Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 10-20-2008, 12:38 AM   #31
mts6800
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21 View Post
Bourdais's incident requires a bit more time to get my head around, but in the end it was Massa who was spun and gained no advantage, so there is no need to cry fowl.
I think the perspective is Bourdais was not to racing speed and was not yet in a position to take the racing line nor was he ahead of Massa.

Another way to look it it is consider a car spins, recovers and is accelerating toward the next corner when a car at racing speed takes the line into the corner and they collide. If he was slower but his rear wheels were ahead of the overtking car at the apex, then, the overrtaking car would have to yield. Otherwise it's about the same as driving wildly up the inside and not making it

With Bourdais he was clearly slower at the point of contact. I think it was a tough call by the Stewards but it seems, now, no infraction will go unpunished.

Massa's penality was deserved, I think Massa had no way to avoid it when he went off the track but he caused it and that was that.

Hamilton's penalty was well deserved, despite no contact with anyone by him he clearly caused contact by others.

Looking at the race, it was exciting and Alonso proved why he is a double WC. Well done!
mts6800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM   #32
fordgt84
Regular User

i cannot believe they penalized Bourdais, wtf is wrong with these f1 stewards...

all the other penalties that were given to other drivers from the other incidents were well deserved...But bringing Bourdais down was just rediculous BOOOOO!!
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 09:57 PM   #33
Mattk
Regular User

Some sports competitions are officiated for the benefit of television viewers, like NBA basketball. Most others are officiated for the benefit of the sport. I think a hardline approach is best.