video that would really bring it's awesome speed into prespective. They are making the show less technical and more theatrical because common people aren't interested in cars to the degree we're interested in... TOP GEAR is meant to be a show that caters for car enthusiasts not for mindless teenage hippies that couldn't care less about details on cars.

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:19 PM   #3
Anonymous

Think about how short the gap was between this and the series before it, add in the fact Jeremy couldn't film for alot of the preceeding year and you have your answer, getting those 6 episodes will have been tough no doubt. Next series, presumably full length is expected in May
Old 12-28-2005, 06:27 PM   #4
ARMAN
Regular User

Originally Posted by Blip
I expected technical details about the Veyron then a video that would really bring it's awesome speed into prespective. They are making the show less technical and more theatrical because common people aren't interested in cars to the degree we're interested in... TOP GEAR is meant to be a show that caters for car enthusiasts not for mindless teenage hippies that couldn't care less about details on cars.
isnt that a stuff you get in every magazine and other shows?

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 06:39 PM   #5
Blip
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
I expected technical details about the Veyron then a video that would really bring it's awesome speed into prespective. They are making the show less technical and more theatrical because common people aren't interested in cars to the degree we're interested in... TOP GEAR is meant to be a show that caters for car enthusiasts not for mindless teenage hippies that couldn't care less about details on cars.
yes. But why read when you can have people who have driven the car actually SHOW you instead of TELL you

So you prefer seeing a Veyron racing a train across Europe for example, than seeing a Veyron drag racing a Mclaren F1 or some other similarly performing car ? That would really show us just how much faster the Veyron is. It would be much cheaper to film than a silly vacation across Europe.

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #6
ARMAN
Regular User

Drag race really is the last thing that would be interesting, and I really dont car who of them would win, they are both icons + noone would give them Macca to do a dragrace

.................................................. .............................
Old 12-28-2005, 07:53 PM   #7
ARMAN
Regular User

^^ "I have not whitened my teeth"

Old 12-28-2005, 07:55 PM   #8
nchs09

now that i see it, i was dissapointed cuase of the veryon... the carrera gt, zonda, slr
etc... those shows were better... even the enzo with the guy from pink floyd...

i just feel the quality has been going down... shure they are maybe a bit more crazy but its just not t3h same. i dunno :s
Old 12-28-2005, 09:04 PM   #9
gottacatchup
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
yes. But why read when you can have people who have driven the car actually SHOW you instead of TELL you

So you prefer seeing a Veyron racing a train across Europe for example, than seeing a Veyron drag racing a Mclaren F1 or some other similarly performing car ? That would really show us just how much faster the Veyron is. It would be much cheaper to film than a silly vacation across Europe.
alot of what they do on the show has to do with the availability of the cars. Ferrari didnt want them to have an enzo so the had to go and find a private owner to lend the car. I'm sure Bugatti did not when them destroying the car on their track, cause every car made is going to be somebody's car.
Old 12-28-2005, 09:15 PM   #10
ARMAN
Regular User

i just feel the quality has been going down...
whats that??? :shock:

Old 12-29-2005, 07:17 AM   #11
nchs09

meh maybe not quality in the quality of the show... maybe mroe imagination. the lst seasons i feel they had more. u do not agree?
Old 12-29-2005, 08:41 AM   #12
Anonymous

meh maybe not quality in the quality of the show... maybe mroe imagination. the lst seasons i feel they had more. u do not agree?
What strange long dead dialect was that? Definately wasn't english in the accepted sense of the word

My own opinion, yes the veyron feature was disappointing in that it didn't have any timed or other normal tests, lets just hope they can get hold of another for the full Top Gear base experience Other than that I can't really fault this season, they continue to innovate in the way they present reviews and make interesting features where 5th gear would bore us to death. I mean Tiff even managed to fuck up a review of the M6 where as look at what Top Gear did!
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 AM   #13
ARMAN
Regular User

Hmm never saw 1st season :cry:

About Veyron - its very very rare and f@king expensive car so its very possible that WV just said NO to the track test, hoping that they WILL manage to get it on track 8)

Old 12-29-2005, 12:28 PM   #14
martin100
Regular User

^^^ I don´t think they'll get the Veyron again as it has already been VERY nice from VW to allow them to take the car from Italy to England in that long race. I have to admit that i would have liked more detail on the car aswell, but to sum it up it was a stunning feature and without doubt one of the best in TG history
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:45 PM   #15
SafirXP
Regular User

i hope these criticisms (which i agree mostly) get to there ears and they do something about it next season!

i prefer the 2004 more for some reason... that carreragt review was PERFECT! and so is the car
SafirXP is offline   Reply With Quote