Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 01-14-2006, 04:18 PM   #46
leo_26782
Regular User

Great news Dani. Take a lot of pics, vids, and enjoy our time If you sleep in the car, make sure to take some warm clothes, it might be snowing
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:31 PM   #47
redbaron
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Anyway - what happens with the Kronos Xsara?? when will it be released? or will it look the same as the old official one??
The Kronos Xsaras will be sponsored by Gauloises, so I think they will be blue and white

:arrow: http://www.gauloisesracing.com/en/index.asp -> announced on the moving news bar

Originally Posted by insane
The Red Bull Skoda looks pretty good

... but what about the wheels on Solberg's 307??
Looking at the front bumpepr of that 307 it seems like it's just a standard model with the livery just for show.
you're right, It is a standard model, the '04 307 WRC has a gap where the licence plate is on the standard model.

'04 307 WRC

Wheras at the '05 307 WRC has one big gap

'05 307 WRC
redbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 06:15 PM   #48
redbaron
Regular User

Does anyone know if Eurosport will broadcast the Monte this weekend? I checked their scedule, but no monte yet
Old 01-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #49
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

If nobody has seen here we go the first pics of the 2006 spec Xsara WRC´s one;

It doesnt look too bad; however, for me the great surprise of the year in terms of decoration has been the red bull

On the other hand the big dissappointment for me its the 2006 ford focus, the 2006 WRC looks much worse than the previous ford model
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 06:20 PM   #50
gucom
Regular User

wow that's 1 uninspired livery for the Xsara...the red bull Skoda is indeed a very nice looking car but then again i've always thought the Skoda Fabia rallycar looks tough as hell, i like it 8)
Old 01-18-2006, 02:52 PM   #51
redbaron
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ford Capri 2.8i
If nobody has seen here we go the first pics of the 2006 spec Xsara WRC´s one;

It doesnt look too bad; however, for me the great surprise of the year in terms of decoration has been the red bull

On the other hand the big dissappointment for me its the 2006 ford focus, the 2006 WRC looks much worse than the previous ford model
It looks allright, but not spectacular. Somehow it reminds me of the 3rd works Peugeot of 2002, runned by Bozian racing
Old 01-19-2006, 09:15 PM   #52
gucom
Regular User

Go panizzi and yes the red bull skoda's are the best looking WRC cars out there IMO...i wish i had a chance to go there like you dani...im VERY jealous
Old 01-26-2006, 09:55 PM   #53
Schwalbe

Thank you so much Ronin for all these pictures and videos of the 2006 WRC Monte Carlo rallye. With all this great materials we have now a complete coverage.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2006, 05:09 PM   #54
redbaron
Regular User

The official entry list of the Swedish rally:
http://www.swedishrally.com/resource...ved_by_fia.pdf

I.M.O The most remarkable entry is the Citroen Xsara entered by Harri Rovanpera, which will be driven by Janne Tuohino. A few weeks ago, Rovanpera was registered in a Lancer WRC and the driver was Rovanpera himself.

According to www.wrc.com, Calsson (#63 on list) will drive a Lancer WRC instead of an Ignis JWRC. This same article says Rovanpera will drive the Xsara. I think we just have to wait and see what will happen this weekend.
http://www.wrc.com/page/BreakingNews...774959,00.html
Old 02-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #55
TNT
Regular User

looks to be a good race i have always loved the colder races. can't wait for pics.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:46 PM   #56
gucom
Regular User

yeah cant wait for the next rounds, since now the dry road rounds are coming up... it'll be interesting to see if there'll suddenly be a power shift, or if the grönholm-ford combo is really a championship winner
Old 02-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #57
redbaron
Regular User

I really enjoyed the fight for the third place between Galli and Carlsson last weekend.

Second win for Ford - this season promises to be GREAT!!

:arrow: http://rally.racing-live.com/wrc/en/...20515018.shtml
It is already great!!!

The new Focus is fast but not completely bulletproof yet. I think that when Hirvonens car hadn't broken down he would have been pretty close to Loeb. Grönholm was fast but had a lot of small problems, that costed him a lot of time.

About the Grönholm-Ford combo, Marcus is an allrounder wit his speciality at gravel. The Focus always was a good allrounder and was the fastest car on gravel. The disadvantage of Grölholm is that he is driving a new car for a new team. Loeb, who is I.M.O his main competitor thinks Xsara WRC and that car has proven that it is fast and reliable.

Breaking news:
Suzuki will announce their WRC plans on the Geneva Motorshow. They will enter the 2007 championship with a WRC based on the SX4.
Old 02-07-2006, 03:13 PM   #58
redbaron
Regular User

^^^
just as weird as the Ignis JWRC
Old 02-07-2006, 04:21 PM   #59
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

Im a bit concerned that the 2006 Rallying title fight would be boring since thoroughout the year, the ford will be more and more efficient and faster, and there is no much room for developing the xsara....see what happens; anyway, it seems that the Loeb is making progress more and more (in terms of his driving skills) and it seems that he has no limit
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #60
fsandys
Regular User

Sorry if I am reposting this question but I've been all through this topic and a quick search of rest of forum.

The new Subaru is a 2.5l instead of 2.0l, have the WRC rules changed? Whenever I've seen a review of rally cars before the reviewer has often stated 'this is all from a 2.0l engine to conform to the rules of rallying'.

Or is this just for the road version, or what?