Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Scale Models

Scale Models Discuss your model collections in here inc R/C models

Old 05-06-2007, 06:53 PM   #196
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ How much was it, is it a LE?
Old 05-06-2007, 06:56 PM   #197
Andrew
Regular User

i got it for £15 and it is an LE 2876/3010
Old 05-06-2007, 07:06 PM   #198
TopGearNL
Regular User

^^ Bargain, my uncle collects those planes. He has the big bombers like B17s and Lancasters 8)
Old 05-17-2007, 04:53 PM   #199
Andrew
Regular User

the phone call came today,shop owner called me up at lunch time to say it was in and he had a look at it and it was beautiful so wasted no time getting to the store and he was right! car is beautiful.feels rather flimsy and not well built though.only these piccys so far,staying hidden away till saturday as tomorrow night ill be up at knockhill with a 1:1 gallardo

also got a gmp cleaning kit while i was there as well
Old 05-19-2007, 07:10 PM   #200
Andrew
Regular User

well here it is,the 1/12 gallardo.this is a sentamental model in a way,now i have to admit im not a fan of supercars as they are abit too obvious in a manner of speaking,but imo the gallardo is something its trying not to be,its abit more quieter than a 430/911gt3/turbo/gt etc and more comfortable.now i bought the silver 1/18 gallardo last year for the sake of it,few extra quid left like the idea of the extras so thought why not.nice little model it was.then a last month a guy called liam turns up at one of our local tuners with his very own silver gallardo,so got chatting and told him that i had a 1/18 model of a silver gallardo and would love a go in the real thing(been around knockhill in a few seriously modified cars so would love to experience it in a car built for speed rather than one modified for it) and he said sure to come looking for him in a while and he would take me out on the track in it,so it got to the end of the session 15mins left and i find liam and ask if its still ok for a go round the track and he says sure jump in but as im getting ready someone goes off the track and they end the trackday.just as a passing joke i ask if there was any chance of a lift to dunfermline as i couldnt get a lift back to glasgow and had to get the bus and to my surprise he said sure why now .the sheer power of the thing is unbelieve,ive been in 500-600bhp cossies and skyline and they didnt feel half as brutal as this!so it was a simple case the next morning of i NEED a 1/12 gallardo NOW!!! after some searching i found one for 390usd shipped which i thought great! but the guy didnt have any in stock and said it would be around a month so started looking in the uk and everyone wanted between 270gbp and 300gbp for them in the uk then i called a local store who runs swapmeets and asked if any traders there might have any and he said no as he was the only one in scotland to get them so i asked how much.........£199.95 before he could finish i was like i want one now!! order now!! then finally the call came on thursday and well here she is

the model is just beautiful,even the store owner was saying how beautiful it is,everythings there exactly as it is on the 1/1 even down to the hinges

more pics

the only kinda drawback i have is that i just feel theres something missing,i cant explain it but its like when you buy a cmc or an exoto or a cc or indeed some aa's you have a feeling of yes this is the best there wont be one better than this,well with this i just dont get that feeling that this is the best,but i dont care just look at it

and a scale comparo shot

and one of liams if anyones wondering

Old 06-15-2007, 08:51 AM   #201
Andrew
Regular User

'75 brock holden torana slr5000,swapped 2 kyosho lancia stratos's for it 8)
Old 06-15-2007, 09:23 AM   #202
TopGearNL
Regular User

Love that Gallardo, great buy!
Old 06-15-2007, 06:27 PM   #203
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Why are you so interested in the aussie V8 Supercar championship being from Scottland? I've seen you have lots of models from that race series

Just curious...
Alot of them are from Brock if I can remember, maybe he's just a major fan
Old 06-15-2007, 06:58 PM   #204
Andrew
Regular User

yeah most of them are brock cars but i love the aussie V8's for the fact its the only decent touring car series in the world.BTCC died in '96 and dtm is just a pure excuse for a touring car championship(not saying its bad but they are more like GT racing rather than touring cars now) the aussie V8's have basicly been the same since the beginning,Holden vs Ford,V8 road cars rwd H style gearbox,non of this high revving sequential rubbish only decent thing in the btcc is jason plato for the fact he is old school,but i get annoyed at the fact that when he races you seem him nudge and rub people(as touring car racing should be) but after the race you get like matt niel or whoever he nudged ranting and raving about what he did etc etc,where as in the V8's you get the nudging and rubbing and exciting racing and the other driver doesnt complain....well except lowndes and theres also alot of passion with the fans and the sport that you only get a major events such as le mans.

mini rant over
Old 06-15-2007, 08:08 PM   #205
TopGearNL
Regular User

Im a fan of the Aussie cars too but mostly the roadcars like Ford Falcon FPV and Holden Monaro/Commodore. I do enjoy the Holden/Ford battles though, they are great. What I also love about those races is that they can actually interview the drivers while they are in the middle of the race, for lets say asking about accidents
Old 06-16-2007, 01:10 PM   #206
Andrew
Regular User

arrived yesterday got offered this for the 2 stratos and it was just to tempting to say no paint looks fantastic on it but the rear doors are fairly hard to open.does look amazing 8)

more pics

the 2 toranas 8)
Old 06-20-2007, 05:01 PM   #207
Andrew
Regular User

arrived today

Old 06-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #208
TopGearNL
Regular User

Nice ones! How limited?
Old 06-20-2007, 05:48 PM   #209
Andrew