Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

View Poll Results: Should Ferrari back Massa for the championship title
Yes. Massa has been the better and more consistent driver in the last few races. 26 50.00%
No. Raikkonen has shown that he is still very fast. Check the fastest laps of each race. 18 34.62%
Who cares? McLaren will beat them anyway. 8 15.38%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2008, 08:55 PM   #16
Mattk
Regular User

^Care to share you own observations?
Old 08-28-2008, 09:13 PM   #17
styla21
Regular User

Originally Posted by Pokiou View Post
I think your way off the mark here.
You don't make any sense.
Give me 3 legitimate reasons why Kimi is 'past it'.

I feel less intelligence after reading some of the posts in this thread

FYI - from F1.com :
Raikkonen: I’m more motivated than ever

With his last race victory dating back to April’s Spanish Grand Prix, it is no surprise that reigning world champion Kimi Raikkonen has been criticised recently for his dwindling results. Raikkonen, however, has dismissed speculation that his motivation is fading and believes his championship hopes are still very much alive.

After retiring from last weekend’s European Grand Prix, Raikkonen saw team mate Felipe Massa overtake him in the standings to go second behind leader Lewis Hamilton. He now trails Massa by seven points and Hamilton by 13. But last season the Finn made up an even greater deficit to clinch the championship at the final race, and he believes there is still plenty of time to salvage his title defence.

“Life would be much easier if you could always win,” the 28 year-old told Ferrari’s official website. “But sometimes it doesn’t seem to go your way. It’s useless to cry over spilled milk: what happened, happened and now we have to look ahead. It’s not over yet. I’ll keep fighting to get the results I want to achieve. One third of the season is still left and it’s enough to fight back. If someone has doubts as far as my motivation is concerned - go ahead. I want to win more than ever!”

As well as enduring a four-month wait for a win, Raikkonen has also come under fire for his poor results in qualifying. He took his last pole position at June’s French Grand Prix and has since qualified no higher than the third, at July’s Silverstone race.

“There has been a lot of talk about my problems in qualifying,” he explained. “But the truth is that in a couple of races - at Hungary and Germany - I made some mistakes and I had to start from the sixth position. At Valencia I missed the third position by a whisker.”

Raikkonen, who will test at Monza later this week, is already working hard preparing for forthcoming Belgian Grand Prix at Spa-Francorchamps, an event he is looking forward to with relish. “I love the track,” he added. “I'd like to race there all the year round. It's the best of all the tracks and I hope that I'll have a car that works the way I want. I'll give it all to win again.”

Spa-Francorchamps would seem a likely venue for Raikkonen to rediscover his form - he hasn’t lost at the famous circuit since 2002.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:23 PM   #18
Pokiou
Regular User

Massa has better pace then Kimi. Dont ask me to elaborate this futher... i'm making the same observations as you, if you can't see it, then to bad.
Pokiou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:03 AM   #19
sameerrao
Regular User

Honestly I don't reallycare if either Massa or Kimi clinch the championship. I would take both over Hamilton.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 06:35 AM   #20
dr vinyl
Regular User

Testing at Monza yesterdays results..28.8.08
fastest
1,N.Heidfeld BMW
2,N.Rosberg Williams
3,H.Kovalainen McLaren,
4,S.Vettle Torro Rosso
5,F.Massa Ferrari
Interview with Ferrari boss Stefan He said,
(We are not ready to support only one driver yet) but
(Kimi is more than happy 2 support Massa if it falls that way) he also said
(He belives Kimi can get it together & said FERRARI needs to give Kimi a car he likes)

I M O the weather will be a big factor
dr vinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2008, 12:54 PM   #21
blue8
Regular User

FYI - from F1.com :
Raikkonen: I’m more motivated than ever
“Life would be much easier if you could always win,” the 28 year-old told Ferrari’s official website. “But sometimes it doesn’t seem to go your way. It’s useless to cry over spilled milk: what happened, happened and now we have to look ahead. It’s not over yet. I’ll keep fighting to get the results I want to achieve. One third of the season is still left and it’s enough to fight back. If someone has doubts as far as my motivation is concerned - go ahead. I want to win more than ever!”
Who wrote/said this? I can't imagine Raikkonen saying anything about spilled milk!

Ferrari hasn't lost hope:
"For me it doesn't represent a problem," Domenicali told the Gazzetta dello Sport newspaper. "He'll react, he'll soon be strong again, he knows how to keep away from criticisms." The team boss also took some of the blame for Raikkonen's lackluster results, stating that Ferrari need to give the reigning Champ a car that he has confidence in if they want him to win races.
I don't get it. Raikkonen was pretty strong in the earlier rounds of the season. He has had some bad luck but why has he qualified so low in the recent races?

Spa will be a crucial race. Right now, Ferrari will treat both drivers equally, as they should. If Raikkonen doesn't win or if he finishes behind Massa, then I think he might have even bigger problems than qualifying.

blue8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 03:30 AM   #22
dr vinyl
Regular User

29.8.08 monza,Italy F1 Testing

Fastest times were set by

1.L.Hamilton McLaren
2.K.Raikkonen Ferrari
3.G.Fisichella Force India
Old 08-30-2008, 03:35 AM   #23
simona
Regular User

F1 is loosing my interest. Each event is more like a parade then a race.
simona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2008, 04:15 AM   #24
dr vinyl
Regular User

(F1 is loosing my interest. Each event is more like a parade then a race.)
Simona.
After Valencia I must agree BUT I also must remind you that next weeks Race
(Belgian GP.spa) is never a parade probaly the most unperdictable Event on the calendar.
Valeancia was the biggest disapointment of the year so far..
I dont want to take anything away from F.Massa s win.
Fair & Square but after a 3 week wait I wanted a Race I could get my teeth into.
AND NOT ANOTHER PARADE..
Old 08-31-2008, 05:12 AM   #25
dr vinyl
Regular User

For some reason all eyes are on Kimi & Ferrari
Well heres the latest from that camp.
yesterday in an interview Ferrari Boss Di Montezemolo (says Raikkonen is a part of Ferrari for 2009 and is as motivated as ever)

Well heres hoping were not in for another repeat season(Im not talkin about Kimi or Ferrari)
but F1 in general.
IMO another tyre manafacturer is an important element in the mix.
I hope we will see different drivers & different teams scoring points.

I hope Williams will bounce back.
Lets hope BMW can keep it up & bring it to the next level.
Honda,Renualt & can Red Bull or Torro Rosso win a Race I hope so
Cause even thou I been followin those red cars since 75,76 season
I want more on track action..
Old 09-01-2008, 10:24 PM   #26
Pokiou
Regular User

I just want mclaren to win so i can rub it in your face!
Old 09-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #27
Mattk
Regular User

^Mate, your support for McLaren is bordering on the obsessive.
Old 09-04-2008, 02:39 AM   #28
Pokiou
Regular User

I honestly think you have no clue.
Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM   #29
Mattk
Regular User

No, I think you have no clue. Whilst most people in this thread have posted lucid comments, you've simply made assertions with no justification. You've also said that Red Bull uses Ferrari engines when they use Renault engines.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #30
Juho
Regular User

Bad luck just seems to follow Kimi around.
It seems like everyone has gotten up to pace though in the last few races, you see people like Vetell(or w/e his name is) in Q3, so it's anyones game in my opinion.
I'm rooting for Kimi though, 'cause I'm finnish, but he has to learn how to qualify again, or take one of the setups he used at the beginning of the year, they seemed to work better. Or like they've said on SPEED, they are just rushing with the car's development.
Juho is offline   Reply With Quote